Anybody else getting "Error 500"?

I was able to access the website OK this morning but now get "Error 500". The UK version of the site is fine but I cannot open either .com or .pt.

Is anyone else having this problem or do I need to look deeper? I'm having the same error on my desktop, laptop and two tablets.

I got an access denied as well. I have not been able to get rccl.com to work on 3 different computers, ipad, iphone, 3 different browsers including safari, chrome, explorer and firefox.

Cleaned out caches and cookies and even went to I

ncognito mode for a while which worked but not anymore.

I got a similar thing, something to do with cloudflare!

I just tried again using the cruise critic address and it let me in! Not sure what was up with it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm glad it's not just me.

Wallis, sorry if this is a dumb question, but what do you mean by, "the Cruise Critic address?"

Not having that particular problem now, but I've been getting the "On Vacation" message using Firefox now for about a month.

If you get that message for more than a couple of days you probably just need to clear your cookies/cache. Happens to me EVERY TIME.. I get the "on vacation" error once and then I can't get rid of it till I clear cookies/cache after they fix whatever the problem was that originally caused it.

No problems right for me.

:cool:

I noticed your location so used a VPN to access from there and now I can get RCCL.com. I still cannot access my own country version of Portugal though.

Time for bed now so I'll try again in the morning.

Thanks again folks.

If you get that message for more than a couple of days you probably just need to clear your cookies/cache. Happens to me EVERY TIME.. I get the "on vacation" error once and then I can't get rid of it till I clear cookies/cache after they fix whatever the problem was that originally caused it.

My cookies and cache clear automatically every time the browser exits.

Works fine until I try to get into cruise planner.

Internal Server Error - Read

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Reference #3.447f1cb8.1488857569.9e50273

At least some of you can access the website even if you cannot plan your next dream cruise!

I've tried everything I can think of this morning including clearing all caches and browsing data and even a reboot. Still, "Error 500" on royalcaribbean.pt, royalcaribbean.com and RCCL.com. I can get the UK, next door in Spain, further into Europe in Germany and even down under in Australia, but cannot get my own home site of Portugal, other than a copy cached by Google.

Then I got to wondering if this is a common problem with RCCL and the light bulb came on. I remembered all the problems last year with the Celebrity website and the fact that they are sister companies. Presumably they share the same lousy IT department.

If anyone from RCCL monitors this board, please get your websites sorted so that we can get on with planning our cruises. Unless you prefer us to spend our money on a different cruise line that is.

I can get home page, my cruises, destinations pages, etc fine but am now getting an "HTTP 500 error. It's not your fault, its ours" message every time I try to do a mock booking. So annoying with new deployment coming out.

I have also been having continual problems with the RCI website. Can access everything fine, except the booking pages. Cleared cookies and cache...worked for while, then problems again.

My cookies clear automatically, but the cache was at that time the problem.

Cache cleared again...still no luck.

I am on Google Chrome, so I tried EX. That worked for awhile, now problems with that one also.

No problems with any other website...so it must be the tech demons on RCI causing the problems for many of us. I guess they don't want us to book any cruises online. :evilsmile::mad:

I had this problem on Saturday morning when trying to book shore excursions. I don't normally try to use the website on the weekend, but there was a sale that ended Sunday night........ I got the Error 500 message, and couldn't get around it. I tried again in the afternoon and all was well. I am using Firefox. I did wonder if my adblocker program might be the cause.

I am getting so frustrated with the RCI website!!!!! :mad:

Any time I try to search a ship and sail date I get the blank page!!!

I've tried EX and Chrome, and on occasion Chrome works, but very spotty.

I wonder if they even know how much $$ they are losing by not allowing their customers to navigate and utilize their own website for bookings?

I am getting so frustrated with the RCI website!!!!! :mad:

Any time I try to search a ship and sail date I get the blank page!!!

I've tried EX and Chrome, and on occasion Chrome works, but very spotty.

I wonder if they even know how much $$ they are losing by not allowing their customers to navigate and utilize their own website for bookings?

Try Firefox if you haven't already.

Guess what. Access to my home page in Portugal returned this afternoon but when I try to search for a cruise I get, "Page under construction." Seriously? A school kid could make a better job of constructing a website, but this is supposed to be a multi-million dollar, multi-national company.

Frustration and unbelievable don't begin to cover my feelings at the moment.