Does Target/Walmart in FL carry wines?

I know, it is an odd question. We are trying to decide which store to hit on our way from Orlando airport to port Canaveral to load up on some baby supplies and a couple of wines to bring on board. Trying to avoid having to do multiple stops if we can.

Every grocery store that I know of has wine. Most wines at Walmart are under $15 so don't expect anything great from there. There are Total Wine and More stores here in Florida all over the place, they have the largest selection

Thanks - good to know! So Walmart is scratched off the list, I definitely want some nice wine for sipping on the balcony!

There is also an ABC store not that far from the Publix. Outside of Total Wine in Viera (not in Cocoa Beach), they probably have the best selection.

Publix has a very nice Wine selection. Target has wine, but not what I would say is a great selection. If the Publix you are going to has a liquor store attached (many do), be sure to go into the main store, as they have a bigger wine selection than the liquor store (ironic, I know).

I know, it is an odd question. We are trying to decide which store to hit on our way from Orlando airport to port Canaveral to load up on some baby supplies and a couple of wines to bring on board. Trying to avoid having to do multiple stops if we can.

Bear in mind RC only allow you 1 bottle each on embarkation.

love sailing with RCCL

You should also check the Publix weekly ad for deals on wine. Occasionally they have BOGO wine or (more frequently) "two for...". The best part about Publix is that you can buy just one to get the two for price. Like instead of being "two for $10 or $7.95 each", you can just buy one for $5 :)

Sent from Tapatalk

Hmm...I thought it is 2 bottles of wines per cabin? We have 2 cabins so we could bring up to 4 bottles (not that I want that many)?

You are correct. The rule is 2 bottles per cabin, so if you sail solo or with more than 2 people per cabin, it's still 2 bottles.

Wow. None of these stores is allowed to carry wine or alchohol where we are (Massachusetts). Some of the grocery stores here don't even have them. Interesting how the rules vary from state to state.

In Florida, times for Sunday sales can vary from county to county. In Orange county, it's 9 am daily for unincorporated areas but 9am only on Sunday for Orlando (7am other days). In Seminole county stores (which could be on the opposite side of an Orange county street), it's 7am every day. In Brevard (Port Canaveral), it's 7am everyday.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

You should also check the Publix weekly ad for deals on wine. Occasionally they have BOGO wine or ...The best part about Publix is that you can buy just one to get the two for price. Like instead of being "two for $10 or $7.95 each", you can just buy one for $5 :)

Sent from Tapatalk

Not in Florida--no matter which county.

There is a total wine in Orlando too. It is huge! I agree about Walmart. Publix as well as Winn Dixie sell wines and both are not far from the port itself. If you are able to go to Total Wine, so much the better though

There is a total wine in Orlando too. It is huge! I agree about Walmart. Publix as well as Winn Dixie sell wines and both are not far from the port itself. If you are able to go to Total Wine, so much the better though

The Total Wine stores near Orlando are in the opposite direction from the airport to the port. I would not want to go into that traffic. Much rather take a detour to Melbourne (Viera).

I live in St. Pete and we do...

Sent from Tapatalk

That's the first I've seen. Is this new? None of the stores in the Orlando area do; none I've visited in the Fort Walton/Destin area do; none I've visited in Port St. Lucie/Stuart area do; and my town does not. That does leave a lot of counties; however, some of the coupon matching sites even state the Florida exception (http://www.iheartpublix.com/about/publix-faqs/) as an example. If the product rings up half price, then you can get one for half price; if the product rings up full price with the second price deducted, then you can't.

That's the first I've seen. Is this new? None of the stores in the Orlando area do; none I've visited in the Fort Walton/Destin area do; none I've visited in Port St. Lucie/Stuart area do; and my town does not. That does leave a lot of counties; however, some of the coupon matching sites even state the Florida exception (http://www.iheartpublix.com/about/publix-faqs/) as an example. If the product rings up half price, then you can get one for half price; if the product rings up full price with the second price deducted, then you can't.

That's so odd! We were just there yesterday and pints of Ben and Jerry's were two for $5. We bought one for $2.50!

I vaguely remember reading somewhere too that in some states you can get a BOGO item 50% if you buy one.

Sent from Tapatalk

That's so odd! We were just there yesterday and pints of Ben and Jerry's were two for $5. We bought one for $2.50!

I vaguely remember reading somewhere too that in some states you can get a BOGO item 50% if you buy one.

Sent from Tapatalk

Was it 2 for $5. or BOGO? It seems most states do the Publix half price BOGO--just not Florida. I'm not actually hijacking the thread as I want people to be aware. It's great for your area (I would buy more if half price), and cruisers out of Tampa may find that deal. I'll check it out when in the Cocoa Beach area again. In any case, full price for wine OFF ship is going to be much less than half price of what the ships charge--even when there's no corking fee involved (which is accessed on every bottle you bring on NCL).

Was it 2 for $5. or BOGO? It seems most states do the Publix half price BOGO--just not Florida. I'm not actually hijacking the thread as I want people to be aware. It's great for your area (I would buy more if half price), and cruisers out of Tampa may find that deal. I'll check it out when in the Cocoa Beach area again. In any case, full price for wine OFF ship is going to be much less than half price of what the ships charge--even when there's no corking fee involved (which is accessed on every bottle you bring on NCL).

It was 2 for $5.

Edit: wait a minute. My original post on this subject was a little confusing (I'm typing on my phone and I think I accidentally deleted something). We don't get half price BOGOs here. We can buy one of the "two for" items and get the sale price.

Sent from Tapatalk

It was 2 for $5.

Edit: wait a minute. My original post on this subject was a little confusing (I'm typing on my phone and I think I accidentally deleted something). We don't get half price BOGOs here. We can buy one of the "two for" items and get the sale price.

Sent from Tapatalk

I see it now. You mentioned both (BOGO and two for) and I know other states do allow half price on BOGO (Alabama, for instance), but Florida doesn't. I missed the Ben and Jerry's 2 for [emoji22] . The week before, it was BOGO.