10 day Italy/Greek Islands on Reflection?

birdlord

Considering a booking on Reflection for this itinerary in April 2018. When I use my TA's website for selection of cabins, it's pointing me towards first choices on starboard side. Not sure if it matters on this itinerary - is that indeed the "preferred" side for this ship/trip?

Also, what is the gratuity pp/per day on Celebrity Europe? Trying to figure out between the OBC or prepaid gratuities offered by TA.

No way to tell what might be considered preferred. One passenger may want sun, another may want to avoid it.

Thanks, I guess I meant when the ship is docked which side faces the port view. Normally that would be port side, obviously, but my experience on bigger ships is that sometimes is not the case.

We did this cruise a couple of years ago on the Reflection & it does not really matter based on how a lot of ports of call wrap around the ship so both sides see some form of land...

Good to know! Would you recommend this itinerary? I'm not sure what time of year you went; I'm a bit back-and-forth on going end of April -- probably not warm enough to do any beach days on any of the islands, but the itinerary still looks interesting.

These days, port side of the ship simply means the left side, not the side that faces the port. As for beaches, I cringe when someone expects to spend time on a beach in the Med, when there is so much else to see/do. The only port on your itinerary that you might consider for a beach would be Mykonos. But don't expect nice sand like NJ/FL/Caribbean beaches. EM

These days, port side of the ship simply means the left side, not the side that faces the port. As for beaches, I cringe when someone expects to spend time on a beach in the Med, when there is so much else to see/do. The only port on your itinerary that you might consider for a beach would be Mykonos. But don't expect nice sand like NJ/FL/Caribbean beaches. EM

Don't get me wrong; this is not a beach vacation. I live less than an hour from the Jersey shore and I can spend as much time on a beach as I desire (well, in the summer).

Just was considering the option to do it one day out of a 10 day cruise, or alternatively, to spend time by the ship's pool on a sea day, but it's definitely not the *most* important thing. It's good to know the beach experience would be different though - sometimes I'm disappointed in Florida and the Caribbean (though the water is gorgeous, I'm used to the fine white sand beaches).

Keep in mind that the port side deck 5 is smoking...we usually stick with the starboard for this reason...also, it is very nice on a Med cruise to hit a beach if possible....Mykonos would be a great place, though April you probably would not get into the water..still on the chilly side..

I am on that cruise and have done one like it a few years ago; it was wonderful the first time, so we are doing it with friends this time. Last time we cruised several weeks later than this. Yes, the weather will be cooler, as it was quite warm last time.

You will really enjoy the ports, even though Turkey is not included, so think of it as being port intensive, but gorgeous scenery. I agree with the previous posters regarding cabin etc., stay away from smoking!!!

Last time we cruised on the slant of the hump; this time we are aft for the wake and gorgeous views....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

Good to know! Would you recommend this itinerary? I'm not sure what time of year you went; I'm a bit back-and-forth on going end of April -- probably not warm enough to do any beach days on any of the islands, but the itinerary still looks interesting.

I did this or a similar cruise last summer on the Reflection. It was hot but still a wonderful trip. Port intensive but still a lot of time to enjoy the beautiful ship. We were on the starboard (right) side but I don't think it really matters.

We did this itinerary this past October and it was warm. The only cool day we had was our last port of call where we did a tour of Capri.

Thanks all! I actually booked almost the same itinerary on Royal yesterday (Jewel) for September.... I appreciate your input/advice!

The price must have been cheaper or you received a fantastic deal; the Reflection is awesome, but a more seasoned crowd...thanks for returning to let us know!

We did this in 10/15 AMAZING , loved the itinerary. We didn't care about the beach and enjoyed that is wasn't too hot for touring.

We did this in 10/15 AMAZING , loved the itinerary. We didn't care about the beach and enjoyed that is wasn't too hot for touring.

I guess we were on the same cruise... :) ... October was perfect weather... not sure what it would be like in April, search shows 19 Celsius...