First night steakhouse offer?

nhsails

Just off the Carnival Sunshine. We ate at the Steakhouse on the first night. Food was absolutely wonderful and service was great. We were offered a free bottle of house wine or 50% off any other bottle. We drank 1/2 of the bottle and they re-corked it and gave it to us for the rest of the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless it's changed since Sept you can order more than 1 bottle at 50% off at the steak house the first night.

On the Sunshine we ordered 5 bottles and they kept them for us and we drank them through out the cruise for dinner in the main dinning room.

It was cheaper doing it this way than ordering the Bon voyage wine package.

Thanks all. We booked for 2 nights and 1 at Italian restaurant. Haven't been on Carnival for 19 years, menus looked a bit uninspired so glad we booked specialties.

I would consider the specialty restaurant menus very uninspired, especially the steakhouse. It is all cooked well and tastes good, but it is certainly not a creative, inspiring, or trendy menu. An update is wayyyyyyy overdue IMO.

Thanks all. We booked for 2 nights and 1 at Italian restaurant. Haven't been on Carnival for 19 years, menus looked a bit uninspired so glad we booked specialties.

We had 2 Steakhouse nights and one Cucina del Capitano night on our January cruise on the Breeze and they were the best meals of the week by far. Service was great in both, especially from Alexandra in Cucina.

Are the free bottle of wine per table or per couple /stateroom?

I have heard of others having different results,

But for us it was 1 bottle per table.

2 couples 2 cabins 1 reservation

Next time 2 couples 2 cabins 2 reservations still 1 bottle.

YMMV

Like I said in a previous post, now we take advantage of the 50% off per bottle

:cool:Last Oct on the Magic we bought 3 bottles the first night and got to take them back to our room with us. If it was a corked bottle they had to uncork it but the screw off tops were no big deal.

Thatoneguy you must be one man that is hard to please. WE always enjoy the food and always leave over full.Rnjoy all.

Unless it's changed since Sept you can order more than 1 bottle at 50% off at the steak house the first night.

On the Sunshine we ordered 5 bottles and they kept them for us and we drank them through out the cruise for dinner in the main dinning room.

It was cheaper doing it this way than ordering the Bon voyage wine package.

Sure wish that was allowed on the Vista - in January they would only allow us to purchase two bottles of wine, we were disappointed!

:cool:Last Oct on the Magic we bought 3 bottles the first night and got to take them back to our room with us. If it was a corked bottle they had to uncork it but the screw off tops were no big deal.

Thatoneguy you must be one man that is hard to please. WE always enjoy the food and always leave over full.Rnjoy all.

You can have good food without an inspired / creative menu. The steakhouse is good food but an uninspired menu, like I said in my original post. Is the exact items you would expect on a steakhouse menu there are no real creative dishes. The tasting menu they do in the cooking demo is more creative (although its a shame its always the same).

I would consider the specialty restaurant menus very uninspired, especially the steakhouse. It is all cooked well and tastes good, but it is certainly not a creative, inspiring, or trendy menu. An update is wayyyyyyy overdue IMO.

We could not disagree more. At least 2 Steakhouse dinners per week My wife does not eat meat and she says the Sea Bass is world class delicious. The Onion Soup and Lobster Bisque are excellent. The Caesar Salad can even be served with slices of anchovy, classic presentation. The Caesar in the Steakhouse if far superior the the one served in the MDR. OK, now I'm salivating.

For the last time uninspiring does not mean its bad. You literally just proved my point, the Cesar salad is good for sure, but its a classic perpetration a Cesar salad not anything creative, if you gave someone culinary trained all the required ingredients and said the most classic Cesar salad you can you'd get the steakhouse salad