Solstice Aqua class Blu and MDR?

merinski

We have been offered a good deal to get and Aqua class stateroom on the Solstice. We have never done Aqua before .

We have been looking for info on being able to eat in both the MDR & BLU. We are not sure if we will like the food as well in BLU. Does anyone know if we can do both and how we can do this?

Thank you,

Yes, you can eat in the MDR if you are Aquaclass. We sailed on the Reflection last December and wanted to try the MDR one night and just went to the matre d' and they sat us within five minutes.

Thank you, that sounds good. So did your TA book you as select dinning?

Thank you, that sounds good. So did your TA book you as select dinning?

Your reservation will say Early or Late Seating, Blu. However that is just a computer default. Blu has no early or late, you go when you want to go. If you want to eat in the MDR let the Blu maître d know your intention.

Your reservation will say Early or Late Seating, Blu. However that is just a computer default. Blu has no early or late, you go when you want to go. If you want to eat in the MDR let the Blu maître d know your intention.

Do you mean to tell the maitre d if you are not going at all to Blu or each time you are not going to be there? We just wanted the options to go to either.

Do you mean to tell the maitre d if you are not going at all to Blu or each time you are not going to be there? We just wanted the options to go to either.

No need to tell them if you aren't going, however he would have to organise the MDR.

If you go to a speciality restaurant or the buffet, you don't need to tell them in Blu that you won't be there.

We're in aqua class on solstice coming up June 9. We plan to use blu for breakfast and the MDR for dinners. We like to get to know the people at our MDR table throughout a cruise so we had our TA book us in at 6pm but now I'm wondering if that's just a default booking for blu in the system as someone said above. Maybe I'll call my TA and have him check with celebrity...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are in Aqua Class you do not have a table assignment in the main dining room. Your dining assignment is Blu.

If you want to change to a permanent assignment at a fixed time and table in the MDR, your travel agent can put in that request.

But as it is now, you do not have a MDR table.

We're in aqua class on solstice coming up June 9. We plan to use blu for breakfast and the MDR for dinners. We like to get to know the people at our MDR table throughout a cruise so we had our TA book us in at 6pm but now I'm wondering if that's just a default booking for blu in the system as someone said above. Maybe I'll call my TA and have him check with celebrity...

Our TA just told us that the 6pm is a default, it's really anytime dinning

I think our TA arranged for us to be in MDR for dinners but I'll call him and have him check with celebrity

We're now trying to decide whether to book the three speciality restaurants package or just wait for deals on board

yes, you can just go to either. You don't have to tell the matr'd. On Summit i was specifically told it was unnecessary.

Just show up when you want at the select dining entrance.

FYI - you can get the MDR menu in Blu. So no need to actually go to the MDR to get their food.

And you can join a larger table in BLU, same as MDR if that's the style you prefer to dine.

But the 6pm is the default on your documents for BLU, despite BLU being open seating. There's no way to select a MDR time if you're in Aqua Class - seeing as how it's the main perk of being in Aqua, they assume you won't downgrade your dining to MDR, so if you choose to do so, you're going to be in the open dining section of the dining room.

FYI - you can get the MDR menu in Blu. So no need to actually go to the MDR to get their food.

And you can join a larger table in BLU, same as MDR if that's the style you prefer to dine.

But the 6pm is the default on your documents for BLU, despite BLU being open seating. There's no way to select a MDR time if you're in Aqua Class - seeing as how it's the main perk of being in Aqua, they assume you won't downgrade your dining to MDR, so if you choose to do so, you're going to be in the open dining section of the dining room.

Actually they have been getting away from having the MDR menu in AQ so I would not count on that. The general consensus lately is they are not doing it.

oh, that's good to know, thanks - i personally didn't ever ask for anything off it as i found the BLU menus to be superior, but just recall having seen that mentioned on the boards as an option.

i can check in 2 weeks and report back for those interested ;)

MDR menu was not available to us in December on the Eclipse. Might be for you but don't count on it.

There were a few times that the Blu menu wasn't to our liking but we went anyway because the atmosphere is so nice. Not a fan of the MDR. And believe me, we didn't starve - lol

That's good if you can get the MDR menu in Blu too.

Thanks

MDR menu was not available to us in December on the Eclipse. Might be for you but don't count on it.

There were a few times that the Blu menu wasn't to our liking but we went anyway because the atmosphere is so nice. Not a fan of the MDR. And believe me, we didn't starve - lol

Yes I'm sure we won't starve! LOL

It does look like a really nice atmosphere.

We like to get a ceasar salad and prime rib...

Nor available to us, Infinity in January.

Agreed!

No, you may not order from the unique daily MDR menu in Blu.

However, you may order from the "Everyday Classics" menu that is offered in the MDR, Blu and Lunimae.

The choices are:

Starters: Cesar Salad, French Onion soup, shrimp cocktail, escargot

Entres: strip steak, grilled chicken, baked salmon

Desserts: chocolate fudge cake, NY cheesecake, crème brulee, ice cream (c/v/s)

They would occasionally make exceptions, but no more.

If you prefer the MDR selections, just go to the select dining entrance for dinner.

The only difference between select dining and a scheduled seating in the MDR are:

- you will not be seated at the same table or same section every night

- if you opt to sit with others, they will not be the same people as on another night

- you do not have to arrive at a set time, you can go whenever you wish. Although, if it is the height of the dinner hour, you way have to wait a little

Once again, you don't have to clear this with anyone or make arrangements in advance. You will not be turned away, nor will you be inconveniencing anyone or taking away someone else's seat.

No, you may not order from the unique daily MDR menu in Blu.

However, you may order from the "Everyday Classics" menu that is offered in the MDR, Blu and Lunimae.

The choices are:

Starters: Cesar Salad, French Onion soup, shrimp cocktail, escargot

Entres: strip steak, grilled chicken, baked salmon

Desserts: chocolate fudge cake, NY cheesecake, crème brulee, ice cream (c/v/s)

They would occasionally make exceptions, but no more.

If you prefer the MDR selections, just go to the select dining entrance for dinner.

The only difference between select dining and a scheduled seating in the MDR are:

- you will not be seated at the same table or same section every night

- if you opt to sit with others, they will not be the same people as on another night

- you do not have to arrive at a set time, you can go whenever you wish. Although, if it is the height of the dinner hour, you way have to wait a little

Once again, you don't have to clear this with anyone or make arrangements in advance. You will not be turned away, nor will you be inconveniencing anyone or taking away someone else's seat.

You got me at Chocolate Fudge Cake..LOL:D

• 2 weeks later...