RCCL Website, missing "payment" tab issue explained, though makes no sense

bingo3

It took over 2 weeks for me to get an answer as to why I suddenly could not view my payment information online. I booked a cruise for next January online. I mailed in a $100.00 gift certificate to apply toward that cruise. The reply I got was, because I mailed in a certificate, I can now no longer make any payments online, nor can I even view my payment information. WHAT?????:confused:

Seriously?? How dumb is that and it makes absolutely no sense, which was my reply back to them. I don't even know if I want to keep this cruise booked if I can't even view my information. That makes me nervous. I have never had such issues with Carnival or NCL and used gift cards frequently with Carnival. In fact, I could even apply those ONLINE RCCL, get with the times! If we can't apply them online, fine, but it sure should not affect me being able to view my information or make online payments.

So, just beware to anyone else who has trouble viewing their payment information! One of the dumbest reasons I have ever been given about something.(n)

I believe the reason the payment tab is now gone is that you are no longer the owner of the reservation. Basically a Royal Caribbean cruise planner is the reservation owner same as a travel agent. In order to do certain operations to a reservation then take it over. The system has been like this for as long as I can remember.

Do you have the ability to change your dining or cabin?

I don't know, I already had the cabin booked and dining selected, and I have had a personal vacation planner with Carnival and still had access to view my payment information and make payments online. It is a stupid reason and makes me more irritated by the minute! Mailing in a certificate should not result in this. I may just cancel and go with another line I can trust more. This would be my 5th RCCL cruise, I had no issues in the past like this and I think it is obvious I do not like it! :mad:

I don't have a problem calling them with my payment, but I would like to be able to view the payment/invoice information at will. How would I know otherwise if something is not right? I have decided if they can't fix this, I will just call the automated number and have them email the invoice EVERY day, for the next 300+ days! :evilsmile:

Poor customer service and that is sad. It's bad enough they did it, but even worse they did it without any explanation or notice they were doing it. I used to like RCCL and promote them.....this has left a bad taste in my mouth and was so unnecessary. It also makes me very nervous and very wary. Like, what are they going to make disappear next??

Seems like, in effect, using the certificate makes it behave as though you used a travel agent.

When you use a TA you don't get that info. Many of us have survived this. Me included. I can look at my original booking email and screenshot to my heart's content and also look at my bog box membership store travel account to check on my booking.

I've never felt an overwhelming urge to check to make sure nothing has gone wrong. I have those original emails and screenshots!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've booked many RCCL cruises by phone and on board and never been able to see the payment tab. Never worried about it one bit. If you want to call 300 times for an invoice go for it. The phone reps couldn't care less and will be glad to do it.

I had a cruise booked a few years back, no problem seeing the payment tab. Then I added a cruise for the following week, making my reservation a B2B. Both payment tabs for each week disappeared. It took many, many calls and a long time before someone finally figured out that it happened because both weeks got linked together, what???? Anyway, she "unlinked" them and the tabs reappeared!

Strange happenings!!!

If Carnival and NCL can make your information available at all times, I would expect RCCL could do so as well. And I am pretty sure on my last RCCL cruise 3 years ago,I booked by phone and could still always see my payment information. Why they choose not to show it is the million dollar question. Makes me think they are trying to hide something, because why not have it available? It just makes no sense. Costs them more money to pay people to email it than to just have it available online.

If some of you aren't bothered by that, no problem, I just wanted others to be aware of this practice if the same happens to them. It was very frustrating to have the tab disappear with no explanation for weeks. It's poor customer service no matter how you look at it.

I don't think RC is trying to hide anything. Maybe it's just a flaw in the system. Since Carnival, RC and NCL are all different companies, I wouldn't expect websites to be identical. Doesn't Carnival have actual gift card and not outdated gift certificates like RC?

Fortunately, when the tab returns you should be fine. You should not have to call 300 times for an invoice unless you have another gift certificate. I'm sure you have better ways to spend the next 300 days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums