YC mini-bar questions ...

TrinaLC

I understand these have sodas, beer and 4 selections of liquor in mini bottles. Hope somebody(ies) can answer these questions:

Is there Diet Coke?

Is the Soda water/Seltzer (or other sparkly water)?

How many mini-bottles are "pre-stocked"? 2 of each?

Can we get them to be all of one liquor when re-stocked (we are scotch drinkers)?

Do you need to request re-stocking? I gather it is twice a day. Is this something the steward does regularly when doing a.m. and p.m. service?

Thanks

Yes, there is Diet Coke. The water we had was still but you can tell your butler you'd prefer sparkling. Upon embarkation our minibar had one bottle each of rum, vodka and scotch. You can request as many as you'd like. As they generally do the cabins twice, if you wanted more it would be easier to ask them to provide you with X number in the am or pm. You can request all of one alcohol. They are there to do whatever you want and will bend over backward to accommodate you. On the last night I noticed our mini bottles had been removed. I mentioned it to our butler who gave me some excuse about "inventory." In his defense we had not drunk any of the alcohol the whole week but I had planned to try the rum and the bottled coconut/citrus drink on the balcony that last evening. When we came back from dinner there were three glasses on the counter with generous measures of all three alcohols.

However, we were only two doors down from HOME, aka The Top Sail Lounge and it was absolutely no problem to pop over there and get a drink to take back to the cabin.

Yes, there is Diet Coke. The water we had was still but you can tell your butler you'd prefer sparkling. Upon embarkation our minibar had one bottle each of rum, vodka and scotch. You can request as many as you'd like. As they generally do the cabins twice, if you wanted more it would be easier to ask them to provide you with X number in the am or pm. You can request all of one alcohol. They are there to do whatever you want and will bend over backward to accommodate you. On the last night I noticed our mini bottles had been removed. I mentioned it to our butler who gave me some excuse about "inventory." In his defense we had not drunk any of the alcohol the whole week but I had planned to try the rum and the bottled coconut/citrus drink on the balcony that last evening. When we came back from dinner there were three glasses on the counter with generous measures of all three alcohols.

However, we were only two doors down from HOME, aka The Top Sail Lounge and it was absolutely no problem to pop over there and get a drink to take back to the cabin.

Let me second everything Helen Haywood said. The butlers in the YC are wonderful. Just tell them what you want and they will comply if humanly possible. One other thing. Your butler will also bring drinks from the Top Sail Lounge to your cabin whenever you want.

My husband drinks Jack Daniel's and asked the butler about that. They don't have that in mini bottles but if we had requested, the butler would have left glasses of it in the cabin for us. They don't have any wine in the mini fridges either and that's what I drink. I guess Italians don't really fancy mini bottles of wine! Again, not a problem, my husband would go get me some if I'd retired for the evening.

I would think if it were available in the lounge they would stock the fridge with it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Rum is not available in the mini-bars sailing the US. It is absolute, JW red, and Gin. I'm a rum drinker too. I settled for absolute. Unfortunately, our butler wasn't as good as others have stated. Our room was not made up twice daily and he didn't leave extra absolute upon request. As mentioned, no big deal, we were close to top sail.

We've sailed on the Divina twice in the YC. Below is a photo of our mini-bar from May 2016 on embarkation day. We asked for extra bottled water and diet Coke and they kept them all stocked the entire cruise.

IMG_2483_zpsedy6iaps.jpg