Clarification of bringing beverages onboard at embarkation

gigem_aggies

I just read the beverage policy and it says guests can bring a 12 pack of canned drinks per person on at embarkation. Does this include children? In other words, if I have my family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children), can I bring (5) 12 packs on board?

Yes, it is per passenger.

I am wondering. I am sailing solo but of course I am in a double occupancy room (that I had to pay the full single supplement for) I am wondering will they allow me to bring on two bottles of wine for my stateroom? I am guessing the answer is no but I guess the real question is how strictly is this going to be enforced (I am leaving out of miami).

now before all the holy rollers start foresaking for trying to bend the rules ( I have already purchased a cheers package so that is not the issue). I simply like to have my own wine on my balcony during my quiet moments out to sea. and buying another bottle of wine on board is criminal especially given the overhead that is charged.

I am wondering. I am sailing solo but of course I am in a double occupancy room (that I had to pay the full single supplement for) I am wondering will they allow me to bring on two bottles of wine for my stateroom? I am guessing the answer is no but I guess the real question is how strictly is this going to be enforced (I am leaving out of miami).

now before all the holy rollers start foresaking for trying to bend the rules ( I have already purchased a cheers package so that is not the issue). I simply like to have my own wine on my balcony during my quiet moments out to sea. and buying another bottle of wine on board is criminal especially given the overhead that is charged.

Sorry, but it's one 750 ml bottle per person over 21.

We just sailed on the Miracle on March 4 and brought 4 bottles of wine, (2 parents and 2 21 year olds) and 4 12 packs of soda. We did not need all of that soda, as we were able to pick up more in the ports - and we left a bunch behind rather than lug it off of the ship when we left. I hope that our cabin steward was able to take it down to the crew area where they could enjoy it.

As far as "checking" for the wine - all 4 bottles were in a cooler that one of us put on the conveyor belt. No one there knew who was traveling with whom, and one of us looks much younger than 21, so I sort of expected to be stopped and questioned. But we weren't. I am sure that we could have had someone else bring another 2 bottles and we would have been fine, but with 3 port days, we didn't even drink all 4 bottles.

It worked this way on a Princess cruise we took about 4 years ago too.

We didn't try to bring any prefilled water bottles on with us, but we did bring some reusable ones and had no trouble or hassles about them. We even had water in them when we boarded, expecting to be asked to empty them out, but we were not. We were also able to bring them off and on full and partly full when we came back on port days.

Find someone on the Roll Call that can bring a second bottle for you.

Find someone on the Roll Call that can bring a second bottle for you.

that is a great idea. however, my roll call is the definition of dead and thus I have not been able to make any connections that would be willing to do this for me.

If you don't mind the screeners taking the other bottle, you could try and take two with you, in your carry on.

I have a neoprene two bottle sleave that I pack my wine in, although DH is with me, he is inevitably back at the X-ray walk through machine having to take the things he forgot about out of his pockets, so he's there a while. :rolleyes:

The screeners have never said anything about the second bottle, so far.

I am wondering if the 12 pack of soda can be replaced with a 12 pack of juice (cans)? Are they picky about that? I have purchased Bottomless Bubbles for my kids but they do not drink soda yet and I'd like to bring juice that I am sure is healthier juice. Thx