Eurodam: "Bend" Signature Suite and wind question?

bluesplayer

We have a "bend" Signature Suite (facing forward) 7080 on the Eurodam sailing to Hawaii from Seattle. Has anyone stayed in a bend balcony room? Is wind a problem? Would appreciate feedback if anyone has stayed in this type of room. Much thanks for information.

We have a "bend" Signature Suite (facing forward) 7080 on the Eurodam sailing to Hawaii from Seattle. Has anyone stayed in a bend balcony room? Is wind a problem? Would appreciate feedback if anyone has stayed in this type of room. Much thanks for information.

We have stayed in an aft-facing bend stateroom and could use our tablecloth with LED candles to eat evening meals on our veranda while the ship was moving. In your case, the wind in your face will make dining outside impossible since you will be facing about 18 knot winds while the ship is moving.

Much thanks for your reply.. guess in room dining will truly be "in room" not on the deck!! Never have stayed in this type of room. The extra space seemed nice. Thank you again..

Edited by bluesplayer

bluesplayer,

I have never had a Signature Suite in your location, but I spoke with a couple on the Nieuw Amsterdam who was booked in such. They loved it and had no complaints.

From my experience with Signature Suites, they are a great stateroom.

No worries!!!!

You'll love it! We had no problems!

Enjoy your dinners out there! We

Never had wind problems or anything!!!! Loved ours on The Eurodam this past Sept. in the Med! I brought led candels which I got in QVC😳 And used those at nite on our table for dinner at night!! From The Pinnacle Grill delivered to our room they would always bring us small flowers to put outside!

Wish I was sailing again!

Have a wonderful time!!!

Denise:)

We are currently in 7093 on the Westerdam and wind is kind of a problem sometimes. We are facing more wind than on the regular balconies and had evening/mornings where the wind was just too strong and we went inside. If wind and waves are strong your verandah door and window will be wet and all salty the next day. We love the views but would not book it again if temperatures are not expected to be high enough to enjoy some refreshing wind. A nogo for Alaska or transatlantic for us in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A lot will depend on the direction of the prevailing wind relative to the direction of travel. If the ship is travelling to the west and the wind is from the south, you will feel a lot more wind if your cabin is on the south side than if it is on the north side. Remember wind speed can be faster than the ship.

I love the "bend" suites, have had one many times facing forward. There is a section of the balcony that faces sideways, not forward, and there is no more wind there than a normal balcony. There has always been a table and two chairs on that portion so eating there is no problem. The chaise lounge chairs are on the forward facing bend portion. They are great suites as you get that little extra room in the interior where you can move your low table and a chair leaving much more room between the bed and couch. They are my favorite rooms.

Much thanks for all the responses!! I thought about changing rooms. I am sticking with "the bender"!!! First time in a SS and am excited. We use the inside table a lot for cards and rummikub. Nice to have the extra space..

Was in a bend sig suite on Eurodam...6113. It was a great room. Unfortunately I do not remember much about the wind on the balcony, but I do remember that we sat out there a lot and enjoyed the balcony.

We were in a SS 'bump' cabin on the Westerdam for our Panama Canal transit -- loved the extra room both in the cabin & on the balcony! Wouldn't hesitate to book another one. Wind wasn't an issue as you can rearrange the chairs.

It is me again. We have beautiful sunshine and calm sea but 34 knots of wind blowing on our bend verandah. We would have loved to have breakfast on our verandah and tried it because it is our last sea day. We had cornflakes but the wind blew the milk from our spoon away onto our clothes. If you book a bend one make sure there is space to adjust the chairs and tables. We are in a Neptune and the door is right at the beginning of the bending. You can't hide from the wind and we don't like it. Will not book it again.

I appreciate everyone taking time to respond. Rocket man has a point with strength and amount of wind vs. the effect. So happy to know many have sailed in these types of cabins with much enjoyment. Looking forward to the euroDAM ship.. bringing a hat with a chin toggle.. thank you again for sharing your experience..

• 5 years later...

Hello Gang! I am not sure that this thread is still active but I wanted to know with this 7080 bend (bump) layout, is there more room inside the cabin? Is the desk along the outside wall still as large or is it broken up? We just upgraded to the SY Signature Suite for our 10 day Panama Canal sailing. We have been in a SS on the Nieuw Amsterdam and love the space, bathroom and balcony but wanting some input on the SY category on the bend or hump. It looks larger.....

13 minutes ago, TwoGuysPBC said:

Hello Gang! I am not sure that this thread is still active but I wanted to know with this 7080 bend (bump) layout, is there more room inside the cabin? Is the desk along the outside wall still as large or is it broken up?

Our favorite stateroom. Yes, it has a bit more space in the added triangle by the couch. (see deck plan) The desk is one continuous piece, not broken up.

You can view images of 7080 at halfacts.com     7079 on Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam have same configuration on the starboard side.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Our favorite stateroom. Yes, it has a bit more space in the added triangle by the couch. (see deck plan) The desk is one continuous piece, not broken up.

You can view images of 7080 at halfacts.com     7079 on Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam have same configuration on the starboard side.

Thank you so much Suzy!

We decided to upgrade and this was one of the choices so we took a chance since we were on the phone with our TA and HAL. I couldn't get much out of HAL but it just looked like the safe, right choice for the same $$.  I'll look for the images you suggest and I so thank you for the quick reply and advice! I love Cruise Critic! LOL. I have a YouTube Channel, See More Seas, and will be reviewing our upcoming Sailing with this rare SY Signature Suite. Thanks again!