Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

The Observation Lounge looks wonderful and I think it's great it has the mini buffets set up but I have to wonder how much this area will be utilized during the Caribbean cruises.

Have any of those who have been on the Bliss had this discussion with the staff?

So not to burst your bubble, but NCL and all other companies are are in this game to make money... They want to raise the bar with Laser tag and Karts to generate $$$.... Ropes make Zero... Or next time hit up a ship with the mini golf and ropes.. Me I'm glad for the new option.. I'll pay 10 bucks a day to ride and skip the last Margarita...

Not sure if it’s that clear-cut, as there also appears to be a higher cost to operating the karts.

My original point... with the Bliss installation, there’s nothing unique about the karts being at sea. It might as well be at your local fun park. The ropes courses are great because they ARE on a ship... offering amazing views of the ship and sea.

Have you had a restricted go on the karts? Several of us pulled in early because we were bored and didn’t want to bother with the full 8-laps.

Not sure if it’s that clear-cut, as there also appears to be a higher cost to operating the karts.

My original point... with the Bliss installation, there’s nothing unique about the karts being at sea. It might as well be at your local fun park. The ropes courses are great because they ARE on a ship... offering amazing views of the ship and sea.

Have you had a restricted go on the karts? Several of us pulled in early because we were bored and didn’t want to bother with the full 8-laps.

But you still paid $$$ and therefor NCL got what it wants... that's all I'm saying. They want to generate more $$$ and at 10 bucks a pop... they do that... Now if they could stack a ropes course on top to the Kart track with a Net to catch falling stuff?? That would be cool....

But you still paid $$$ and therefor NCL got what it wants... that's all I'm saying. They want to generate more $$$ and at 10 bucks a pop... they do that... Now if they could stack a ropes course on top to the Kart track with a Net to catch falling stuff?? That would be cool....

I’ve said that... that at a minimum they should make it a 1-story track and put a ropes course overhead.

My post was concerning the Encore, and a prediction that after 18-months of Bliss karts nobody will care or want it on the Encore.

I’ve said that... that at a minimum they should make it a 1-story track and put a ropes course overhead.

My post was concerning the Encore, and a prediction that after 18-months of Bliss karts nobody will care or want it on the Encore.

They build in three's so It will be on there... But maybe like the "Sky Karts" on the Vista and Horizon do a ropes around laser tag!!

I agree. While Bliss was built for Alaska so perhaps less emphasis on family traveling, I would think for Encore they would want to add back more things that will attract all ages of travelers. Something like the ropes course would make the cruise more attractive to all.

Actually, rumor has it that the next ship will have a 3-story track. The go carts are way more popular than one would think!

Actually, rumor has it that the next ship will have a 3-story track. The go carts are way more popular than one would think!

Yes, I’m aware it was quite popular when it was free during the industry cruises (and relatively unrestricted). Beyond that... time will tell. As I’ve already said, if it remains 3/4 unrestricted, then it’s worth the price. If it drops below that (go look at current Joy videos), they’ll have a tough time giving it away.

Margaritaville was also ridiculously popular when it was complimentary, and now it’s more valuable in marketing than any ship-side experience. I see a similar fate for karts.

I am thinking it will be used as much as Alaska, possibly more. There are (3) sea days on the carib. itinerary...for me there are (4) since I count Nassau ;p I envision masses camping out daily playing cards/games, snacking, napping and socializing. It might be utilized for indoor tanning by the windows, too!

The Observation Lounge looks wonderful and I think it's great it has the mini buffets set up but I have to wonder how much this area will be utilized during the Caribbean cruises.

Have any of those who have been on the Bliss had this discussion with the staff?

I asked this on another thread and then realized I should ask here. Sorry for the duplicate question.

Was there a seafood buffet night in the Garden Cafe? My TA went on the agents cruise and she raved about the seafood buffet. I’m wondering if that was just a special event for agents or if they do it on every cruise. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So not to burst your bubble, but NCL and all other companies are are in this game to make money... They want to raise the bar with Laser tag and Karts to generate $$$.... Ropes make Zero... Or next time hit up a ship with the mini golf and ropes.. Me I'm glad for the new option.. I'll pay 10 bucks a day to ride and skip the last Margarita...
Once again a CC member has to be condensing. Do you think that people don't know that a busy needs to make money ?

