Captain's Circle Question

GRAYTech

We have 14 cruise credits. Looking at the website it says Elite status "starts with your 16th cruise".

If we book a full suite (2 credits) does that mean our next cruise we would be elite or do we have to complete that cruise for it to counted.

To the best of my knowledge, Princess sees this next cruise as your 15th and you will sail on that cruise at that level. At the end of the cruise you will be credited with cruises 15 and 16. So the cruise after this you will be at the new Circle level.

We have 14 cruise credits. Looking at the website it says Elite status "starts with your 16th cruise".

If we book a full suite (2 credits) does that mean our next cruise we would be elite or do we have to complete that cruise for it to counted.

Probably only if you book B2B cruises then you would move up in the middle.

You could always book a one or three day repositioning cruise if you want to be Elite on your longer cruise. But if you are going to be in a suite you already have the two big benefits of Elite (minibar and laundry). Most of the short cruises are around Vancouver in September.

You are correct, Elite doesn't mean much if you book a full suite. Looking at options and was wondering when the Elite kicks in. Sounds like a B2B, short cruise or even a short cruise followed by a longer cruise would work if my wife and I want to get away without the kids with us in a mini suite.

Really like the Vista Suite but it's too much $$$ if it's just the two of us when a mini or balcony would be just fine. Having the Elite perks would sweeten the lower cost cabin options.

This is a bit OT but is there any way to get the Sabatinis breakfast and ordering room service from the MDR other than being in a full suite ? Those are two things we would miss not being in a full suite.

This is a bit OT but is there any way to get the Sabatinis breakfast and ordering room service from the MDR other than being in a full suite ? Those are two things we would miss not being in a full suite.

No.

Some have reported that they got breakfast in Sabatini's for their 50th cruise.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipBenefits.page

Look a little closer at the Captain's Circle benefit page and you will see

* Members are eligible for a higher tier on the next cruise following completion of necessary cruises and/or days. Land portion of cruisetour does not apply.

thus you have answered your own question.

You have to complete first your next cruise before you become Elite.

We were in a very similar position of being within a few nights of making Elite on the basis of nights cruised but with only 12 cruise credits and were in a full suite.

Being booked in a suite, we weren't at all concerned about Elite status as it offers very little benefit to a suite passenger other than a second mini-bar set up and 10% off purchases.

When we arrived at check-in, we were most surprised to be given a letter advising us that our progress to Elite had been 'accelerated'.

This was apparently done by crediting us a phantom cruise of just a few nights which took us exactly 150 days and 13 cruise credits and this phantom cruise still shows on our cruise history.

In fact it was no big deal either way as, apart from the additional mini-bar set up, the only noticeable difference was that we had a black card which meant that they did not have to supply us with 'suite passenger priority tender passes' and we concluded that, as we were so close to Elite, it was simply easier to give us a black card (we would have been Elite at the end of the cruise anyway) than to keep issuing us with priority tendering tickets.

Whether or not you get a similar deal, may well depend on how close you are to 150 nights, but as I say, as you are in a suite, it really makes very little difference other than the fact that having a black card does stop the occasional arrogant Elite passenger from trying to claim priority and push past you at the Elite / Suite reception desk.

Enjoy your suite and don't worry about your Elite status though if you do get accelerated to Elite, make sure that you write Suite at the top of any laundry ticket otherwise you may only get the Elite (next day) service not the Suite (same day) service.

Edited by Corfe Mixture
Correction to number of cruise credits. Original version suggested we would have had qualified on basis of both nights and cruise credits.

We were in a very similar position of being within a few nights of making Elite on the basis of nights cruised but with only 12 cruise credits and were in a full suite.

Being booked in a suite, we weren't at all concerned about Elite status as it offers very little benefit to a suite passenger other than a second mini-bar set up and 10% off purchases.

When we arrived at check-in, we were most surprised to be given a letter advising us that our progress to Elite had been 'accelerated'.

This was apparently done by crediting us a phantom cruise of just a few nights which took us exactly 150 days and 13 cruise credits and this phantom cruise still shows on our cruise history.

In fact it was no big deal either way as, apart from the additional mini-bar set up, the only noticeable difference was that we had a black card which meant that they did not have to supply us with 'suite passenger priority tender passes' and we concluded that, as we were so close to Elite, it was simply easier to give us a black card (we would have been Elite at the end of the cruise anyway) than to keep issuing us with priority tendering tickets.

Whether or not you get a similar deal, may well depend on how close you are to 150 nights, but as I say, as you are in a suite, it really makes very little difference other than the fact that having a black card does stop the occasional arrogant Elite passenger from trying to claim priority and push past you at the Elite / Suite reception desk.

Enjoy your suite and don't worry about your Elite status though if you do get accelerated to Elite, make sure that you write Suite at the top of any laundry ticket otherwise you may only get the Elite (next day) service not the Suite (same day) service.

Hi CM bet you did not expect me over here. :)

We are on Crown in a couple of month. And yes we will have 'this black card people keep talking about.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi CM bet you did not expect me over here. :)

We are on Crown in a couple of month. And yes we will have 'this black card people keep talking about.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Dai,

Actually I did see you over here a couple of months back and realised that you had either already booked or were looking at booking with Princess. In fact, I sort of had it in my mind that you had already cruised at least once with Princess.

Kindest

G