Internet packages on board v pre-Cruise Exclusive offers

markandallan

Hi

Can anyone let me know whether the internet packages on board offered in the first day or so are any better than the Pre-Cruise Exclusive offers available on princess web site before the cruise.

Pre cruise just seem to give extra bonus minutes.

Thanks

Mark

IMG_1490332747.520207.jpg.6c9f69eac82d5b6f37ff284c216ce0dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Browsing on the Patters of our Regal sailing in Oct last year, there was no internet sale indicated on 1st and succeeding days. It was only on the last day that there was an offer of $8.99 for 15 minutes that will enable those who have flights to check-in online.

If I was going to actually pay for an Internet package I would definitely purchase in advance - unless I had a ton of OBC to spend. I don't pay for Internet access onboard and the OBC we get is generally eaten up by the gratuities so... :rolleyes:

Purchasing on board the first couple of days usually gets you 10% extra minutes.

Purchasing pre-cruise usually gets you 20% extra minutes.

Other than that, pricing is the same pre-cruise and on board

Now, I'm wondering...do those who have loyalty forfeit their free internet minutes if they pre-purchase the internet online?

No, but it is a silly thing to do unless you are going to use more than your free minutes. When you log on onboard you will see the free package on a separate line from all other packages. You pick that option and it doesn't cost anything.

If you did buy extra by mistake and were not going to use them the manager can probably straighten it out if you see him in the first day or two and explain you didn't realize you had the free minutes. He probably won't be sympathetic if you get halfway through the cruise and then want to remove the extra minutes. Easier to cancel the purchase before the cruise, though.