Questions about the sky

victory2020

Hi All,

Haven't been on NCL or Sky for 16 years. I'll be going to Cuba in an inside room. Are there any better decks? Looking at 8, 9 or 10. Any really bad rooms? it appears that there are 2 different size rooms - is this correct? Is there a steam room in the gym area?

Are there any hotels that have shuttle service to/from port or airport? How much time to allow to get to the airport? I'm looking at 12:45 flight out of Miami, is that do-able?

Victory 2020,

There are some hotels from downtown Miami that have shuttles, but hotels are quite expensive. Uber fare to port is only about $12 and only 10-15 minutes from downtown. Airport is a bit more, but cheaper rooms there and 20 min.

If you carry bags off yourself, you can get to airport easily by 10:30am as it is only 20 minutes. There are some shuttles, but cab or Uber probably under $25.

Hi All,

Haven't been on NCL or Sky for 16 years. I'll be going to Cuba in an inside room. Are there any better decks? Looking at 8, 9 or 10. Any really bad rooms? it appears that there are 2 different size rooms - is this correct? Is there a steam room in the gym area?

Are there any hotels that have shuttle service to/from port or airport? How much time to allow to get to the airport? I'm looking at 12:45 flight out of Miami, is that do-able?

LIke others have said take Uber to the port. Last time we stayed in south beach and the cost to uber was very reasonable.

I think there is a sauna in the spa area but not much else. Its very small. I have stayed in an oceanview room (OJ) on 5 and an inside on 9 (ID). We are staying on 9 again this time in an inside (IB). I think 8 would be fine too. I wouldn't do 10 bc the pool deck is right above and the garden cafe/buffet. Sky isn't a big ship but we love her.

Which week are you on? We are going may 8th to cuba.

I think I saw where Cuba trips were M - F. What does the Sky do Sat and Sun?

They Sky does 3-day and 4-day cruises every week (this is it's regular schedule) with an open bar for all passengers. The 3-day cruise goes to Great Stirrup Cay and Nassau. The 4-day goes to Great Stirrup Cay, Nassau, and Grand Bahama. Since getting authorization to sail to Cuba, a few of the 4-day cruises are going there.

The Sky has a small steamroom and sauna (free) in the men's and woman's locker rooms.

Just take a cab, if you don't want Uber...it's about the same price from the Miami hotels...and from the airport, it's about $25. Most hotels do NOT provide shuttles.

Or, you can buy a "transfer" from the cruise line....but it's more expensive than a cab.

Thanks for the input. I'll stay away from deck 10. I don't do Uber. Are there shuttles available?

There are shuttle services. As you get off the ship you an get a shuttle to the airport right there. You just walk up no reservations required. There are other shuttle services from hotels, check the florida departure boards, they are the experts and can tell you about specific hotels and shuttles.

We just used uber recently for the first time and really liked it. We ended up doing uber to the port and a taxi back (cell service was messed up from us turning everything off and couldn't get a signal), and our uber driver was polite, drove with reasonable care for safety, and the price was better than a cab. The cab charged more, driver ignored us, and drove recklessly. We will def be doing uber in the future [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi All,

Hi victory2020: We are staying in Miami 1 night before our Cuba cruise in May. We were recommended a couple of airport hotels by posters on the Miami forum. We booked 1 that offers a package that includes airport xfers to hotel, shuttle to port and 1 night hotel, includes breakfast and wifi, for less than $129. It is a 20 minute shuttle ride to port, with 2 scheduled options. We're hoping it works as planned. You would still need xfer FROM port to airport, as you probably wouldn't have time to go back to hotel for their free shuttle back:-( (we plan on using Uber or cab back from port, $23-26). Good luck.

They Sky does 3-day and 4-day cruises every week (this is it's regular schedule) with an open bar for all passengers. The 3-day cruise goes to Great Stirrup Cay and Nassau. The 4-day goes to Great Stirrup Cay, Nassau, and Grand Bahama. This is no longer the case. Please update your information to your clients. Since getting authorization to sail to Cuba, a few [ ALL ] of the 4-day cruises are going there.

The Sky has a small steamroom and sauna (free) in the men's and woman's locker rooms.

If you take a look at the revised sailing schedule for The Norwegian Sky on the NCL website, you will see that ALL 4 night Mon-Fri Norwegian SKY sailings from May through December 2018 are sailing to Cuba. Take your pick. The Sky is the place for All-You-Can-Drink Cuba Tropicana Party Babeeee!

Hi victory2020: We are staying in Miami 1 night before our Cuba cruise in May. We were recommended a couple of airport hotels by posters on the Miami forum. We booked 1 that offers a package that includes airport xfers to hotel, shuttle to port and 1 night hotel, includes breakfast and wifi, for less than $129. It is a 20 minute shuttle ride to port, with 2 scheduled options. We're hoping it works as planned. You would still need xfer FROM port to airport, as you probably wouldn't have time to go back to hotel for their free shuttle back:-( (we plan on using Uber or cab back from port, $23-26). Good luck.

Wow, that's a great deal. I'll go to the Miami forum. If shuttles are available at pier I'll plan on that back.

Thanks. I can't seem to find posts referring to such hotel. Are you allowed to tell the name on this forum?