Live from the Majestic Princess preview cruise

dides

OMG pork belly.I thought they had learnt their lesson with share LOL.Actually I quite like it personally.Are there no vegetarians in China,judging by menu,cheers,Brian.

Buddhists are vegetarian (or possibly even vegan).

We are vegetarians and ate exclusively in Buddhist restaurants while in China.

(So there must be enough of them to have restaurants!)

Checked out reviews of the ho ho bus on trip advisor. Has anyone used it? The reviews are terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did book this at 20€ a ticket, then read the reviews and have now cancelled it!!!

Buddhists are vegetarian (or possibly even vegan).

We are vegetarians and ate exclusively in Buddhist restaurants while in China.

(So there must be enough of them to have restaurants!)

Hi,yes I know.I was trying to be sarcastic by pointing out the lack of veg choices on the Princess chinese set menu,cheers,Brian.

Hi,I noticed on the patter that Dino Sagani is in charge.We think he is one of the best captains in the fleet,a real character,cheers,Brian.ps this may be his first asignment for a while,because after the Concordia disaster he was sent ashore to give all Carnival Corp captains a refresher course in safety etc.

He was on Golden last March when we did the Sydney to Hong Kong repositioning cruise. During that cruise he announced he was being given command of Majestic. I would imagine he stayed on Golden while she was in China last year which would have given him the chance to familiarise himself with the local ports.

Wow. I just looked at the plans and agree with you. I have no desire to sail on this ship. While I understand that the Chinese market is lucrative for cruising I wish that Princess had taken an older ship and sent it to that market. As a loyal cruiser I feel like Princess is turning their back on the markets that made them successful.

Really? The existing markets got Royal and Regal and there are two more new builds in the pipeline.

It is probably easier and more cost effective to fit out a new ship to suit the Chinese market than to refit an older ship. Also by tailoring a new ship to specifically suit Chinese needs Princess is probably getting a jump on other cruise lines in that region.

Hi,yes I know.I was trying to be sarcastic by pointing out the lack of veg choices on the Princess chinese set menu,cheers,Brian.

Hi Brian

I noticed the lack of veg choices also but just thought "Oh well, we'll save THAT money if we ever sail on her". ;p:')

excuse my ignorance - what is the PES lounge - we are going on the ship on 16th April and are elite?

thanks

PES

Platinum

Elite

Suite

Hors D'oeuvres and $5 drinks in a specific place for those (above) that qualify.

You should get a small invitation in your cabin on the first day but in case you don't just ask at Guest Services.

(Talking about this brought up a memory from our last cruise. The card in the cabin with what was served each day listed the cruise before ours as the "title" but ALL of the dates and what was offered were correct in the body of the card. I needed to go to Guest Services to change money and the woman next to me was SCREAMING at them that the header was wrong. (As I said - all of the info below was correct). The next day we got an "updated" card with the correct cruise listed at the top. What a waste of paper to appease an unreasonable bi***. I feel so bad for the crew sometimes!)

thanks for that useful information - some people obviously haven't got much to worry about - mistakes are made and I doubt it caused the person screaming any great problem - give the new staff a chance.

thanks for your very enjoyable commentary and photos

Hi Sandra ... Did you see the price for the ho ho bus in Kotor at all ? See you all Wednesday.

20 euros pp - includes voucher for entrance to roman mosaics museum and a walking tour of kotor.

Yes I went to speak to Grace Zhang this morning. She and the Future Cruise person share a little room off the Piazza on deck 5.

No most travelled or top 40 parties on the preview cruise but they will hold them.

Breakdown for this cruise is:

Gold 91

Ruby 41

Platinum 81

Elite 66

And no 2 for 1 happy hour promotions on this cruise.

Thank you so much for the info and for spending your time on doing this blog.It is being followed by many future cruisers on this new ship and it is much appreciated.Have a safe trip home

Thank you Dides for your fantastic review.

With every respect to those people debating whether you will cruise on the Majestic or not and whether Princess should have created a ship for the Chinese market. Perhaps this would be better in a separate thread rather than on this thread that the OP has taken her time to create for those interested and actually sailing on the majestic?

Thank you so much for the info and for spending your time on doing this blog.It is being followed by many future cruisers on this new ship and it is much appreciated.Have a safe trip home

I think the OP is doing a B2B, hopefully they will be able to keep us updated :D

Debbie ... Anyone thinking of sailing on Majestic had better get a move on seeing as it leaves Civitavecchia in August for China ... :D

Dides is onboard this week as well along with around 40+ of us who are due to attend the meet and greet set up by RumbaLiz.

Debbie ... Anyone thinking of sailing on Majestic had better get a move on seeing as it leaves Civitavecchia in August for China ... :D

Dides is onboard this week as well along with around 40+ of us who are due to attend the meet and greet set up by RumbaLiz.

That's later than I thought, I thought it was 21st May :)

I hope you all have great cruises! (Along with my daughter & grand-daughter who will board on the 9th April) I think it's a great opportunity to sail on a ship that after these few cruises might not be available for a long time for most of us. :)

Thanks so much for all of your information and pics.

Will be boarding 4/9 few questions.

Is there a us outlet next to bed. I always bring a fan so wondering if I need an extension cord.

Is the dress code more dressy or smart casual for dinner? I see my sailing has 2 formal nights is this normal on princess? This is my 1st princess sailing.

Thanks

Kerri

As per Majestic Princess Itinerary, once it reaches Shanghai on July 9, it starts their Asian 4 to 5 days cruises to four different ports, like Hakata (Fukuoka), Nagasaki, Kagoshima, Japan and Juje (So. Korean island). This itinerary runs to the end of September 2017.

As per Majestic Princess Itinerary, once it reaches Shanghai on July 9, it starts their Asian 4 to 5 days cruises to four different ports, like Hakata (Fukuoka), Nagasaki, Kagoshima, Japan and Juje (So. Korean island). This itinerary runs to the end of September 2017.

We (in the UK) can't see anything departing after June at all. Where are you based?

Is there a us outlet next to bed. I always bring a fan so wondering if I need an extension cord.

Is the dress code more dressy or smart casual for dinner? I see my sailing has 2 formal nights is this normal on princess? This is my 1st princess sailing.

Hi Kerri, in a standard balcony cabin there is a us outlet on each side of the dressing table so one of them should be in easy reach of one side of the bed.

Yes, Smart casual for non-formal nights at dinner. Others can advise better but you can usually wear smart casual on a formal night if you don't eat in the main dining room but choose to go to a speciality restaurant, alfredos, buffet.