bed by the window/bathroom question on Edge

joeinsb

When we have sailed on the Solstice class ships, we have always booked Aqua Class and much prefer to have the bed by the bathroom and the couch by the window. We knew how to pick those cabins on the Solstice class ships, but for Edge, in honor of our 50th wedding anniversary, we are booking a Sky Suite 2 on Deck 10, and we're really operating in the dark since so little is known about the stateroom configurations. Because we are doing back-to-back cruises (we're flying in from the West Coast and didn't want to travel all that way for a one-week cruise), we had trouble getting the same suite for both weeks. We finally got one, but no one can tell us where the bed is located in the Sky Suite we booked.

For those guests who have sailed in the Sky Suites on the Solstice class ships, does the bed's location in the those suites move from the bathroom to the window in alternating staterooms or is the bed in the Sky Suites always by the bathroom? I realize that just because it's one way on the Solstice class doesn't mean it will be that way on Edge, but I would still would like to know what the bed situation is in the Sky Suites on the Solstice ships. Thanks for your help.

We were disappointed to discover that our AQ stateroom has the bed by the glass doors. Too late to change, believe it or not. Hope it will work out being close to the bi-fold doors. But we ate still excited that we will be on Edge.

When we have sailed on the Solstice class ships, we have always booked Aqua Class and much prefer to have the bed by the bathroom and the couch by the window. We knew how to pick those cabins on the Solstice class ships, but for Edge, in honor of our 50th wedding anniversary, we are booking a Sky Suite 2 on Deck 10, and we're really operating in the dark since so little is known about the stateroom configurations. Because we are doing back-to-back cruises (we're flying in from the West Coast and didn't want to travel all that way for a one-week cruise), we had trouble getting the same suite for both weeks. We finally got one, but no one can tell us where the bed is located in the Sky Suite we booked.

For those guests who have sailed in the Sky Suites on the Solstice class ships, does the bed's location in the those suites move from the bathroom to the window in alternating staterooms or is the bed in the Sky Suites always by the bathroom? I realize that just because it's one way on the Solstice class doesn't mean it will be that way on Edge, but I would still would like to know what the bed situation is in the Sky Suites on the Solstice ships. Thanks for your help.

On cruisedeckplans they have labeled the S1's, S2's and S3's in their photos:

S1 (looks like aft):

73-2.jpg

S2:

73-1.jpg

S3:

72-6.jpg

Obviously, things can change, but initial drawings show the bed by the bathroom facing the sea. I am hoping the S1s will have the beds facing the sea - I think it might make the stateroom feel bigger.

On cruisedeckplans they have labeled the S1's, S2's and S3's in their photos:

S1 (looks like aft):

73-2.jpg

S2:

73-1.jpg

S3:

72-6.jpg

Obviously, things can change, but initial drawings show the bed by the bathroom facing the sea. I am hoping the S1s will have the beds facing the sea - I think it might make the stateroom feel bigger.

Thank you, I hope it stays this way. We booked an S2 and I love the bed facing the sea since we never had a configuration like that. I do love the large balcony of the S1 though...I always booked the largest of the hump cabins on S class ships so I am actually used to a larger balcony. Not sure how the S2 balcony will compare. Obviously the size will be lengthwise, but I really enjoyed having one that was longer the other way.

There's quite some conflicting info floating around - which is to be expected at this early stage of the ship info being released - but for what it's worth, in this Seatrade interview with Richard Fain, they mention that ALL Sky Suites (there's 146 over all categories) will have the bed facing the ocean. Here is the relevant quote:

The 146 Sky Suites were redesigned with beds that face the balcony, and each has a rocking chair with plenty of fluffy pillows. Behind the bed, a panel to the bathroom can open (it's a mirror on the bathroom side) to give the bathroom a view of the sea, as well. The bath has an ample oval tub with shower.
Source: http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/celebrity-edge-dazzles-with-style-magic-carpet-infinite-veranda-rooms.html

I do hope that's the case, as we're booked in an S3 and very much prefer that stateroom set-up with the bed facing the balcony and sea. We were in a Sky Suite on the Millennium earlier this year with that configuration and it's is pretty awesome, much better than the conventional bed facing the wall!