Another EDGE question I know BUT - Deck 6

1cruiselvr

I know people are sick of Edge postings and questions. BUT I need to ask. Does anybody know or have ideas of what is going to be located Deck 6 aft? Right now the deck plans just say coming soon. We picked a deck 7 aft cabin for a 2019 cruise and am very curious about what will be below us. I can't find any information and my imagination comes up with nothing. :D

I have been wondering that myself. I noticed that there is a round glass structure that seems to include deck 5 and 6 in the aft of the ship in this picture, I was wondering if it was for Tuscan or some other specialty restaurant. I suppose it could be a nice lounge (or most anything as someone has said). Whatever it is, it looks like it could be a nice venue.

I also have been looking at the portholes at the back of the ship on decks 7-12 (past the infinite balconies). They seem to match up to where the aft S1's are on those decks, but on the deck plans it looks like white space there, not part of the cabin. I hope there will be portholes in those cabins, but only time will tell. :)

44fd47810e128410ece14c8ca14adad7.jpg

32610960613_d535024898_o.png

I have been wondering that myself. I noticed that there is a round glass structure that seems to include deck 5 and 6 in the aft of the ship in this picture, I was wondering if it was for Tuscan or some other specialty restaurant. I suppose it could be a nice lounge (or most anything as someone has said). Whatever it is, it looks like it could be a nice venue.

I also have been looking at the portholes at the back of the ship on decks 7-12 (past the infinite balconies). They seem to match up to where the aft S1's are on those decks, but on the deck plans it looks like white space there, not part of the cabin. I hope there will be portholes in those cabins, but only time will tell.

:)

Interesting. I hope it's not a noisy venue. Paying the extra $$ for a Sky Suite I wouldn't want to deal with alot of noise.

:)

Interesting. I hope it's not a noisy venue. Paying the extra $$ for a Sky Suite I wouldn't want to deal with alot of noise.

The deck 6 S Class Sky Suites that are above the Tuscan Grille (and the cabins in between) are quiet according the cabin sticky above. Hope it will be also quiet for you on deck seven above whatever venue ends up below you!

Oh I thought of something myself - helicopter pad. LOL Hopefully not. Well, whatever it is, they should have a nice aft view.

Kinda hard to land a helicopter unless the pad is open to the sky [unless you are Harrison Ford :D]

I think it's the MDR. A;so, how can anyone possible state that any particular cabin will be quiet? They aren't even built yet!

It's all speculation and some knowledge of what we know about ships in general. I'm ok with MDR below me. Above would be noisy with carts and preparation, etc. Anyway, we all all just having fun guessing. No harm.

I think it's the MDR. A;so, how can anyone possible state that any particular cabin will be quiet? They aren't even built yet!

Not the MDR; it is a floor that is mainly passenger staterooms and the space pictured is far too small to be the MDR.

Since there are cabins and hallways on deck 6, my guess is that it will be a second floor to whatever is below it on deck 5. If current Celebrity design philosophy holds, its a specialty restaurant, but who knows....

Personally I think it would be fun if it were an open air al fresco dining area to an Italian restaurant or french bistro.

Another thought I had is it seems to me any kids/teens club will not be in the upper decks of these ships due to the Retreat. Do they move that to Decks 5 and 6 aft? If so, it would probably have minimal negative impact on the rooms/ suites above as you would close them by 9-10 pm.

Fun to speculate, isn't it?

• 9 months later...