Room Service Fee?

jules815

My daughter is looking at possibly booking a cruise for 2018. They'd be in a standard balcony or ocean view. She just asked me if room service is complimentary for all categories on Celebrity, and I honestly don't know. Is there a fee?

(My only cruise with X so far was in a Sky Suite, and I don't think we were ever charged. On my most recent cruise, which was a Grand Suite on a new RC ship, we were definitely charged for some menu items.)

My daughter is looking at possibly booking a cruise for 2018. They'd be in a standard balcony or ocean view. She just asked me if room service is complimentary for all categories on Celebrity, and I honestly don't know. Is there a fee?

(My only cruise with X so far was in a Sky Suite, and I don't think we were ever charged. On my most recent cruise, which was a Grand Suite on a new RC ship, we were definitely charged for some menu items.)

During certain hours in the middle of the night there is a fee. There are also some items that have a charge.

Also, during the regular dining room hours you can have lunch or dinner delivered to your room off the Main Dining room menu free of charge. This is available in all cabin categories.

I didn't know this was available for all categories. That's nice.

Is tipping expected or is it included in the normal tips?

I tip depending on who brings it, if it's my regular steward, I may throw him/her more at the end of the week. If someone else, I would tip on the spot. I believe however that I read something that room service now brings your food, not your Steward.

During the "behind the scenes tour" our kitchen guide stated that there is a designated area for all "room service" including designated servers. I assume this applies to non-suite only as our butler always delivered food to our suite.

This was on the Equinox that returned yesterday.