Air conditioning in MDR on Carnival, too cold??

Tiffany_Zerbe

I always needed a sweater or another outer layer in the dining room. However neither my grown children nor my grandchildren felt it was too cool.

If you tend to get chilly before others do, take something with you the first night and then you'll be prepared either way.

Everyone is different. Some people like their house setting on 65 degrees in the winter, I personally like mine on 75. In the summer some people like their house to be 75, I like mine to be 65. I see people wearing a sweater/jacket out in public while I wear shorts/t-shirt. Personally I've never been cold in the MDR (or on the ship for that matter) but some do.

Freezing!! I always take a wrap of some sort into the MDR and actually most of the public spaces on the ships. It doesn't hurt to take something with you in case you get cold - better safe than frozen!

My mother always carries her shawl (on any cruise line) due to the temperature of the indoor air conditioning.

Me OTOH, could probably wear tank tops and short shorts and still be okay (but frankly - ain't nobody wants to see that :eek:)

I live in a colder weather climate and then after spending all day in the heat, I find the MDR to be a little chilly. I normally am not someone who complains of being cold, but I think that it has more to do with the contrast of temperatures (being outside in the heat all day vs. being in the air conditioning). I always take a light sweater for dinner.

Temperature is so subjective. For every cruise, I am always cold in the MDR and in most public areas on the ship. My wife thinks its comfortable, but then again, she goes all through our cold winters wearing what I call a spring jacket. It has been cold enough that our dinner mates have left early. Bring something to be safe.

We have been on many ships, a few different cruise lines and I have froze in every single MDR on all of the ships we have sailed in the last 15 years! Seems like a common denominator across the board when it comes to cruise ships. Always bring a sweater, shrug, shawl or scarf coverup to accommodate the AC in the MDR or you could be quite miserable during dinner.