Elite+ discount on free classic package upgrade?

Sussex Cruiser

We've got a free classic package as part of our booking, and just wondered if I can still use the Elite+ discount voucher for the upgrade to premium on the ship? Anyone had any experience of this?

Ooh, Ive never heard of this. Following.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

not sure what voucher you are talking about, but on our December cruise I upgraded at a bar on-board from the included classic package to the premium drink package and was charged $11.80 less a 10% discount...apparently because I am elite plus. I didn't ask for the discount, it just appeared on my on-board account as $10.62 a day. Not sure if this is how it's supposed to be done or just an, as should be expected, celebrity inconsistency.

Elite + also and we have never gotten a discount on the upgrade. I called the Captains Club to ask and was told that the discount only applies to the purchase of a beverage package not for upgrading.

Maybe one day we'll get lucky and get the discount :)

not sure what voucher you are talking about, but on our December cruise I upgraded at a bar on-board from the included classic package to the premium drink package and was charged $11.80 less a 10% discount...apparently because I am elite plus. I didn't ask for the discount, it just appeared on my on-board account as $10.62 a day. Not sure if this is how it's supposed to be done or just an, as should be expected, celebrity inconsistency.

Thank you so much. We did a b2b over Christmas and turned elite plus after the first leg. Although the hostess changed our cards and gave us the elite plus perks we didn't get the 10% discount when we upgraded our packages. So we will make sure it does next time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All CC benefits are now on the seapass card, no more coupons to keep track of. on our Feb cruise the discount was applied automatically...ie the upgrade was $10.62 per day. in the past I usually had a hassle getting the paper coupon applied to the upgrade.

All CC benefits are now on the seapass card, no more coupons to keep track of. on our Feb cruise the discount was applied automatically...ie the upgrade was $10.62 per day. in the past I usually had a hassle getting the paper coupon applied to the upgrade.

We are Elite+. We did a B2B the middle of December. We weren't offered the discount and I looked through all my unused paper coupons and there were none for a beverage package upgrade discount.

Elite + also and we have never gotten a discount on the upgrade. I called the Captains Club to ask and was told that the discount only applies to the purchase of a beverage package not for upgrading.

Maybe one day we'll get lucky and get the discount :)

I know I've seen fine print which supports that stance, but we were given a 10% Elite + discount to upgrade on our 2/20/17 Equinox cruise (after moving up from Elite at the end of the 1st leg of that B2B).

Charge slip reflected full price.

Our folio showed a charge which calculated out to $9 pp plus 18% gratuity times the number of days remaining on our sailing (10). Total was $212.40.

Both shoreside and MC concierge confirmed that the discount would automatically be deducted from our upgrade before charges posted to our acct. They were ultimately correct.

We first had to get the CC hostess to properly update our CC status to E+. It was not automatic, in spite of me proactively giving them a heads up.

I was very please to get the discount, even though it's a relatively small amount ($20 + gratuity = $23.60)

Jane

If you are going to upgrade, I suggest you just upgrade on-board without hassling or even asking the person who is doing the upgrade about whether or not you will get the discount.....then see what's posted to your bill. At that point...and only then...discuss (as in be very nice) with guest services or the captain's club person and ask...don't demand....if they can/will give you the discount. This isn't an entitlement (you won't find the 10% discount on the upgrade in any official celebrity document) and we're not talking about enough money to matter...so don't get bent out of shape if you don't get the $1.18 a day "discount".

If you think it's important enough to hassle someone about....you really need to think about life. I say this because I know there's someone out there reading this thread who will threaten their waiter/bartender/guest service rep or whoever that they are being persecuted.

Please keep things in perspective....

If you think it's important enough to hassle someone about....you really need to think about life.

Please don't judge people by your own standards. Not one person has mentioned causing issues over a few dollars!!

I was just asking a simple question as to whether we get it or not, nothing else. #veryrude