Annoyed by Anytime Dining taking reservations and wait times once seated

ChiBearsSuperFan

LuLu,

I totally agree with you!!

Tony

Just curious, why not?

Princess describes ATD as being like going to a nice restaurant at home. I don't know about where you live and eat, but in my area, we make reservations if we are going to a nice restaurant.

Just curious, why not?

Princess describes ATD as being like going to a nice restaurant at home. I don't know about where you live and eat, but in my area, we make reservations if we are going to a nice restaurant.

Agree 100%. Plain and simple, waiting in a line is the single most inefficient use of time that one can engage in. Because of this, the ship allows you to reserve a table at certain times. They don't want you waiting in line. It keeps you from spending money in other venues and it creates a mob atmosphere where people complain and kvetch. Next time you wait in one of those lines, compare the number of negative comments you hear about how long and slow moving the line is to the comments you hear from people who are loving their time in line. Waiting in a line is a negative experience and Princess is giving you an "out". Why not take it?

There is simply no logic that anyone can apply to the situation to effectively argue that the first person to be seated should be the first people to arrive at the door (30 minutes before the restaurant opens) as opposed to the first person to pick up the phone and call for a reservation (ten hours before the restaurant opens). One is a physical line. The other is a virtual line. But they are both lines and there is no reason to favor only one. Seems to me that many people believe that the "suffering" that one endures while waiting in line entitles them to better treatment than the people who took the path of less resistance and made a phone call. That is just nuts. The argument seems to be: "I took an hour out of my day to stand in a static line waiting to get in to the restaurant so I should have priority over everyone who picked up the phone this morning." Why? Sure, Traditional Dining is one way to avoid waiting in line. But it is only one way. There are other ways. This is why Princess hands out tickets for tendering. So you can reserve your place in line virtually, without actually standing in a line. They could just as easily hand out numbered tickets for dinner. Stop by the MDR at any time during the day and pull a numbered ticket like you are at the deli. But then the staff would have to shout out: "Now serving #376!" Yes, that would work. So does the system of having reservation agent answering the phone taking reservations. Odd how people see no issue with reservations at the Specialty Restaurants but get all huffy about it at the MDRs. A restaurant is a restaurant.