Would you make a complaint?

RR61

I would complain. I did call several times on Spirit (2008) when cabin hasn't been made.

One thing I could never do in some reason was to lower gratuities.

Curious what you meant by this?

On our last cruise on Breakaway in a 2 bedroom Haven suite, there was the Concierge and his 2 assistants, plus the Butler. And then we had a room steward who also had 2 assistants. Together the 3 stewards would clean and make up the rooms. One would be vacuuming while the others cleaned and made up/turned down the rooms.

Not that it's ever happened, but if we found feces in our bathrooms on day 1 we would have picked up the phone and asked for a clean-up. What's to even contemplate? Obviously, s%#t happened. [emoji90]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I would have contacted the steward immediately...not cleaned it myself. How would they know of a problem if it is not reported. IF problem not rectified..then escalate to Head Housekeeper and /or Guest Services.

Actually it's not a joke. I was venting and clearly should have worded my title differently and should have just stated facts. But I asked for advice on something that seems like a no brainer-I get it. Yes, I see my room was unacceptable and should have been dealt with right away. Instead I tried to just clean it myself and move on but it bothered me enough that I put my thoughts down here.

Thank you for all the comments. I will talk to guest services.

Your way too late, if you "cleaned" the room yourself. Did you at least take photos? If not, how do you plan to prove your claim?

My guess is that the cabin wasn't ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure is possible, especially if this OP was one of the campers who have to be first on the ship, and go direct to their cabins, ready or not. :) Especially if the door was propped open, and they shut it. It could be a pure innocent overlook. The biggest error was not immediately finding the room steward/butler and getting the information direct. All could have been avoided, certainly it would have been taken care of. No way would any say- too bad. Just don't get the thinking or choices of this OP?

I have been on a few cruises and while have had a some minor glitches at times have never encountered a truly dirty cabin. In my head space if I had seen that my thought would have been for whatever reason this cabin was not "readied" yet for the next passenger. I feel confident in saying that it must be rush for the staff to be rushing for the next load of passenger and because we are all human......well stuff happens. I would have called for cabin cleaning......LOL ...now eww wouldn't have cleaned it myself. I doubt that I would have made this an issue and chalked it up to a mistake......we all make them.

I have been on a few cruises and while have had a some minor glitches at times have never encountered a truly dirty cabin. In my head space if I had seen that my thought would have been for whatever reason this cabin was not "readied" yet for the next passenger. I feel confident in saying that it must be rush for the staff to be rushing for the next load of passenger and because we are all human......well stuff happens. I would have called for cabin cleaning......LOL ...now eww wouldn't have cleaned it myself. I doubt that I would have made this an issue and chalked it up to a mistake......we all make them.

Darlene is so right.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Forums mobile app

We had a somewhat similar experience on our first cruise, in a Celebrity Concierge-class cabin. When we were settling in I went into the bathroom to check it out; it looked clean but smelled of urine. I immediately talked to the cabin steward and he came and cleaned it again, completely removing any hint of odor. It was a simple, easy solution to a less than ideal situation. No cleaning on my part (never, ever, would I do that!), no photographs, no escalation to higher-ups, no "complaining." So I am wondering why this solution would not work in any similar case. It makes no difference to me if someone has booked an inside cabin or the owner's suite -- a cabin cleaned to the passenger's satisfaction is part of the cruise fare.