Need ship suggestions! thank you

So, this is my first post. I am new and am dying to go on a another cruise. This would be a second cruise for us.

My boyfriend and I have been on The Disney Dream with his 5 year old 2 years ago, we loved it. We still need a just US vacation. I have been searching all the cruise line sites and am overwhelmed. We live in the states, so would prefer to travel out of either NJ or FL.

We would love an all inclusive including a beverage package because we love our :beer-mug: beer! However we our in are early 50's and would not like to be amongst the drunken crowd.

I have been searching on NCL and Royal Caribbean those are my top choices but I am not ruling out anything. Even though I am a bit leery of Carnival because of their past issues.

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Royal Caribbean has Anthem sailing from Bayonne, NJ year round. They also have an unlimited beverage package for around $65/day, which sometimes goes on sale pre-cruise for 20% less.

$65 a day - that is a lot of beer! :beer-mug:

Roz

We are big craft beer drinkers we love it!! I think it would be cheaper than ala carte for us

On our disney cruise we got the beer package, basically you paid for the 16 oz but received 22oz and our end of cruise bill came out to 666.00 haha, but it did include shopping so I would say the beer portion was about 500.00 or so for a 3 night! :eek:

$65 a day - that is a lot of beer! :beer-mug:

Roz

I agree. Since RC discontinued the beer/wine package, it's become more expensive for beer only drinkers to have an unlimited package.

We are big craft beer drinkers we love it!! I think it would be cheaper than ala carte for us

On our disney cruise we got the beer package, basically you paid for the 16 oz but received 22oz and our end of cruise bill came out to 666.00 haha, but it did include shopping so I would say the beer portion was about 500.00 or so for a 3 night! :eek:

I would double check on the dedicated Royal Caribbean forum, but I don't think RC carries much craft beer.

The NCL Escape has the District Brew House - the only craft beer bar at sea. This is a very new ship and it's got great specialty restaurants, an AMAZING spa (do get a spa cabin or suite!) and sails from FL.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2015/10/26/best-beer-bar-sea-norwegian-cruise-line-now-has-contender/74624268/

The NCL Escape has the District Brew House - the only craft beer bar at sea. This is a very new ship and it's got great specialty restaurants, an AMAZING spa (do get a spa cabin or suite!) and sails from FL.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2015/10/26/best-beer-bar-sea-norwegian-cruise-line-now-has-contender/74624268/

Celebrity has the Gastro Pub....tons and tons of specialty craft beers and unique at that! My husband loves them....he's 40. One of the reasons we upgrade to Premium Beverage Package....to include all the craft beer! [emoji481] [emoji481] [emoji481] [emoji481] CHEERS!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app