Princess Hotels in LA?

Thanks Kamloops.

That won't work well for an early arrival a few days ahead.

Ruth

If want to tour LA for a few days . Check out hotels in Santa Monica or similar areas , closer to most of the LA attractions.

Keep in mind the LA is a very big city with attractions spread all over.

Princess doesn't use any hotels in San Pedro. The only one I know of is the LAX Marriott. One thing that might work for you is that if you're staying for a few days, you can rent a Hertz car at the airport and return it at the hotel which is convenient.

I live in LA and strongly suggest you stay near the attractions such as Santa Monica/ Venice Beach or West Los Angeles/ Hollywood to really get a feel for LA or stay in Long Beach near "The Pike" or "Queen Mary". Both LAX and San Pedro are industrial areas, highly congested with traffic and absolutely nothing to see or experience.

For more info look on the West Coast Departure and California Coastal boards.

Yes thanks, I have been there, but my initial investigation was to determine whether or not we'd take the easy route and stick with a Princess hotel and transfer.

And thanks to the advice rec'd this won't be an option for us.

Ruth

Our October 2016 Mexican Riviera cruise from we stayed in Long Beach Hyatt through Princess and it was a really nice hotel. Walk to the beach was nice and a nice area with shops and restaurants across the street. If they have that one I would stay there, it was perfect!

Let me know if you have any other questions on it!

Our October 2016 Mexican Riviera cruise from we stayed in Long Beach Hyatt through Princess and it was a really nice hotel. Walk to the beach was nice and a nice area with shops and restaurants across the street. If they have that one I would stay there, it was perfect!

Let me know if you have any other questions on it!

Long Beach Hyatt is used if the Marriot doesn't have enough rooms for that day. Hyatt is used as an overflow hotel if two or more ships are in port at the same time . There has been as many as four ships in port for a turn around at the same time.

LAX isn't convenient for tourists. Good if arriving late/leaving early. Traffic is always an issue around LAX. Except for the hotel there is nothing around. Thankfully many (not all) of the strip joints are gone.

Are you aware that the Hotel Queen Mary exists not far from the cruise port. If you are interested in ships and history like that it is well worth staying on. I will certainly be visiting it again next time I cruise out of or into LA.

LAX isn't convenient for tourists. Good if arriving late/leaving early. Traffic is always an issue around LAX. Except for the hotel there is nothing around. Thankfully many (not all) of the strip joints are gone.

I didn't see any of those, but thanks for mentioning;)

Do not see it mentioned but 45 or so minutes east of San Pedro/Long Beach is the Anaheim, Buena Park area with many hotels. Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm,

Both good visits.

Because we are only overnight. We prefer San Pedro it reminds me of small towns from the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our last cruise out of LA we stayed in San Pedro for two nights and quite enjoyed it. We happened to be there for Presidents' Day and quite enjoyed a special visit to USS Iowa and the party at the dock.

But we feel we've done San Pedro and plan to go three or four days early next.

Long Beach Hyatt is used if the Marriot doesn't have enough rooms for that day. Hyatt is used as an overflow hotel if two or more ships are in port at the same time . There has been as many as four ships in port for a turn around at the same time.

You can book the Hyatt Regency Long Beach through Princess (along with Marriott LAX). It is not just an overflow hotel. Both hotels are listed as options.