Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

• 3 weeks later...

Did anny one noted the popolation of philipinos in the crew was like 95%. Any idea of why is that. Not that I care, just found it curious!!?!?

And by the way!!.....

WASHY WASHY!! Happy Happy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oops

Meant to say I Dod NOT like food in Manhattan

Served cold.

Ours was not only cold, but fish over cooked when ordered. No waiter to serve us anny drinks. If i decided to have a drink i needed to get up and go to the nearest bar and order one. Not the best of experience with the dinning on NCL. (It was my first NCL)

The local on point, we ended eating at least one meal in local always. Bartenders all over the ship on point!

• Like 1

Did anny one noted the popolation of philipinos in the crew was like 95%. Any idea of why is that. Not that I care, just found it curious!!?!?

And by the way!!.....

WASHY WASHY!! Happy Happy!!!

Hmmm, not sure why a cremember’s nationality matters.

As long as they speak English and provide good customer service we’re happy.

Actually one of our favorite cruise ship bands on NCL are Filipino... Prism.

Ours was not only cold, but fish over cooked when ordered. No waiter to serve us anny drinks. If i decided to have a drink i needed to get up and go to the nearest bar and order one. Not the best of experience with the dinning on NCL. (It was my first NCL)

The local on point, we ended eating at least one meal in local always. Bartenders all over the ship on point!

Sorry to hear that,

That’s really unfortunate about your food experience.

Ours was the exact opposite. We really enjoyed the Manhattan. Out waitstaff was super attentive and the food was served quickly and at the proper temperature. Never had issue with the drinks or refills. We mainly ordered wine or soft drinks. By chance were you ordering mixed drinks/liquors?

We did like the Local as well.

Cruise Lines (I'm thinking of NCL and Carnival in particular) use the services of overseas staffing agencies to fill their crew complement. These agencies recruit, train, and supply the workforce for the cruise lines, mostly those in the service positions we encounter most (waiters, kitchen staff and cabin stewards). and take a commission off the top from each employee's tips and salary. These crew members are not direct cruise line employees. They work for the agencies.

I get this information from a combination of reading these boards, as well as direct conversations with various cruise line employees I have talked to over the years. Understandably, the employees were very reluctant to discuss in detail their terms of employment, perhaps being told outright not to discuss.

Hi everyone. I am in a connecting balcony cabin for my upcoming cruise on the Bliss. I am concerned about noise coming from the neighboring cabin. Has anyone had any bad experiences?

Unlike having to listen to our neighbor’s exhuberant nighttime excursions on our most recent cruise on the MSC Seaside our Bliss balcony cabin was very quiet.

Hmmm, not sure why a cremember’s nationality matters.

As long as they speak English and provide good customer service we’re happy.

Actually one of our favorite cruise ship bands on NCL are Filipino... Prism.

And they all were absolutely amazing including our steward and butler!

Hi everyone. I am in a connecting balcony cabin for my upcoming cruise on the Bliss. I am concerned about noise coming from the neighboring cabin. Has anyone had any bad experiences?

The only noise we heard was the toilets flushing. Sounded like thunder lol

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
17 hours ago, CruisingKellie said:

Could someone confirm that they don't have Dr. Pepper or Pibb Xtra available on the Bliss? Those are the only sodas that I like, and I wanted to confirm those weren't available before I skip out on the drink package. Thanks!!

Nope, you won't find those anywhere on NCL.

There was Mug Root Beer (and certain other "special" pop cans) available at The Local bar.

Price was absolutely ridiculous (do you hear me NCL???) ... $3.45 each.

Most other bars, soft drinks were served via the soda guns. Same price.

Edited by Cruise Cynic

I did some checking. Dr. Pepper is distributed independently, and by Pepsico, depending on the state.

Since NCL sources product from Florida, I'm guessing it's independently distributed there.

I did not see any Dr. Pepper or Pibb while onboard Bliss (but I have seen Pibb in the Coca Cola Freestyle Machines, so I assume it's a Coca Cola product).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cruise Cynic said:

I did some checking. Dr. Pepper is distributed independently, and by Pepsico, depending on the state.

Since NCL sources product from Florida, I'm guessing it's independently distributed there.

I did not see any Dr. Pepper or Pibb while onboard Bliss (but I have seen Pibb in the Coca Cola Freestyle Machines, so I assume it's a Coca Cola product).

Sigh. Makes me sad.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, msnat said:

How does it work for reserving Jersey Boys and Havana?  Do you call NCL or is it online? any tips would be appreciated  🙂

You can do it online (I did), but that doesn't give you an assigned seat.  In order to get a seat you should show up more than 15 minutes before the show.  10-15 minutes before the show they open the standby line to let in folks that did not have reservations, if you show up after that point there's a possibility you won't have a seat despite having a reservation.

• 10 months later...
On 5/9/2018 at 9:10 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

The forward view from the bedroom isn't very good from deck 9 but it's still a great upgrade. You'll have the Observation lounges for forward views, anyway.

Yes, good advice. H8 (named HG now) on deck 13 also have the bridge right above which also cover the sky. I would also prefer (even if forward view is in some way is obstructed) the same category on deck 9 compared to deck 13.