Half Moon Cay accessibility

auntjoy036

Hi. I know several of you HAL regulars have compromised mobility. My Mom is joining me on a Eurodam cruise that stops at Half Moon Cay. Mom can walk short distances, but not too far. All we will want to do is relax in loungers under a clamshell. Will Mom have to walk the whole distance from the dock to the loungers? Is there a tram or golf cart shuttle that would get her part of the way? If we had a wheelchair, how close to the clamshells does the sidewalk/boardwalk end?

Thanks for your help.

Vicki

I would suggest using a wheelchair , the pathway is paved from the tender landing thru the central plaza and across the roadway.

I would you take a clamshell as close to the water sports rental desk as possible.

You should be able to wheel her across the deck there and access a small set of stairs to the clamshell.

Have a great cruise [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 5 weeks later...

I saw lots of folks with mobility issues.

The tenders are Island based, not lifeboats. You'll walk on and off more easily.

If you're on wheels then you'll be on the paths. I think they also have puffy tire chairs for rolling on the sand.

You will need your own wheel chair -- ship will not supply one for getting on and off the ship.

There are no golf carts or shuttles to get onto the beach.

It is a bit of a walk just to get to the water sports rental desk.

Two of the 3 island tenders are easy to use. The smaller one requires that you go up and down steps to get to the various level to get on and off the tender at the shore. The larger tenders have a ramp.

Check if more than one HAL ship will be at HMC. If so your ship may be required to use ship tenders rather than the easier accessed island tenders. Been there twice and could not go to the island because island tenders were assigned to the other HAL ship in port.

They should have 'sand chairs" to take you to the beach. Once there, you will not have use of them, but it will get you there! You mom might be better off staying on the ship and using the virtually empty pool that day!