Anthem of the Seas - March 12 - 19, 2017

Love your review.

We are also interested in the % of people that get dressed up for the format nights, as we are sailing on April 2nd too.

We like to get dressed for the format nights and my DH normally takes his kilt. We are unsure whether to take our formal attire as not a lot of posts talk about the formal nights for Anthem since dynamic dinning is no more.

Looking forward to reading more about your cruise.

Love your review.

We are also interested in the % of people that get dressed up for the format nights, as we are sailing on April 2nd too.

We like to get dressed for the format nights and my DH normally takes his kilt. We are unsure whether to take our formal attire as not a lot of posts talk about the formal nights for Anthem since dynamic dinning is no more.

Looking forward to reading more about your cruise.

Can you comment on how people were dressed for formal night on day 2? What percentage dressed up vs. nice dress vs. casual. Thanx!

Thank you for taking the time to post while on the ship - appreciated and happy, happy anniversary.

We sail same itinerary on April 2 !!!!

A good percentage of people were dressed for formal night more on the second formal night of the cruise. There was a range from not dressed at all to formal dresses & tuxedos.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Day 3 - Port Canaveral, FL

We ate breakfast in Windjammer. We managed to find a table pretty quickly. The selection was your standard breakast fare - pancakes, waffles, sausage, eggs, fruit, cereal, baked beans, etc.

After breakfast, the ship was just about to pull into port. We were able to find some chairs onbthe pool deck (Deck 14) by the window.

DH & I were off the ship by 12:45 p.m. Don't forget to take your Sea Pass card & photo ID. You can't use your Wow band to get off the ship. DH & I purchasedate Wow bands the evening of Day 2 since we are use to MagicBands at WDW. The Wowbands are similar. You can use them the same as your Sea Pass card except for the disembarkation/embarkation process.

We didn't have any plans of going to the theme parks. We planned on family coming to the port to meet us which they did. We had lunch at Fishlips. Lunch was very good. I really enjoyed the sweet potato fries.

After eating & catching up, we were back onboard the ship. Since the Bionic Bar was open, DH decided to get himself a Long Island Ice Tea. To order your drink, you touch your Wowband or Sea pass card to the tablet & place your drink order. It was neat watching the arms move, however, the delivery system could be smoother. Almost half the drink spilled out of the cup when making its way down towards the purchaser.

Tonight, we had reservations for "The Gift" before My Time dinner. The set design for the show was topnotch. The performers were wonderful. The storyline ... That's where the show lost both DH & I. We know the gist of what the show was about. This show would definitely not be on our must do list.

We did not have reservations for My Time dining, but, there wasn't a wait by the time we arrived. Service tonight was lacking. We had to ask for butter several times, it took a while for our server to come over to us, and our water glasses were not refilled until dessert. The food, however, was good.

After dinner, we headed over to the Love & Marriage Game Show. When we arrived at the Royal Theater, one game bingo was about to begin. I think the single cash prize was $300.

Once bingo was over, the game show started. Of course, since we were celebrating our anniversary, I wanted to get on the show. DH did not, so, we say off to the side several rows back.

Kevin, the Activities Manager, picked the contestants. Couple #1 were the newlyweds who were married on the ship the day before. Couple #3 were the longest married couple who were willing to participate. There was a couple who have been married for 61 years. They declined to participate. The couple who participated were married for 57 years. For both couples, their family/friends were there yelling for them to participate. For the second couple, Kevin picked 3 couples who were married for 15 - 25 years. Though we didn't have any family sailing with us, we were one of the three selected & after competing to get on stage, we became couple #2!

The game show was a lot of fun. The newlyweds won & received some nice his & her watches. We received a gift pack with Royal Caribbean logo products.

e64fe4b9be28e90fe8b1c2aa10ac50e1.jpg

After the game show, we headed back to the room stopping pass Sorento's & Cafe Promenade to refill our drink cups at the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines & get some pizza & snacks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Wow! Congratulations on being selected for the marriage game on your anniversary trip – how special is that?! I hope as a participant they give you a copy of the DVD.

Looks like you're having a wonderful trip.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the daily compass and the menus every day, it's very helpful to all of us future cruisers. DH and I sale on the same itinerary April 2.

It's my third cruise and DH second.

RCCL Allure of Seas inaugural sale Dec 2010

NCL Breakaway Sept 2014

Great review! How was the beef bourginon?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We didn't go to the MDR night 3, I didn't realize the watermelon and feta salad was on that menu too. That was really good. Were the donuts any good?

We were on this sailing last week and the Beef Bourginon was good. The donuts were AMAZING! :hearteyes:

We were on this sailing last week and the Beef Bourginon was good. The donuts were AMAZING! [emoji813]eyes:

For me it is the beef tenderloin. Second prime rib in dinning room. Really good and thankfully not over cooked[emoji2].

Were are the good donuts at the cafe? I know the donuts on Adventure in the cafe seemed average. I know 1 morning I spotted some on Brilliance in WJ. One of the serving mgr's was cute. He must of seen the Patriots layard, and said we had them flow in special this am[emoji14]. He must realized I had some Dunkin separation. You got some DD vanilla iced to go with them[emoji12]?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Easy question from me. We were on the Grandeur in October and the Freestyle machines kept running out. Was that an anomaly, did you run into issues getting drinks?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same issue on Majesty, half out, one not even working. No one is really in full time charge of looking after them although maybe on the bigger classes they may actually assign a sole to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Wow! Congratulations on being selected for the marriage game on your anniversary trip – how special is that?! I hope as a participant they give you a copy of the DVD.

Looks like you're having a wonderful trip.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the daily compass and the menus every day, it's very helpful to all of us future cruisers. DH and I sale on the same itinerary April 2.

It's my third cruise and DH second.

RCCL Allure of Seas inaugural sale Dec 2010

NCL Breakaway Sept 2014

Thank you! They gave us a video of the show on a USB drive. I hope you had a wonderful sailing!