Big N. E. snow storm

Shipbound

If it were me and pretty much knew my flight was going to be cancelled, i'd pack the car and head south while I still could. If your flight is cancelled they refund. if you don't make the ship, bye bye money you spent on it. unless you have travel insurance. I like to fly down a day early just because of what if flight is delayed or weather reasons.

Get in the car NOW and drive. Don't forget a snow shovel and a bag of sand or kitty litter for traction. Just saying. Call in sick to work if you have to. A closed airport for one day alone will put them wayyyy behind in finding you a new flight......if and when.

This will be a HUGE thread by the week-end.

This is going to a block buster who knows how long fights will be cancelled Tuesday and Wednesday maybe longer, expecting 12-18 inches along the 95 corridor Everybody affected by this monster, keep safe.

Gary

16-20 for my region

They had a scroll across the bottom of the Weather Channel yesterday that made sense. Before the storm hits, turn your refrigerators and freezers on high. Then if the power does go out, the food will last a little longer. Never thought of that before but it does make sense.

They had a scroll across the bottom of the Weather Channel yesterday that made sense. Before the storm hits, turn your refrigerators and freezers on high. Then if the power does go out, the food will last a little longer. Never thought of that before but it does make sense.

Correction...that should have said the coldest setting.

Also, when you leave for an extended period of time, place a frozen cup of water with a penny on it in your freezer. When you get back if the penny is on the bottom of the cup, you know your power went out long enough to cause issues with your food.

The problem flights being cancelled along the Eastern part of the U.S on Tuesday and maybe Wednesday there is a domino effect that may go into Thursday or Friday. Travel insurance is needed.

Gary

Too late for insurance now.

We need that snow back here in Denver. We haven't seen snow in weeks. Forecast says 70s and even a couple 80s for then 10 days. Mountains are getting snow but Denver is dry and needing the moisture. March is Denvers snowiest month even. I work for the highway dept. and we all were looking for a good month of plowing snow and getting snow plow pay rate so I can pay off my cruise. I miss my truck. Lol.

My truck

0828151143_zpsx4r4hoxj.jpg

We need that snow back here in Denver. We haven't seen snow in weeks. Forecast says 70s and even a couple 80s for then 10 days. Mountains are getting snow but Denver is dry and needing the moisture. March is Denvers snowiest month even. I work for the highway dept. and we all were looking for a good month of plowing snow and getting snow plow pay rate so I can pay off my cruise. I miss my truck. Lol.

My truck

Move here, and you will get to drive your truck plenty. We had about 24 inches of snow here in the Catskills in NY state!

My truck

That's too bad I would take 70 degrees in a heart beat. Here in Ct we had sleet and rain on top of 10 inches of snow well it all froze. It is a mess. Flights at Bradley airport are gradually re zooming but many are cancelled(outbound). You can have your snow.

Gary

This is going to a block buster who knows how long fights will be cancelled Tuesday and Wednesday maybe longer, expecting 12-18 inches along the 95 corridor Everybody affected by this monster, keep safe.

Gary

We got about 3 feet here in northern Vermont. Stay safe everyone!

Also, when you leave for an extended period of time, place a frozen cup of water with a penny on it in your freezer. When you get back if the penny is on the bottom of the cup, you know your power went out long enough to cause issues with your food.

I like this tip. I will use this when I travel. You can always tell the power went out by the blinking appliance clock but never know how long

My truck

Here's an article about what it's like to be a snow plow driver when there are 2 feet of snow.

http://www.recordonline.com/news/20170314/so-much-snow-that-even-plows-had-to-get-off-roads