Room Service ?

divaofdisney

Forgive me for asking a rather stupid question but being new to Celebrity was just wondering if room service is included or is there a fee and if so how much is it? thanks in advance.
Additionally, there is no charge to order lunch or dinner from the main dining room menu and have the meal delivered to your stateroom.

One of our favorite things about cruising is getting to enjoy those private dinners out on our balcony in peace and quiet away from the crowds, watching the constantly changing scenery while we sail along. We have seen some of the best sunsets that way; sometimes rainbows and wildlife too.

The regular room service menu is posted on the interactive TV screen in your stateroom, but you need to request the main dining room menus.

If you are in a suite, your butler takes care of the entire meal for you from beginning to end.

If you don't have a butler, just ask your stateroom attendant for a copy of the main dining room menu for that day and mark the items you want, indicating how many of each.

One of the tips for non-suite (no butler) passengers that we picked up long ago is to clear off the coffee table and move it over close to the balcony door.

The meal is delivered in covered dishes on large trays.

If you ask the delivery person to leave everything on the coffee table right by the balcony door, that makes it very convenient to carry each dish out to the balcony table as you are ready for it,

and then to bring the dirty dishes back inside and leave them on the coffee table as you finish each course.

The extra charge items are marked on all menus, so you don't get surprised by any unexpected charges.

You question is a very sensible one, not stupid at all.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise and enjoy Celebrity as much as we do.

Edited by varoo

Forgive me for asking a rather stupid question but being new to Celebrity was just wondering if room service is included or is there a fee and if so how much is it? thanks in advance.

Not a stupid question at all! We don't use room service often but find it useful port mornings for coffee and croissants.

In addition to room service no one stops you from taking food out of the buffet area either to return to your room with.

We frequently at lunch collect a mixed salad of our own making and a few bits and pieces to enjoy on the balcony.....Also late evening if peckish it can be nice to finish by collecting pizza to take back to your room rather than waiting for it to be delivered.

Enjoy!

Additionally, there is no charge to order lunch or dinner from the main dining room menu and have the meal delivered to your stateroom.

The regular room service menu is posted on the interactive TV screen in your stateroom, but you need to request the main dining room menus.

If you don't have a butler, just ask your stateroom attendant for a copy of the main dining room menu for that day and mark the items you want, indicating how many of each.

I was under the impression that , if not in a suite, we needed to physically go down to the MDR to view the menu.

Just curious if asking the room steward to deliver the menu is common. :confused:

Edited by chamima

I was under the impression that , if not in a suite, we needed to physically go down to the MDR to view the menu.

Just curious if asking the room steward to deliver the menu is common. :confused:

I asked on a couple of cruises but the menu was always delivered so late in the evening that it wasn't any use to me. So I've started taking my phone over to the dining room each afternoon and taking a photo of the evening's menu which is posted there, and then calling and placing my room service order from that if I decide to do room service that evening.

There appears to be an announcement from RCI (discussed on that forum) that a $7.95 charge will apply to room service orders other than continental breakfast. Not sure if it will come to Celebrity as well. One issue, aside from that cost, is that this will increase the crowds at the buffets.

Like many things in the travel industry...one starts it, a couple more join in, and then eventually most follow along (think "resort fees")....RCL:

Beginning on sailings after March 27, 2017, Royal Caribbean will be charging a $7.95 fee for the All Day Menu and the American Section of the breakfast menu. Continental breakfast options will remain complimentary. The $7.95 fee will not apply to guests staying in a Grand Suite. Royal Caribbean confirmed the new fee on Twitter.

Royal Caribbean is joins Carnival Cruise Line and Norwegian Cruise Line in charging a nominal fee for select items for room service. On Carnival, items are priced al a carte and range from a side of fries for $1.50 to wings and a Philly Cheesesteak for $5.00.

Royal Caribbean’s pricing will be similar to Norwegian’s, a $7.95 charge per order for an enhanced room service menu.

We generally order room service on port mornings, if we have an early tour planned. This works well and we'll tip $2.00 for coffee, juice and croissants...$4-5 for full breakfast on sea days. Room service is such an amazing luxury on sea days :-)

Enjoy your cruise and do order in!!!