Still confused about Dining Reservations for 10 people

caddykid12

Going on BA for 14 days..I've heard small groups really domt need to worry about MDR reservations.

I on the other hand have a group of 10. What's my best option. Book a reserved time online? For MDR??

What is the penalty if we miss a dinner while having a reservation?

Also the group is booked under 3 reservations..... do all 3 need to make a reservation on their NCL account or can I just do it from mine for all 10?

Also chose the SDP as 1 of my free at sea... do i need to make those reservations prior too? I dont know what night i may want to eat where so rhat seems like it would be a waste

Thanks 4 help everyone

Once you are within 90 days of sailing (or 100 if you are in a suite) then you will be able to book your meals. You will be able to select the number of people, and that can exceed the number of people in your room, so you should, in theory be able to make the booking for your whole group.

I only say "in theory" as I have never booked online for a large group, so can't say for sure whether there will be a problem getting a reservation for 10. I believe that it should be OK, although available times may be limited. You may find that phoning them gives you more flexibility.

An alternative would be to book it onboard, but you'd want to do it soon after boarding.

I would recommend making the reservations somehow as you may have to wait a while to be seated without them.

There is no penalty for missing the reservation, although I would try to let them know if you aren't going to make it, out of courtesy.

As for the speciality restaurants, I would recommend making the bookings, as they can fill up. Certainly if a place or time is important to you then I would certainly book something.

If you don't book online then I'd do it soon after boarding, as people have reported not being able to get in anywhere or get reservations after a few days. That may or may not happen on your sailing, but I wouldn't take the risk.

You could always change the bookings when onboard (as long as alternatives are available).

Is there an email or #

Thank u for your help

You make the reservations online via myncl.

I'm sure there is a number you can call, but I'm afraid I don't know it, as I've never used it (and I'm in the UK anyway so would probably use a different number if I did).

We made several dining reservations for our group of 10. The best way to do it is to call the reservations desk at NCL. Someone there will help you take care of them. We didn't have any problems at all.

I had no problem making dining reservations for a party of 8 using myncl. You select restaurant and date, enter the number of people you are reserving a table for, then pick from the available times. I highly recommend doing this prior to boarding. On our cruise even 70 days out times were limited at Cagney's. The main dining rooms were mostly open though a few nights I had to reserve a half hour earlier or later than I'd originally intended.

You won't choose any of them over the other based on menus as it is the same in all three.

Samples I've saw I thought showed more variety in Manhattan. And taste and savor are the same...

So what's the biggie? Why do they have 3 just to spread out the passengers? Other than that is it just dancing in Manhattan room thats diff?

So my reservation should then be linked to all 3 if they all offer the same,

Samples I've saw I thought showed more variety in Manhattan. And taste and savor are the same...

So what's the biggie? Why do they have 3 just to spread out the passengers? Other than that is it just dancing in Manhattan room thats diff?

So my reservation should then be linked to all 3 if they all offer the same,

The main difference is that Manhattan is more formal and has the dance floor (I've never seen dancing there, but there have been bands playing).

Taste and Savor are very similar. They are only really two restaurants as they are split between the central walkway. On older ships they aren't split, and there are only two MDRs rather than three.

The menu has been the same between all the MDRs for the past few years, in my experience. Things do change though, so if you have seen a difference on the same ship at the same time then maybe that is the case. My guess would be that the different menus that you have seen are from different ships, or at different times.

As for a reservation applying to all restaurants, I have no experience as I've never reserved a MDR, but I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. If you can book individual restaurants then that would suggest that the booking does apply to that particular restaurant.

When you book a reservation, there is a drop down window that asks how many in party.

It'll only show your name but with how many in party on edocs.

If you wait till you get on the ship, you'll have to see which times are open on the screens around the ship.

We have a group of 10 on the 6/17 sailing. The drop down box on myncl.com would only allow to book for 8. I was told by a representative when I called on a Sunday to call "group events" during regular business hours. I called Monday and (after a very long hold wait) was informed that group events is for 12+ guests. The agent did assist me with reservations but could not book 10 either. All our cabin reservations are linked. She had to split the reservations, 8 /2 Cagney's, 6/4 Le Bistro...etc. She told me that the restaurants did not book parties of 10. I'm sure we'll figure it out when we get on board...but just wanted to pass along my experience.

