Our Arabian Adventure onboard MSC Fantasia - 4th - 11th March 2017

peteukmcr

Peter,

As always, a fantastic, well written and informative reportand a thoroughly enjoyable read!

Lorna and I look forward with excitement to our 1sttime on MSC in Sept. We just have to get a certain small trip to Oz out of theway first !

Thanks again for all your hard work here it putting thistogether. It was very much appreciated.

Regards

Ron and Lorna.

Glad you liked it and I hope it's of use to you. I'd forgotten about your Oz trip. Have a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankyou so much for your well- balanced review. So many people want to just moan about any negatives so it's a pleasure to read about such a positive experience. We now can't wait for our trip in less than two weeks!
Thanks and enjoy your trip.

Peter, once again, another outstanding and balanced review. Fantastic pictures, too. I'm so happy your trip was so enjoyable and you continue to be happy with MSC. Thank you for sharing!

Sending warm hugs from Sunny Florida[emoji267][emoji274]

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

Hi Karen, thanks for your kind words, I hope it was helpful, especially with your 1st MSC sailing in the future.

Hi Pete,

Definitely helpful! Thank you so much.

These reviews often tend to be somewhat biased and used as a format for the author to bleat about how privileged they are in the Owners Suite, or how xxxx (fill in as required) is the best cruise line in the world, which is essentially why they have had 200 cruises with them, all terrific, without any issues (oh really!).

Pete, you gave, IMO, an honest review of your findings. 'Warts and all' as you say, and quite right too. It was refreshing and informative. Your photographic additions were terrific ingredients to the overall experience.

Mrs. K and I have sailed with Princess, P&O, Norwegian, Celebrity. We have enjoyed all, but there is always something that perhaps others will benefit from knowing beforehand. This is our first sail with MSC. I looked forward to it at booking but even more so after your review.

Thank you.

Kernel :beer-mug:

Hi Pete,

Definitely helpful! Thank you so much.

These reviews often tend to be somewhat biased and used as a format for the author to bleat about how privileged they are in the Owners Suite, or how xxxx (fill in as required) is the best cruise line in the world, which is essentially why they have had 200 cruises with them, all terrific, without any issues (oh really!).

Pete, you gave, IMO, an honest review of your findings. 'Warts and all' as you say, and quite right too. It was refreshing and informative. Your photographic additions were terrific ingredients to the overall experience.

Mrs. K and I have sailed with Princess, P&O, Norwegian, Celebrity. We have enjoyed all, but there is always something that perhaps others will benefit from knowing beforehand. This is our first sail with MSC. I looked forward to it at booking but even more so after your review.

Thank you.

Kernel :beer-mug:

Many thanks for your feedback. I believe as giving the positive and negative aspects of an experience as well as information that may help others, even though this doesn't go down well with some :)

Enjoy your first time with MSC. We have now met many who are regular cruisers with this line.

Pete, in all your posts I don't believe you mentioned shows in the theatre. I'd be interested in knowing the times for the first and second seatings. Thanks much.
From memory, the shows were scheduled at 8pm for those on 2nd sitting dinner (which started at 9:15 pm) and 10pm for those on 1st sitting dinner that started at 6:30pm.

The shows were no longer than around 45 minutes so for those on 2nd sitting that would give around 30 minutes to get to the dining room after the show ended.

As dinner is quite a long drawn our affair, then that's why 1st sitting diners are encouraged to attend the show that starts at 10pm as there's no guarantee that they would finish in time for the 8pm showing. For example we'd sit down at 9:15pm but rarely finished before 11pm.

Hope that helps.

From memory, the shows were scheduled at 8pm for those on 2nd sitting dinner (which started at 9:15 pm) and 10pm for those on 1st sitting dinner that started at 6:30pm.

The shows were no longer than around 45 minutes so for those on 2nd sitting that would give around 30 minutes to get to the dining room after the show ended.

As dinner is quite a long drawn our affair, then that's why 1st sitting diners are encouraged to attend the show that starts at 10pm as there's no guarantee that they would finish in time for the 8pm showing. For example we'd sit down at 9:15pm but rarely finished before 11pm.

