coffee question

mikeap

Hello all,

Got kind of a silly question.

My wife and I will be sailing on the Valor next month, and i'm trying to figure out what to do about coffee. This will be her first cruise. On previous cruises, I just always got up and went to the buffet or wherever to get a cup of coffee. Previous wife wasn't a coffee drinker...so no issue. With current amazing wife, she/we like to lounge in bed and drink a cup or two. Sooo... If I get up and go get us a cup, it is kind of small. Can i take my own bigger cups or is that frowned upon? The other option is room service. How long does it take? If I order the night before, then we have to worry about what time they bring it.

I told you it was a silly question.

Any advice on a solution?

Java Mike

It's called Room Service. Just fill out the little menu the night before and place it on your cabin door.

Alternative: head for the coffee bar and get a large cup of Americano. Bring it back to the cabin for here. DW loves this:D They have milk and creamer there, if needed.

Hello all,

My wife and I will be sailing on the Valor next month, and i'm trying to figure out what to do about coffee. This will be her first cruise. On previous cruises, I just always got up and went to the buffet or wherever to get a cup of coffee. Previous wife wasn't a coffee drinker...so no issue. With current amazing wife, she/we like to lounge in bed and drink a cup or two. Sooo... If I get up and go get us a cup, it is kind of small. Can i take my own bigger cups or is that frowned upon? The other option is room service. How long does it take? If I order the night before, then we have to worry about what time they bring it.

Java Mike

Room service is the best!!! Mark what you want and a time you want it and they will be a knockin. We love it coffee ,bagel with cream cheese and orange marmalade and a bowl of cereal.Just be sure to tip a few bucks they aren't included in the auto grats

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Hello all,

Java Mike

Just order a couple of pots of coffee from room service when you wake up.

Thanks for all of the ideas.

Thought about room service...just wanted to wake up "naturally". Didn't want to set a predetermined time.

I know... Wah Wah!

As for taking our own cups... Figured they wouldn't like me using a cup that wasn't "clean". Good idea about pouring theirs into mine.

As for room service... Been on about 10 cruises and never used it. (i know... WTH right?) In y'alls experience... How long does it take on average for it to arrive if you call in the morning? We will be in an ocean suite. Does that help speed anything up?

Thanks again everyone!

I am also a big coffee drinker (and also on the Valor next month..lol).

I have never had a problem getting coffee.

I put an order out at night for room service and have it delivered in the morning.. on the order from I indicate coffee for 2 and I get a small carafe. I drink what I want and fill my 20 oz yeti.

In the buffet area I fill my yeti all day long. I have never had a problem.

I am not a coffee snob (although I prefer good coffee). I would say that I find it to be okay and it is never old or burnt.

They do have a premium coffee shop where you can purchase a "good" cup of coffee, but I am pretty satisfied with what they include in the complimentary beverages.

Disclaimer- I was in the Navy.. so, I have had some pretty bad coffee that makes most coffee taste great.. so don't hold me to it as others are not as happy :)

Have had the pleasure to enjoy:

Carnival Celebration 07

Carnival Victory 16

Carnival Valor 17

I am also a big coffee drinker (and also on the Valor next month..lol).

I have never had a problem getting coffee.

I put an order out at night for room service and have it delivered in the morning.. on the order from I indicate coffee for 2 and I get a small carafe. I drink what I want and fill my 20 oz yeti.

In the buffet area I fill my yeti all day long. I have never had a problem.

I am not a coffee snob (although I prefer good coffee). I would say that I find it to be okay and it is never old or burnt.

They do have a premium coffee shop where you can purchase a "good" cup of coffee, but I am pretty satisfied with what they include in the complimentary beverages.

Disclaimer- I was in the Navy.. so, I have had some pretty bad coffee that makes most coffee taste great.. so don't hold me to it as others are not as happy :)

Have had the pleasure to enjoy:

Carnival Celebration 07

Carnival Victory 16

Carnival Valor 17

Thank you Sir!!!!

We found that room service - on the Sunshine at least - was better than the coffee in the Lido.

We like to order coffee and juice to drink while we get ready in the morning even if we plan to go to breakfast elsewhere.

With the room service you can choose 30 minute windows of time for your delivery on the tag you put on the door the night before or whoever wakes up first calls room service in the morning :hot-beverage::hot-beverage:

Having drank a ton of equally bad Army coffee, I can relate. My favorite threads are the ones where people get upset at how "bad" the coffee is on the ships. All I can think is they've never had to drink the battery acid that most vets had to put up with... and that's stateside coffee :D

since I don't think you got an answer to your question about time if you don't pre order. It takes anywhere from 5 -20 minutes. Ordering at a busy breakfast time might delay your delivery. We ordered a 12 pack of water from room service in the afternoon and got it in less than 5 mintues

The room service coffee is good. We always "pre-order" with the slip on the door. THey are usually pretty close to the time window that you select. Also the coffee in the coffee bar (it's named different on each ship) is really really good. (not free though)

EDIT: keep in mind you can order multiple pots through room service. My wife and I usually order 1 pot each. Sometimes they aren't completely full.