Book the number in the party that needs to be accommodated in whatever format is computer acceptable.

Then let NCL do the Musical Dining Tables with the reservation(s).

When you get on board check with Dining Reservations or if the Restaurant is open check directly

with them to check the layout and how best to arrange this.

It may be confusing the first day-night on the ship with a lot of ifs ands maybes probablys -BUT- it

can be done.

NOTE: if your dinning reservations are after a Meet & Greet meeting talk directly with the Hotel Director

that is IF you are planning on attending the M&G - IF you are in a suite use the services of the Concierge !

NO REASON TO TAKE A "NO" for an answer !

We have a group of 10 on the 6/17 sailing. The drop down box on myncl.com would only allow to book for 8. I was told by a representative when I called on a Sunday to call "group events" during regular business hours. I called Monday and (after a very long hold wait) was informed that group events is for 12+ guests. The agent did assist me with reservations but could not book 10 either. All our cabin reservations are linked. She had to split the reservations, 8 /2 Cagney's, 6/4 Le Bistro...etc. She told me that the restaurants did not book parties of 10. I'm sure we'll figure it out when we get on board...but just wanted to pass along my experience.

I have had this same experience with trying to book 10 people. We had to be split into 2 tables that were kind of close, meaning we could see our friends but couldn't talk to them without leaving our table. It was not a good set up. This time there will be 20 of us so I don't think we will even try to get any reservations for more than 6 or 8 of us at a time. It is just a big hassle. I think we have only been successful in arranging this once in many cruises.

Does anyone know where to make dinner reservations as soon as you get on the ship? We are going on the Breakaway. One time it was at Le Bistro second time in the comedy room.

Thanks

You have a few options.

Reservations desk is in the atrium.

You can use the iconcierge app.

There are touch screens near the stairwells.

• 3 months later...

Just to clarify - I will be booking for four people, two people each on two separate reservations. How does it work with the fee for the specialty dining restaurants? Do I have to pay that fee for my two friends and have that adjusted once on board? I believe I'm not charged the fee because my reservation shows three free dining, but I'm not sure how it works when I try to book for four people when two of them aren't in my cabin. Hope that makes sense!!

Just to clarify - I will be booking for four people, two people each on two separate reservations. How does it work with the fee for the specialty dining restaurants? Do I have to pay that fee for my two friends and have that adjusted once on board? I believe I'm not charged the fee because my reservation shows three free dining, but I'm not sure how it works when I try to book for four people when two of them aren't in my cabin. Hope that makes sense!!

If you have the dining package then the system will assume that everyone you are booking for also does. As you have the SDP then you won't get charged at the time of booking, regardless of the number you are booking for.

If the others don't have the dining package then they will just get charged at the restaurant.

• Like 1

If you have the dining package then the system will assume that everyone you are booking for also does. As you have the SDP then you won't get charged at the time of booking, regardless of the number you are booking for. If the others don't have the dining package then they will just get charged at the restaurant.
Excellent, this is so helpful! Thank you so much!!

1.866.234.7350 - NCL Reservations Phone #

Note: Since it was on another cruise line (Carnival), I am not sure if it applies, but to reserve for a large group (9 ppl), I needed to provide their booking#s to the rep I spoke to to get everyone synced up for the same reservation.

We leave this Sunday and are traveling with a party of 9. I've Noticed that online it only shows even numbers on the drop down menu. Is it not possible to have a table that accommodates an odd number?? :o

Good think i have UDP im going to be using it trying to organize this. It seems soo hectic hope its not.

I think its fair i book 9 of us on all sea days atleast because port days are total coin flips. As well as needing to book 3 speciality

Now trying to see who wants to go to what show! And .......

Does comic need to be reserved?

We leave this Sunday and are traveling with a party of 9. I've Noticed that online it only shows even numbers on the drop down menu. Is it not possible to have a table that accommodates an odd number?? :o

We travel as a 3 and always just book a table for 4 to get the space. Once we board we just visit the reservations desk and adjusts the them. It's never a problem.

Your biggest problem, from reading this thread seems to be that 8 is often the largest number available.