SUN - Cabins 0021 & 0022

MellyMel612

We are on a Southbound Alaska cruise in June and 2 Port balconies just opened up (we currently have Starboard). I have found a couple reviews that say the cabins are quiet and they never heard anything and a couple that complain about the gym above.

Anyone with firsthand experience in that general area?

Thank you!

We are on a Southbound Alaska cruise in June and 2 Port balconies just opened up (we currently have Starboard). I have found a couple reviews that say the cabins are quiet and they never heard anything and a couple that complain about the gym above.

Anyone with firsthand experience in that general area?

Thank you!

Presume you mean 1021 and 1022? Best I can tell, they appear to be under the very back end of the fitness area, or maybe more under the sun deck area. However, I have not sailed on the Sun, so I'm only using the NCL deck plans to figure this out.

Our personal preference, as a general rule, is never to be under the fitness center. But as you mention, it's very subjective. Some people aren't bothered by it at all, others hate it. We just don't want to risk it.

You will be a couple three cabins back from the aerobics fitness areas*** under an open deck area.

*** believe these areas have limited hours of use closed after 10pm ?

Starboard side same missing the spas and steam rooms above by the same 3 cabins.

Only real issue would be the stage on the deck above with loud thumping music but not late at night -

exception sail-away night and 'White Night Out'

The Theatre is in the aft end of the ship and 3 decks below. The Observation Lounge usually has quieter fare

and two decks up and forward

As for viewing - you will be inside the inside passage and land views are equally on both sides of the ship.

Note: looking for high mountains on the east side of the inside passageway - miles out of view - mountains

on the starboard side (west) - just bumps on the horizon.

The pier berthing is variable by port so no advantage there - Ketchikan and Skagway favor port - Juneau

starboard - Icy Straight Point has a pier now so no tendering - Vancouver starboard side disembark usually.

As for the viewing the glaciers the ship will approach the glaciers and turn 360 degrees to afford a view for

everyone - prime is the observation deck forward and leaving the Great Outdoors aft. If doing the Tracy

Arm the ship goes up a narrow fjord and returns the same way - equal viewing. As for departure from Seward

have not been to that port - Readers any comments help here ?

Weather plays a big part in what can be seen - summer weather is generally more accommodating !

Presume you mean 1021 and 1022? Best I can tell, they appear to be under the very back end of the fitness area, or maybe more under the sun deck area. However, I have not sailed on the Sun, so I'm only using the NCL deck plans to figure this out.

Our personal preference, as a general rule, is never to be under the fitness center. But as you mention, it's very subjective. Some people aren't bothered by it at all, others hate it. We just don't want to risk it.

Unless they've changed it, the Sun rooms on 10 are like 0021 and 0022. We had a room on 10 and to log into your internet it was a bit goofy - it asked for room number and if you used 00xx it didn't work and I think you had to use 100xx in that case. But for all other purposes our room was 00xx.

You will be a couple three cabins back from the aerobics fitness areas*** under an open deck area.

*** believe these areas have limited hours of use closed after 10pm ?

Starboard side same missing the spas and steam rooms above by the same 3 cabins.

Only real issue would be the stage on the deck above with loud thumping music but not late at night -

exception sail-away night and 'White Night Out'

The Theatre is in the aft end of the ship and 3 decks below. The Observation Lounge usually has quieter fare

and two decks up and forward

As for viewing - you will be inside the inside passage and land views are equally on both sides of the ship.

Note: looking for high mountains on the east side of the inside passageway - miles out of view - mountains

on the starboard side (west) - just bumps on the horizon.

The pier berthing is variable by port so no advantage there - Ketchikan and Skagway favor port - Juneau

starboard - Icy Straight Point has a pier now so no tendering - Vancouver starboard side disembark usually.

As for the viewing the glaciers the ship will approach the glaciers and turn 360 degrees to afford a view for

everyone - prime is the observation deck forward and leaving the Great Outdoors aft. If doing the Tracy

Arm the ship goes up a narrow fjord and returns the same way - equal viewing. As for departure from Seward

have not been to that port - Readers any comments help here ?

Weather plays a big part in what can be seen - summer weather is generally more accommodating !

Thank you! Very helpful information!

Unless they've changed it, the Sun rooms on 10 are like 0021 and 0022. We had a room on 10 and to log into your internet it was a bit goofy - it asked for room number and if you used 00xx it didn't work and I think you had to use 100xx in that case. But for all other purposes our room was 00xx.

Yes, by the deck plans they are labeled 10021/22 but for booking and listed on our vacation summary it's 0021/22. They use such funky numbering.