Please state your opinion but don't belittle other people for their opinions.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

Once again a CC member has to be condensing. Do you think that people don't know that a busy needs to make money ?

Please state your opinion but don't belittle other people for their opinions.

Funny you say that, I was just responding to "their" opinion, and there desire to see ropes and not Karts... and giving my opinion on why NCL makes the change... Who is Condensing now?

I asked this on another thread and then realized I should ask here. Sorry for the duplicate question.

Was there a seafood buffet night in the Garden Cafe? My TA went on the agents cruise and she raved about the seafood buffet. I’m wondering if that was just a special event for agents or if they do it on every cruise. Thanks.

There was a seafood buffet (very good) on the maiden voyage (the paid one from Southampton to New York), but it was held totally unannounced one lunchtime, nothing of that sort in the evening... It did come as a surprise, and with hindsight was probably a dry run for the kitchen crew in advance of the Travel Agents visit...

I suspect you’ll have to wait to see the reports from the regular Alaska cruise...

If you’re a big seafood fan, especially Oysters, Ocean Blue is the place to seek out..

Funny you say that, I was just responding to "their" opinion, and there desire to see ropes and not Karts... and giving my opinion on why NCL makes the change... Who is Condensing now?
Read your 1st sentence!!! If you don't understand that then give up

I agree; a rope course on 1 side, a rock climbing wall on the other and a LAZY river right in between.... leading right over to that little bar at the other end... :D

guess where I'd be... :')

I love that idea. Too bad they don’t let us design the ship!! Gotta have a bar at the end of each entertainment venue!! [emoji854]

I am pretty sure this and more were done for the VIP/celebrity launch cruise for promotional purposes. Our local TV channel showed large lobsters being served the dining room. when they were covering the 3 day launch party on board.

. I know NCL no longer offers lobster and or tails on board. No longer on Cagney's menu either.

Recently, we were in a Haven Suite for extended cruise. Last day , early in the morning, before debarkation, I went up to upper Haven Pool deck to take pictures. Could have knocked me over with a feather.

It was beautiful and amazing. Set up and looked like a 5 star resort.

I asked staff who were setting up what was going on. "It was for travel agents coming onboard to promote Haven".

We were on for 40 days and not once did we have use of lounges which were stacked and tied up, even during port days. Hammock not set up and were told it was not usable. That morning, Umbrellas and Haven embellished towels on loungers, colorful pillows, it was beautiful . Perfect example of false advertising, IMHO .

I am pretty sure this and more were done for the VIP/celebrity launch cruise for promotional purposes. Our local TV channel showed large lobsters being served the dining room. when they were covering the 3 day launch party on board.

. I know NCL no longer offers lobster and or tails on board. No longer on Cagney's menu either.

Recently, we were in a Haven Suite for extended cruise. Last day , early in the morning, before debarkation, I went up to upper Haven Pool deck to take pictures. Could have knocked me over with a feather.

It was beautiful and amazing. Set up and looked like a 5 star resort.

I asked staff who were setting up what was going on. "It was for travel agents coming onboard to promote Haven".

We were on for 40 days and not once did we have use of lounges which were stacked and tied up, even during port days. Hammock not set up and were told it was not usable. That morning, Umbrellas and Haven embellished towels on loungers, colorful pillows, it was beautiful . Perfect example of false advertising, IMHO .

Interesting. Thanks. My TA was only on for 2 nights. That’s what I was wondering. I’m not surprised.

There was a seafood buffet (very good) on the maiden voyage (the paid one from Southampton to New York), but it was held totally unannounced one lunchtime, nothing of that sort in the evening... It did come as a surprise, and with hindsight was probably a dry run for the kitchen crew in advance of the Travel Agents visit...

I suspect you’ll have to wait to see the reports from the regular Alaska cruise...

If you’re a big seafood fan, especially Oysters, Ocean Blue is the place to seek out..

Thanks. I should clarify. The seafood buffet that my TA experienced probably was a lunch buffet. I don’t see any cruise line doing that to compete with their nighttime options. Princess used to have a seafood buffet of sorts on certain cruises a few years back, but they don’t do it anymore. I’d be impressed if Norwegian is doing it. I was suspicious that it was probably just for the agents, but I have to ask!!!