Why is symphony 2 bed aqua suite waaaay cheaper than sister ships in feb 2019?

IamJPT

It's probably the early inconsistencies. [emoji846] We booked 10 night Adventure one-way to Quebec for a balcony cabin. Grandeur had 9 nights (no Quebec), same time frame, for $1500 more pp. Makes no sense, but not complaining that we got a balcony cabin for just over $100 more pp than an outside with no balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same with the Boardwalk Balcony. I booked Symphony for March 2019 on the day it came out, thinking I'd just book to grab the cabin at the initial price but would switch to the Harmony when the dates were released. Well, same room on Harmony is $1000 more. Was surprised too as thought the newer one would cost more. Needless to say, we are staying on Symphony. Can't go wrong with either!

I've priced the Symphony and Harmony for several cruise, and the Harmony has always been between $500.00 and $1000.00 higher. I wanted to book the Harmony for this December, but the price difference made me go to the Allure. When the Harmony prices were first announced, the prices were very reasonably IMHO, but since then, they've gone off the charts.

Same with the Boardwalk Balcony. I booked Symphony for March 2019 on the day it came out, thinking I'd just book to grab the cabin at the initial price but would switch to the Harmony when the dates were released. Well, same room on Harmony is $1000 more. Was surprised too as thought the newer one would cost more. Needless to say, we are staying on Symphony. Can't go wrong with either!

Same here. Grabbed the desired room when Symphony bookings opened, planning to switch to Harmony when those booksings opened, figuring it was very likely going to be cheaper. Nope, much more expensive. How odd.

Maybe RCL saw unexpectedly strong booking for Symphony (prices on that ship went up quickly in the first few days), so they slowed the roll out of all ships and jacked up the prices across the board?

I am assuming I will be able to take advantage of kids sail free or 60% off seconds guest between now and Dec 2018 to knock the price down a bit on our Symphony booking....but maybe I am being too optimistic!

I was thinking newer would mean more expensive but then thought maybe not as they are still ironing out the wrinkles. Also thought maybe it was not selling as quickly as they would have liked. Anyway - looking forward to the aqua suite :) even with some of the snarky comments !!!

I have Harmony booked for Feb 2019 in a GS. The same week on Allure is $3000 more.

Sent from my XT1575 using Forums mobile app

Allure is an amazing ship but just shows you how odd.

Hope nothing is wrong with Symphony. 🤔. Maybe because a lot of things are still unknown? I noticed that DreamWorks isn't listed so not sure if that stops families from booking? (We still booked). The show not listed yet, etc.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

We have a SLS booked on Symphony as well as on Harmony for the exact same week of March 2019. Harmony is $500 cheaper and leaves one day earlier. Harmony also has 1 less Port day, which I prefer. We booked Symphony on March 11th and Harmony on March 16th or 17th.

We haven't decided what cruise we are going to keep yet, but Miami airport is further away and I have read that Miami hotels are more money. Time will tell which cruise we pick, but final payment is a long way away.

We have a SLS booked on Symphony as well as on Harmony for the exact same week of March 2019. Harmony is $500 cheaper and leaves one day earlier. Harmony also has 1 less Port day, which I prefer. We booked Symphony on March 11th and Harmony on March 16th or 17th.

We haven't decided what cruise we are going to keep yet, but Miami airport is further away and I have read that Miami hotels are more money. Time will tell which cruise we pick, but final payment is a long way away.

Please don't take this the wrong way Andrew, but that's just evil. Don't tie it up to long, plenty of folks looking for nice suites. Go with Symphony and try out that new terminal

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Please don't take this the wrong way Andrew, but that's just evil. Don't tie it up to long, plenty of folks looking for nice suites. Go with Symphony and try out that new terminal

Nothing evil with that, and I'm not taking it wrong way.:) I'm researching hotels, flights, and transport costs at today's prices before I decide. I've pretty much pegged Harmony over Symphony but will have decided by the end of the week. We booked on board for Symphony and our TA booked back home on land. We didn't know which would have been the best price. At $500 it takes a bit of time, if it was a few thousand different it would have cancelled as soon as we got off the ship.

Don't forget RC is holding onto my money with no interest and the SLS will only go up in price. Also after my last experience I might save future Star Class guests the experience of the evil gate keeper at a Terminal 18. RC should be giving me OBC for that reason alone.

Edit to add: I've been busy writing RC corporate to complain about my last experience that I have had time to finish my research. ;)

Nothing evil with that, and I'm not taking it wrong way.:) I'm researching hotels, flights, and transport costs at today's prices before I decide. I've pretty much pegged Harmony over Symphony but will have decided by the end of the week. We booked on board for Symphony and our TA booked back home on land. We didn't know which would have been the best price. At $500 it takes a bit of time, if it was a few thousand different it would have cancelled as soon as we got off the ship.

Don't forget RC is holding onto my money with no interest and the SLS will only go up in price. Also after my last experience I might save future Star Class guests the experience of the evil gate keeper at a Terminal 18. RC should be giving me OBC for that reason alone.

Edit to add: I've been busy writing RC corporate to complain about my last experience that I have had time to finish my research. ;)

No worries. But that's my point, holding it helps Royal. Price keeps going up. I was concerned because your OP said final payment was a ways off. I thought they were putting restrictions on cancelling GS and higher anyway.

I booked Symphony the day it opened (and then the next day as the website crashed!!). Just looked at the same week and cabin type on Harmony - Symphony is about $80 more. Not 100% that I will keep it. We are doing our first Caribbean cruise next March on Freedom - we'll see how that goes (a Spring Break cruise). But my m.o. is grab the good deals while you can! They don't last long. And in North America at least, you can always cancel before final payment is due.

To OP - nice find though!

I have to laugh too...and don't get it...but Royal keeps having "sales" that expire in 48 hrs, etc. Then a new sale that expires in 48 hrs. Maybe it's just our sailing but there's no difference (and at one point it sent up by $100).

P.S. - I'm with you and actually prefer the shorter port itinerary (i.e. more sea days is a bonus). And prefer Sunday departure vs Saturday. But again, for price for our stateroom we're sticking with Symphony.

No worries. But that's my point, holding it helps Royal. Price keeps going up. I was concerned because your OP said final payment was a ways off. I thought they were putting restrictions on cancelling GS and higher anyway.

You have to trust me on this one, for how much they are charging it isn't going to go up that much more. ;) Even for March break it has escalated a fair amount, or maybe it's just our poor exchange rate. :')

We booked before the new cancellation fee as well. What Royal's problem is a few years ago they dropped the Suite deposit by almost half. They should raise the deposit back up to what it used to be, something like $400 PP. I just booked a SLS on Allure September 23, 2018 and that deposit was $500 Canadian for two.