Age Range

thendriks

Hi All

Curious minds want to know!

We are booked on the Star June 2017 from Venice. We are curious about what the age range might be. We have only taken one cruise before (different cruise line) and it was unique in the fact that we boarded the ship in the middle of a 7 day cruise so we saw two waves of people. The majority boarded in San Juan and about 200 of us boarded in Barbados. (I completely recommend this too for a number of reasons) The first half was an older crowd and the cruise was super quiet with zero night life past 9 pm. When we got to San Juan we stayed on the ship and a new wave of people boarded. The age dropped about 20 years more families etc The balance of the trip was like night and day.

It doesn't matter to us either way it was just a noticeable difference. So we wondered what the age range might be on a European cruise.

Hi All

Curious minds want to know!

We are booked on the Star June 2017 from Venice. We are curious about what the age range might be. We have only taken one cruise before (different cruise line) and it was unique in the fact that we boarded the ship in the middle of a 7 day cruise so we saw two waves of people. The majority boarded in San Juan and about 200 of us boarded in Barbados. (I completely recommend this too for a number of reasons) The first half was an older crowd and the cruise was super quiet with zero night life past 9 pm. When we got to San Juan we stayed on the ship and a new wave of people boarded. The age dropped about 20 years more families etc The balance of the trip was like night and day. It doesn't matter to us either way it was just a noticeable difference. So we wondered what the age range might be on a European cruise.

Average age about 55.

@BirdTravels

There are always those damn outliers to mess up the averages like DW and me at 82 and 83. We'll be on the Getaway 14-day TransAtlantic. No night life for us. We each bring our iPad mini with a bunch of rented movies and enjoy them in our cabin - with a glass of sherry. I'm sure there will be a few wild nights when we stay up beyond 9 pm. :)

Happy cruising to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

Hi, this is totally unrelated to your thread. R told me that you will be going on one of his excursion tours, but not to Montenegro. Would you be interested in joining my husband and I on a tour, recommended by R (he is using the same tour company): http://www.monttravelers.com/en/tours/39-short-day-tour-4-hours-from-33

As you can see, we get a big break if there are 4 of us. I feel that Montenegro is not a DIY kind of place. If you are interested, please reply here and I will give you my email address. If not, thanks for reading, and looking forward to meeting you.

Hi, this is totally unrelated to your thread. R told me that you will be going on one of his excursion tours, but not to Montenegro. Would you be interested in joining my husband and I on a tour, recommended by R (he is using the same tour company): http://www.monttravelers.com/en/tours/39-short-day-tour-4-hours-from-33

As you can see, we get a big break if there are 4 of us. I feel that Montenegro is not a DIY kind of place. If you are interested, please reply here and I will give you my email address. If not, thanks for reading, and looking forward to meeting you.

Have you posted on the roll call for your sailing? You're more likely to find someone to share a tour on your roll call as it's made up of the CC members who are on your sailing. That's the best place to post something like this rather than hijacking another thread. :D Good luck!

On my Med cruise in 2015, which was a 12 night cruise, I also expected an older crowd given the length, but was surprised that it was a younger crowd than I expected. I'd say the vast majority of passengers were 25-55, with the largest group being 35-45. Lots of young families and honeymooners. Dh and I were 38 and 40 at the time and fit right in. Your chosen cruise line also influences the age demographic. We were on NCL, which attracts younger people/families. I would expect that Princess, HAL, and perhaps Celebrity attract an older crowd. Despite that, I'm hoping to try Celebrity and Princess next.

we did the Baltics last May. it was the deadest ship after 9pm that i ever experienced with NCL. It was the first run of the season, tho, and that sailing is very port intensive. i was actually happy to go to bed adn not feel like i was missing out!

the runner up was the Sun in Alaska this past September. Very few children or young people. but it was shoulder season and the one way sailing.

It depends on where in europe you cruise and at what time of the year. If it is holidays season and there is no school due to vacations then you will have alot more younger people and families on board.Also on the baltic cruises the average age is usually much higher then on the med cruises.

In June most european countries do not have vactions(start in July and go up to September),so you might have more old people(50+) on your cruise.

@BirdTravels

There are always those damn outliers to mess up the averages like DW and me at 82 and 83. We'll be on the Getaway 14-day TransAtlantic. No night life for us. We each bring our iPad mini with a bunch of rented movies and enjoy them in our cabin - with a glass of sherry. I'm sure there will be a few wild nights when we stay up beyond 9 pm. :)

Happy cruising to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Jay, don't know if you remember us or not, but we were on the Jewel cruise with you sailing from Dover. And yes, like you, we bring that average age up: We both just turned 80: 9pm is about our limit anymore, but depending on the ship, it seems there are always those who are up until the bars all close. In fact some of them are going to bed about the time we are getting up.

Nita

ps: one of the best cruises we have taken was that Jewel cruise. Our next, 9 days on the Pearl in Nov.