Thanks Pete. We're used to the late dining times for those cruise itineraries in hot climates. At home in the summer we rarely eat before 21.00.so no problem. For this cruise since we'll be in Yacht Club I suspect we'll sit down in L'Etoile around 20.00-20.30 so as to catch the 22.00 shows.

One last question, i dont suppose they had courvoisier brandy back on board. They used to stock it and then for some reason it disappeared :-(
Unfortunately I didn't notice as only had 1 brandy all week and from memory it wasn't courvoisier. Sorry

Thanks for your review! It has been extremely informative! We're on Fantasia (first MSC cruise for us) in June and had a number of questions that you have addressed!

Pete98

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just back from our Fantasia cruise around UAE & Oman. Great cruise, no real niggles. I would usually do a review but Pete's review here sums it up very well and his photos are way better so no need for another thread on the same trip. If anyone has questions Pete has not been able to answer, maybe he wouldn't mind them being raised here? As there is only a week or so left on that route this season, l don't anticipate many queries. Many thanks to Pete, Bea, nikki and all who contributed info to help me plan! Ken.

Just back from our Fantasia cruise around UAE & Oman. Great cruise, no real niggles. I would usually do a review but Pete's review here sums it up very well and his photos are way better so no need for another thread on the same trip. If anyone has questions Pete has not been able to answer, maybe he wouldn't mind them being raised here? As there is only a week or so left on that route this season, l don't anticipate many queries. Many thanks to Pete, Bea, nikki and all who contributed info to help me plan! Ken.
Glad you enjoyed your cruise Ken. With the weather here at the moment, I wished I was back there this week!:)

Hi Bea. Friday night/Saturday were hell! We were to rendezvous at 0300 in the theatre to disembark. So, we dined as usual in the Red Velvet MDR at 9.15PM and retired early to try for 2 hrs sleep(that didn't happen). All went to plan except for a problem with coach luggage door which delayed us and caused our party to be split. Everything else was smooth except the flight which quite bumpy...spilled coffee on my leg! Didn't sleep much on flight. Long drive home from Dublin!

Sir Bani Yas: it was a dull and cool day for that area and breezy with spits of rain. Practically heatwave type weather for Ireland but kept the numbers down. We just lay on the sunbeds(fell off twice), they are rocking type. Buffet was just OK, IMO, my chicken thighs were cold while the boss's weren't and the veg was cold. My BIL's burger was very good, however, much better than one he had later onboard:rolleyes:. Sand was 'shelly' and beach shoes would be useful. Not much to do unless you go on a tour. Not allowed onto island proper on foot.

Overall, we had a great cruise. Loved Burj Al Arab, Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi, and Dubai Mall. Service on ship was excellent, food in MDR was very good and served hot or warm enough.

Yeah .................. that 3am meet for disembarkation is a pain. I was pretty shocked when I found out about it - I don't know if I would have booked had I known in advance how early the flight was. I see it'll be the same next year for Splendida. It's being heavily marketed here at the moment. I'm not surprised - I reckon our cruise had less than 70% guests onboard judging by the empty tables in the MDR.

Yeah .................. that 3am meet for disembarkation is a pain. I was pretty shocked when I found out about it - I don't know if I would have booked had I known in advance how early the flight was. I see it'll be the same next year for Splendida. It's being heavily marketed here at the moment. I'm not surprised - I reckon our cruise had less than 70% guests onboard judging by the empty tables in the MDR.

Same as that, Bea. The difference in price equated to the flight price closely so l would have preferred to take a later flight or spend another day in Dubai.

Cheers Pete.

Sent from my ME173X using Forums mobile app

We are back from our cruise, leaving the ship for 4 am bus to airport. Unfortunately we were on the bus that was reversed into by another bus. Smashing the window and showering me with glass. Not great at 4am. Luckily another bus was available to move us onto so we didn't miss our flight. Sorry end to a disappointing cruise☹️[emoji107]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are back from our cruise, leaving the ship for 4 am bus to airport. Unfortunately we were on the bus that was reversed into by another bus. Smashing the window and showering me with glass. Not great at 4am. Luckily another bus was available to move us onto so we didn't miss our flight. Sorry end to a disappointing cruise☹️[emoji107]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How awful - and a shame you didn't enjoy the cruise, either.