No weekend departures for Celebrity's Alaska cruises? Why?

Ox Fan Cruiser

It seem odd that all their departures are mid week. Just about all of them are 7 day cruises. It's not just Celebrity but most lines only offer mid week departures. It makes it hard on us working stiffs to have to plan vacation time at work. If they had Saturday starts we could take an evening flight on Friday after work and would only need 1 full week off.

Alaska is one of those trips where many spend extra days getting up to Denali, out to Kenai, exploring more of Alaska either before or after the cruise. We're taking 2 weeks off for our Alaska trip. There is nothing stopping you from taking off a Thursday to Wednesday either.

Alaska is one of those trips where many spend extra days getting up to Denali, out to Kenai, exploring more of Alaska either before or after the cruise. We're taking 2 weeks off for our Alaska trip. There is nothing stopping you from taking off a Thursday to Wednesday either.

for many, getting time off in 2 different work weeks is more difficult to some employers.

most lines only offer mid week departures.

Not sure what you are looking at but (example) 12 ships start some form of 7 day itinerary on the weekend of May 20, 21.

I am sure this weekend sailing situation is repeated thruout the summer sailing season.

Hello,

I must be seeing something different...??....Aren't almost all of Infinity sailings, this season and next...Sunday to Sunday ? While Millie and Solstice are mostly Friday to Friday ?

BBL

Sorry...see that has already been pointed out...I am a slow typist !

Agree the mid week departure is odd and a little inconvenient. I sailed Alaska on Carnival that went Tuesday-Tuesday from Seattle. I ended up flying out Friday, spending 3 days in Seattle and flying home the day we disembarked. I ultimately took 7 days off of work which was much easier to get rather than two weeks at the time.

Having said that I would have tried finding a weekend departure had this cruise fare not been free.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app