Price Change question

kcgirl

Hi I booked our first Celebrity Cruise for Jan 2018 about 2 weeks ago. Got a very nice price for a balcony and a $300 credit with drink package. Have told another couple as they are interested too, but now the price has doubled and no credit or drink package with balcony. . I understand prices change but wow it went up so much so fast considering this is not until Jan 2018. Just wondering if Celebrity pro's can tell me if this is common or maybe I just happened to choose a popular cruise. I have never seen increases jump so high so far out on my other cruises?

It seems that all verandas and aqua class cabins and almost all Suites are sold out. So that would cause the prices to jump on the remaining cabins. That may change around October as final payment comes due.

Summitt in the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan Jan 13 2018

Would you consider going a week later?

There are currently huge price differences between the Jan 13 and the Jan 20 cruises.

A large group may have recently booked the Jan 13 cruise -- just a guess.

Edited by varoo

Would you consider going a week later?

There are currently huge price differences between the Jan 13 and the Jan 20 cruises.

No perks on the 1/20 cruise. I guess it's considered a repo since it begins in San Juan and ends in Fort Lauderdale. It's been fairly cheap for several months.

We booked a few weeks ago for January 20th. Out of Miami. eastern on equinox. perks are available and the only sold out cabins so far seem to be Oceanview. We upgraded to aquaclass as at the time it was only an extra $25 per person above the veranda. First cruise so not sure if Aqua will be our thing.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for input. We chose for the fantastic itinerary so we will stick with what we have and feel sorry that our friends cannot join us but will keep watching to see if the deal we got comes back.

• 2 months later...

Hello again. thanks for input on this but something odd must be going on with the Celebrity Summit for Jan 13. I keep checking to see if another good deal will pop up for my friends to go to but now a Balcony is over $6,000 yes I said $6,000 for this same cruise. What in the world could be going on? I cannot imagine paying that much for a 7 day Caribbean cruise? Its almost like they DONT WANT to sell any more on this ship. I am kind of worried it will turn into a Charter and we will be kicked off close to the sail date which would be a bummer. I guess time will tell.

Hello again. thanks for input on this but something odd must be going on with the Celebrity Summit for Jan 13. I keep checking to see if another good deal will pop up for my friends to go to but now a Balcony is over $6,000 yes I said $6,000 for this same cruise. What in the world could be going on? I cannot imagine paying that much for a 7 day Caribbean cruise? Its almost like they DONT WANT to sell any more on this ship. I am kind of worried it will turn into a Charter and we will be kicked off close to the sail date which would be a bummer. I guess time will tell.

Although a big online TA shows some availability for balconies, Celebrity's website currently shows only inside and suites available!

I believe that is a suite that is $6000.00

I would check some of the big online TA sites. Many of those sponsor the Cruise Critic weekly emails. Sometimes they have inventory available and often the prices are lower than those shown in X website and the perks are greater. Even more so if you check during one of their sales. The previous poster who mentioned the possibility of a large group may be onto something though. There has also been speculation on another thread that the Summit may be one of 2 X ships possibly for sale. 2018 is also when Edge launches, so there may be some truth to the selling of some M-class ships.

Edited by Luvcrusn