Please help me choose a hotel for Fort Lauderdale stay pre-cruise

crucero

Hello! I would love if you could help me. I would like to stay in a hotel that has a shuttle, free breakfast, and is close to somewhere to eat dinner & also buy wine & toiletries. I can find the amenities I want using any standard hotel search site, but I have no idea of the different areas of town close to restaurants & retail places.

We arrive at 5pm and board at 11:30pm the next day, so we don't need a lot of resort type amenities. Just looking for a clean, safe, nice place to stay for 2 adults.

Please let me know if I have left out any info that you might need.

Thanks in advance!

Hampton inn plantation. We had a great stay there. It's walking distance to dining and shopping. Free breakfast. Free airport shuttle. I think they have port shuttle too for a fee. We used Uber

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello! I would love if you could help me. I would like to stay in a hotel that has a shuttle, free breakfast, and is close to somewhere to eat dinner & also buy wine & toiletries. I can find the amenities I want using any standard hotel search site, but I have no idea of the different areas of town close to restaurants & retail places.

We arrive at 5pm and board at 11:30pm the next day, so we don't need a lot of resort type amenities. Just looking for a clean, safe, nice place to stay for 2 adults.

Please let me know if I have left out any info that you might need.

Thanks in advance!

We stay right on 17SE . we use the Embassy Suites (breakfast included) and the Hilton Marina.

The Embassy Suites has a package that includes transfer from the airport and transfers to the port the next day.

I would not limit my search to hotels offering free shuttles - taxis & Uber are cheap and distances are not far. Dates and budget would help the suggestions to be closer to your target - the $300+ room in Feb can go for under $100 in Aug.

I would focus on the 17th street/downtown area - lots of hotels and lots of dining/shopping options. Plug the hotel info into Google Maps and you can see what else is nearby - dining, shopping, Total Wine, etc.

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel/tourist info.

Best Western Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port

221 FL-84, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315

There is a small mall with liquor store, bars and grills, Subway, Wendy’s, McDonalds, Big Lots and Winn Dixie supermarket next store.

They have a free airport shuttle.

They have a port shuttle for a fee, but a taxi is around $20.00 with tip. We hung out around the pool until we were ready to head to the port.

Free breakfast

Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port

2275 W State Rd 84, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312

This place is just up the road a piece and a little bit better, but it has nothing near it like a store or small mall. On the plus side is the free shuttle from the airport, and to the port. They also offer limited hours complimentary shuttles to a large and small mall.

Their great tropical setting pool area has a very busy Tiki Bar (offers great food) is wonderful, and lit up in colors at night. They also have an inside restaurant.

Free Breakfast

Hampton inn plantation. We had a great stay there. It's walking distance to dining and shopping. Free breakfast. Free airport shuttle. I think they have port shuttle too for a fee. We used Uber

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I second this notion.

They have both an airport and Port Everglades shuttle and good breakfast. Walking distance to two nice malls, dozens of restaurants, a Publix grocery store and a Total Wine.

I am staying at the Hyatt Place Convention on 17th Street, booked it thru valuetrips.com at a great price. This hotel from what I understand is within walking distance to Total Wine and lots of restaurants. They have a free breakfast, airport and port shuttle for a fee and your very close to the pier.

Click here for a cruise map with hotel locations, restaurants, shopping, etc close to Port Everglades. It is about to be updated but still 98% accurate.

As shown on the map BELOW there are 8 clusters of hotels popular with cruisers:

• Las Olas Cluster – Unfortunately only one hotel of note in the famous downtown district and one other nearby
  • Fort Lauderdale Beach Cluster – Several upscale and even surprisingly affordable hotels in this area for beach lovers
  • 17th Street Cluster – Perhaps the best known area at the north end of the Port if you want to stay close with shops and restaurants
  • Marina Mile Cluster – Out towards I-95 north of the airport, this area is rural with strip malls and lower rates
  • Route 1 Cluster – Not the most attractive area but fine for budget-minded travelers close to the Port
  • Airport Hotel Cluster – At the SW corner of the airport, this a typical airport hotel area with familiar chain hotels but not much nearby
  • Dania Beach Cluster – An older town known for its many antique shops. Only a few hotels in this area.
  • I-95 South Cluster – Typical and familiar highway chain hotels a bit further south of the airport near a mall

PortEvergladesHotel-Clusters.jpg

I am staying at the Hyatt Place Convention on 17th Street, booked it thru valuetrips.com at a great price. This hotel from what I understand is within walking distance to Total Wine and lots of restaurants. They have a free breakfast, airport and port shuttle for a fee and your very close to the pier.

Agree we stay there often. Great location near a mall and plenty of restaurants, We usually at Duffy's Sports Bar. Prices range from $99 to $219 if booked thru Value Trips per night depending on the time of year.

We have stayed at the Embassy suites four times, and yes it is an older hotel, over the years they have renovated and upgraded the suites.

We ask for a port side view on floors 5 and above to see the ships come in.

Love the awesome breakfast and evening free cocktails.

They have a pay shuttle, twice we took, and twice took a cab. Prefer cab.

Daughter staying there Sunday before her cruise monday with the girls.

I will update if anything new.

Sea Ya

I would not limit my search to hotels offering free shuttles - taxis & Uber are cheap and distances are not far. Dates and budget would help the suggestions to be closer to your target - the $300+ room in Feb can go for under $100 in Aug.

I would focus on the 17th street/downtown area - lots of hotels and lots of dining/shopping options. Plug the hotel info into Google Maps and you can see what else is nearby - dining, shopping, Total Wine, etc.

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel/tourist info.

Yes, I should have included that info! We will be staying in the middle of May and don't want to spend more than $200/night.

Thanks so much for your suggestion for 17th street area. I had gotten overwhelmed looking at hotels.

Hyatt Place Convention center is just off 17th St in easy walk to everything you need. Airport shuttle included and a very short cab/uber to port. Valuetrips.com will book it for $109. Can't go wrong at that price. It's a popular precruise stay. Embassy Suites sits nearby, but not sure I'd spend the extra money. As you aren't getting more there.

Edited by eandj