number of formal or chic nights

aburnett

On a 15 night cruise, would there be 3 dressy nights (2 Chic and 1 Formal)?

Evening Chic has replaced Formal. Check out Celebrity's website that defines Evening Chic. We did a 14 night Caribbean Cruise on the Eclipse April 2016. We had two Evening Chic nights. I've also recently read on this forum some posting they had 3 Evening Chic nights on 14 night cruises. This is what Celebrity has posted on their website. "All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise". We packed and would pack according to that guideline.

Edited by davekathy

• 6 months later...
Evening Chic has replaced Formal. Check out Celebrity's website that defines Evening Chic. We did a 14 night Caribbean Cruise on the Eclipse April 2016. We had two Evening Chic nights. I've also recently read on this forum some posting they had 3 Evening Chic nights on 14 night cruises. This is what Celebrity has posted on their website. "All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise". We packed and would pack according to that guideline.

Just arrived back from our first 11 night Celebrity cruise. I read the guidelines and took 2 posher outfits. To my horror there were 3 evening chic nights!

Anyone else found this. Going again in December for 12 nights and don't know what to take now.

Thanks

Just arrived back from our first 11 night Celebrity cruise. I read the guidelines and took 2 posher outfits. To my horror there were 3 evening chic nights!

Anyone else found this. Going again in December for 12 nights and don't know what to take now.

Thanks

Yes, we had three chic nights on our 11 night cruise too. Our cruise was from Southampton...We have found the evening chic dress to be a bit more dressy on our two cruises from Southampton. Perhaps the Captain responds to what he feels guests might enjoy. On our 11 night plus cruises in the Caribbean and world wide just the two chic nights apart from our longer 17 night TP cruise when there were 3 chic nights I think.

I honestly wouldn't worry about using one of your "posh frocks" twice! No one would notice! I cheat by having two floaty skirts and two "posh tops" giving me four possible combinations! Add a different bit of bling and you will be fine!

Edited by chemmo

On a 15 night cruise, would there be 3 dressy nights (2 Chic and 1 Formal)?

I'm sure there will be 3 Chic nights. Celebrity do not do formal nights anymore only Chic & Smart/Casual.

We have just had 3 chic nights. on an 11 night cruise on Eclipse.

Enjoy the crossing.

Marion. :D

Thanks

Knock me over with a feather. Celebrity's website incorrect! Say it's not so. Bummer. Like you and many others that's how we also pack based on what the cruise lines publish online or in their brochures. Unfortunately calling Celebrity won't even get you the correct info you are seeking.:mad: On our last cruise we elected to do casual or as Celebrity calls it smart casual each evening in the MDR (Select Dining).

Edited by davekathy

Knock me over with a feather. Celebrity's website incorrect! Say it's not so. Bummer. Like you and many others that's how we also pack based on what the cruise lines publish online or in their brochures. Unfortunately calling Celebrity won't even get you the correct info you are seeking.:mad: On our last cruise we elected to do casual or as Celebrity calls it smart casual each evening in the MDR (Select Dining).

Don't believe this is a web site problem, but a disconnect between the ships and the front office. It's happened before where the ships went rogue. A couple of years ago some of the ships were making people wear formal clothes to the Specialty restaurants when all info you read before you cruise said it was not necessary.

Just returned from Equinox 2 days ago, 11 night southern Caribbean. Had 2 chic nights. Probably depends on the amount of sea days and how the sea days are broken up.

We had 2 sea days together early in cruise and 2 sea days late in cruise, again together.

And if a sole on a cruise said something about a repeat outfit, they are not a person I would care about in the least. A man can wear a nice pair of pants more than one time, so can we. And even if we wear the same top, just so long as it is clean you are perfectly fine.

Don't believe this is a web site problem, but a disconnect between the ships and the front office. It's happened before where the ships went rogue. A couple of years ago some of the ships were making people wear formal clothes to the Specialty restaurants when all info you read before you cruise said it was not necessary.

Agree and not surprised. We are doing a B2B on the Equinox in March so maybe I should send the Hotel Director a copy of Celebrity's published dress guidelines so he can advise his staff of the number of evening chic for each sailing. :D:rolleyes:

Agree and not surprised. We are doing a B2B on the Equinox in March so maybe I should send the Hotel Director a copy of Celebrity's published dress guidelines so he can advise his staff of the number of evening chic for each sailing. :D:rolleyes:

Don't know how many days your cruise is but we just did 10 day on Equinox and there were only 2