Princess Cruises Announces Multi-Million Dollar Caribbean Princess Renovation

caribill

Other changes coming to the CB (with details for most yet to be announced):

Scoops becoming "Coffee and Cones" (this has been described on another ship on another thread)

Prego Pizzeria becoming "Slices"

Trident Grill becoming "Salty Dog Grill"

Blackbeard's Bar becoming "The Mix"

"Planks" BBQ

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/cb-caribbean-princess/drydock-2017/?cid=brand_email_promo_internal_drydock_other_pf7ms033_170325_caribbeanprincess

Thanks...wonder if Salty Dog Grill & Planks will have "Nominal a la carte pricing applies"??

That happened on the Sapphire when the Trident Grill became the Lobster Grill.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Add World Fresh Market Place. Have no idea what this is.

Not only that but what are the other new eating venues? :confused:

The Caribbean goes into drydock tomorrow & is sailing with these new options in a couple of weeks but Princess has no information about them in their press release nor on their website. I'd like to know if these are free like Alfredo's Pizzeria or have a nominal price like some other dining options.

As long as were speculating. How about the Steamers and Planks taking each side of the Cafe Caribe permanently. Say they divide Cafe Caribe in half and decorate appropriately. Then at night they are real restaurants and by day they are buffet/Cafe Caribe seating.

As long as were speculating. How about the Steamers and Planks taking each side of the Cafe Caribe permanently. Say they divide Cafe Caribe in half and decorate appropriately. Then at night they are real restaurants and by day they are buffet/Cafe Caribe seating.

Just off the Caribbean Princess and was able to speak to restaurant management about some of the new and upcoming renovations.

The entire Horizon Court and Cafe Carib are being gutted. Cafe Carib will become two for pay restaurants..breakfast..lunch..and dinner.

The Horizon Court buffet is going to be redesigned to accommodate more people for eating. A totally new food station and new sitting area. All small wall partitions will be gone as well as bulky chairs and tables. They need to put all of us people who will not pay extra for breakfast somewhere.

Sabatini's will be updated but still an Italian restaurant..not sure if they are taking away part of The Wheelhouse for an extended Sabatini's .

Part of the Island Dining Room (window area on the starboard side) will be for the Club Class. Feels like they are going back to First class, Second class and Steerage...

A lot of new carpeting in public places..giving the old girl @ 13, a "face lift".

What is desperately needed is plumbing renovation. Cabin toilets that don't flush or constantly flush and overflow, shower water issues (no cold water for two days..or no hot water for two days). Since I am cruising the Caribbean again I asked about the plumbing and was told there was already 45 plumbers on board. I met two who fixed the pipes (in the ceiling) outside my cabin.

The air conditioning on the ship worked great in all public areas and I can say my room was delightfully cool at night.

Had a great cruise and excited to see all the changes next year...also hoping no one pays for breakfast, and lunch at the two new restaurants and Princess re thinks charging.

Add World Fresh Market Place. Have no idea what this is.

The "Horizon Court" on the Majestic is called the World Fresh Market Place, so this must be an updated name for the buffet.

Just off the Caribbean Princess and was able to speak to restaurant management about some of the new and upcoming renovations.

The entire Horizon Court and Cafe Carib are being gutted. Cafe Carib will become two for pay restaurants..breakfast..lunch..and dinner.

The Horizon Court buffet is going to be redesigned to accommodate more people for eating. A totally new food station and new sitting area. All small wall partitions will be gone as well as bulky chairs and tables. They need to put all of us people who will not pay extra for breakfast somewhere.

Sabatini's will be updated but still an Italian restaurant..not sure if they are taking away part of The Wheelhouse for an extended Sabatini's .

Part of the Island Dining Room (window area on the starboard side) will be for the Club Class. Feels like they are going back to First class, Second class and Steerage...

A lot of new carpeting in public places..giving the old girl @ 13, a "face lift".

What is desperately needed is plumbing renovation. Cabin toilets that don't flush or constantly flush and overflow, shower water issues (no cold water for two days..or no hot water for two days). Since I am cruising the Caribbean again I asked about the plumbing and was told there was already 45 plumbers on board. I met two who fixed the pipes (in the ceiling) outside my cabin.

The air conditioning on the ship worked great in all public areas and I can say my room was delightfully cool at night.

Had a great cruise and excited to see all the changes next year...also hoping no one pays for breakfast, and lunch at the two new restaurants and Princess re thinks charging.

Hmmm... I would think that breakfast and lunch would be complimentary with dinner at a "nominal" charge.