Is this new to the OLife Program

pinotlover

Thank you everyone for offering excellent advice.

Hawaiidan, by taking the liquor package, am I able to upgrade to the full package pre-cruise through my TA? Or once on board?

edit: I just found an old post by you Hawaiidan... is this still true? SO can't upgrade OLife select drink package pre-cruise? I assume easy enough to do onbaord at guest services... 12 day cruise, $40 per person = $960... like you say waaaay better than the $600obc

Not Hawaiidan but the answer is you can only purchase the upgrade once on board. You do this at Reception

Hi Everyone:

My opinion on the latest O-Life is my opinion ONLY!

I believe that the owners are slowly moving Oceania towards a more "all-inclusive" cruise line. Over the past year, Oceania has made Internet access included for everyone and I believe that within the next year or less, you will see "wine and beer" included for all passengers when dinning for lunch and dinner. I do agree with this direction as most of the higher end exclusive cruise lines have moved in this direction. If you want more "alcohol" included, you will be able to upgrade for a per person fee or as Oceania allows, bring a few bottles of liquor with you for cocktails in your room and and pay a la carte when you want another drink.

Anyway, We have travelled extensively in the world and do NOT want to be nickeled and dimed when travelling.

Let's see what happens over the next 12 months.

Only my opinion!:D

Hi Everyone:

I believe that the owners are slowly moving Oceania towards a more "all-inclusive" cruise line. Over the past year, Oceania has made Internet access included for everyone and I believe that within the next year or less, you will see "wine and beer" included for all passengers when dinning for lunch and dinner. I do agree with this direction as most of the higher end exclusive cruise lines have moved in this direction. If you want more "alcohol" included, you will be able to upgrade for a per person fee or as Oceania allows, bring a few bottles of liquor with you for cocktails in your room and and pay a la carte when you want another drink.

Anyway, We have travelled extensively in the world and do NOT want to be nickeled and dimed when travelling.

We shall see on 4/1/17

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Everyone:

I happen to disagree. While it is true that O has "included" more things lately than before, you still have choices of what you want to pay for and what you don't want to pay for. There are plenty of "luxury" lines that are all inclusive; what makes O more unique is that you have choices and I think they'll be wise to keep that. Otherwise they become one of many rather than one of few.

I appreciate that I don't have to pay for things I do not want/need/use - like air, full excursions and alcohol. We all know that things are not free - they are only included and why should some pay for things that only others use?

You don't want to be nickeled and dimmed - I don't want to pay for things I don't want (hence I tend to avoid all inclusive lines except for itineraries) :)

• Tahiti airfare is astronomical! Like Hawaiidan says above, I cannot match the "value" or credit provided by the Olife offer by finding airfare on my own. I'm guessing other parts of the world is a different story.

The only times we used Oceania air is for Polynesia and Australia. We took the deviation and it was still cheaper than we could do on our own. We came in early and departed later using the deviation option. Oceania often uses a charter for Tahiti if you chose not to deviate.

• Please someone correct me if I'm wrong... the full liquor package is $60 per person, so for two over 12 days = $1440. Can any of you give me a rough idea of various cocktail prices? Can you order wine (by glass or bottles) for dinner under this package? I just cannot fathom spending $1440 for booze if I don't do the package.

Wine is very expensive in this area and to purchase it on the ground is not cheap. Their local beer is good and you can bring spirits on board to drink in your cabin. You can also bring your own bottle to the dining venues for a corkage fee of $25. If you do enjoy drinking (especially higher end wines and spirits) than this is one area of the world where it may pay off to get a package.

• Olife excursions... are they of value? I've learned private small group excursions (especially Europe, Oz, etc) are very much better than any cruise line excursion for the most part.

We took private tours both times. The Olife tours are larger groups. The only place you may need an Oceania tour is Nuka Hiva where there is no other show in town. Go on your roll call and see if you can join others on a private tour for a fraction of the cost.

• Last question... not that I'm going to do this, however am I able to book unlimited specialty dining for all 12 nights? Is there a maximum number of bookings I'm allowed on-line pre-cruise?

Someone else answered this question. Depends on the ship and cabin category. You can always try to get extras.

Hi Everyone:

I think that this will be a good thing for Oceania, Helps to move them up to a little higher class which is the direction I think they are trying to go. :):):)

I happen to disagree. While it is true that O has "included" more things lately than before, you still have choices of what you want to pay for and what you don't want to pay for. There are plenty of "luxury" lines that are all inclusive; what makes O more unique is that you have choices and I think they'll be wise to keep that. Otherwise they become one of many rather than one of few.

I appreciate that I don't have to pay for things I do not want/need/use - like air, full excursions and alcohol. We all know that things are not free - they are only included and why should some pay for things that only others use?

You don't want to be nickeled and dimmed - I don't want to pay for things I don't want (hence I tend to avoid all inclusive lines except for itineraries) :)

As usual the Paul's agree. What sense would making it inclusive be. Then you would have zero brand distinction from Regent. I think FDR's mid level for O is right with Regent in the inclusive and an NCL in the value parts of the market.

I just booked two cruises but about to consolidate those two into one longer voyage. I'm delighted to hear about what "used to be" but I really only care about what is "now." And that "now" seemed pretty straightforward and anything that wasn't very easily became clearer with a simple phone call. I'm sorry some people are "confused" and I wonder bottom line if it really boils down to "their money." Enjoy the cocktail party.

As usual the Paul's agree. What sense would making it inclusive be. Then you would have zero brand distinction from Regent. I think FDR's mid level for O is right with Regent in the inclusive and an NCL in the value parts of the market.

150% correct....( maybe even 200%) in the "NCL family, " you have 3 tiers, entry basic economy nickel and dime...NCL upscale ala carte ....Oceaina, and total luxury all inclusive Regent. The business model is you introduce a passenger to cursing on an economy cruise. As that Passenger matures in his taste and refines his wants...there is Oceania. Then when the passenger wants a higher level of cruise experience there is Regent. To replicate or offer features contained in a higher tier of cruising would totally negate any incentive to upgrade........

No way is O going to change from their position by going in either direction up or down...bad business.