Is CC feeding your addiction to cruising?

I only come to Cruise Critic when we have a cruise planned. We also don't cruise for the sake of cruising. We think of where we want to go and then see what fits best into that area of the world: land based or cruise.

I plan all of our trips and DH is happy to pay and go along with my plans. I knew that for next year I wanted to go back to Italy and see Greece. It would be a fun and educational trip for our son. I've been waiting for RCL to release the schedule to book it at the best price. While I am waiting to book that one somehow I ended up booking the Symphony (in addition). Two cruises in what trip, what!!! 😆 If it wasn't for CC I would not have thought of it and gave into the new ship madness, but I did and look what I created!

Are you finding yourself doing the same thing? After next year I should stay away for a while, you people are dangerous. LOL

If anything, CC makes me think twice.. To many people complaining about stuff all the time. I'd rather stay home than meet one of them on a cruise.

Enjoy Symphony! I bet it will be a nice one. Harmony was a beautiful ship.

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A3003 via Tapatalk

I do come to Cruise Critic when I have a cruise coming up. It helps me get tips plus it builds my excitement. But yeah, if I read posts when we didn't have one booked, I'd probably end up booking one quickly, lol. Cruising fever. Happy sailings! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I definitely book more cruises because I come here (I too booked Symphony yesterday). Cruising isn't even my favorite form of vacation, but it does meet my occasional need to just relax and do very little.

Cruise Critic is dangerous!

I was looking at Symphony Western Med, but I will not usually do the newest and greatest, just to say I sailed on it. Don't get me wrong, I would love to but the cost plus air fare to Europe.. I just can't see it. :cool:

Yep, I love cruising the CC site almost as much as cruising. Part of the fun/challenge is discerning the real and fake news postings. I've learned quite a bit from reading reviews, ROFL on some posts and others, are you kidding me??!! :D

No, CC doesn't do that to me.

But I cruise differently than you, too. I barely consider myself to have visited a country that was a port stop. If I visit Europe I fly there and stay there and rent a car and get deep into a country or two. A port doesn't do that for me. A cruise is a cruise and flying somewhere and staying for a week or two is visiting the country.

I've been to Sint Maarten three times now on a cruise (one of those times we also hit St Martin) and feel that I've seen a bit of it. So maybe that counts as a country (or two) that I've visited. For instance. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

CC is methodone for cruising. It doesn't give you the high, but it certainly alleviates the craving a little, but only a little. Nothing like the real thing.

Also, I enjoy trying to be a positive voice on cruise critic. There's too much negativity here sometimes. I skim reviews and try to pick out the important parts and phase out the "this is the worse thing ever and it ruined my life" kind of thing.

I love cruising and I try to go once a year or so. I also read CC a lot. What I find though is that too many people take the "critic" part of Cruise Critic very seriously. If I wasn't a happy cruiser, I would think that the Royal Caribbean website sucks, the ship's food sucks, the ship's staff is rude and unhelpful, the ships are old and rusty and I might wonder why would anyone want to go on a cruise? ...and don't forget the hard mattresses or even the soft mattresses. Then there are the chair hogs, crime in the ports and really important stuff like I didn't get the mint on my pillow. Cruising is fun! Lots of people do it! There must be something good about it!

CC is methodone for cruising. It doesn't give you the high, but it certainly alleviates the craving a little, but only a little. Nothing like the real thing.

Also, I enjoy trying to be a positive voice on cruise critic. There's too much negativity here sometimes. I skim reviews and try to pick out the important parts and phase out the "this is the worse thing ever and it ruined my life" kind of thing.

I couldn't have said it better! (both paragraphs)

While planning our HOS trip (booked a year in advance), I COMPLETELY became addicted to CC, and look forward to stopping by each day :) And, I agree... it's made me crave/miss cruising even more!!

I think my favorite part about CC is that it helps me research the ports so easily :) With CC, I've made MUCH better decisions on hotels that we pre-stay at. It's also helped us to feel confident in booking independent excursions, or deciding to just walk to a nearby beach.

I don't plan to cruise till 2018 (eagerly waiting for the June 2018 out of Galveston release). My last cruise was in 2015. Yet I come here almost daily - multiple times a day. I love this place!

I also love the methadone analogy. That sums it up perfectly.

CC keeps me in the know as far as cruising goes, since I don't get to do it as often. So yeah, it's totally feeding my addiction.

Still wish I could find someone who could get me more of those "I *heart* Cruising" flip flops I saw on FOS. I could kick myself for not buying more of those. I smile every time I look at them!