Celebrity Website...Again !!!

m8zenblue

Ok, I know, this subject has been more than a government mule.

But, it's just so amazing to me that such a large organization could not improve their online presence, especially with number of complaints I have read about.

It seems as though they are trying to imitate the cable companies, not matter how much you complain they always take the attitude like we have you by the short hairs, take it or leave it, we are the only game in town.

I was a career military man and law enforcement officer, I wish I was the leader of that organization !

Agreed! It's pretty obvious that senior management is oblivious to this issue. I remember watching the Edge announcement and they said as a company they were focused on 5 pillars - and only those 5 pillars. One of them was Service, but I have to believe they see this as "on board service" only. No IT leader could possibly be satisfied with this dismal website. I have to believe that the reason so many issues remain unresolved is that the IT dept is underfunded. Such a shame. The money senior management spent on virtual reality simulations of Edge could have been better spent on revamping their website and would have better served their customers. The same could be said for the gimmicky Magic Carpet. I'm afraid it will take a major IT failure, like those that recently occurred to several airlines, before senior management realizes that IT is a kinda important element of the company.

There web site is a mess again today. I log in and get an error message saying my info does not match theirs but I can see my upcoming cruise but there is another error message saying Captains Club status info is not available now. Of course that is what I am really looking for now since we just finished a cruise last week that would push us over the Elite level....if it makes you feel any better Royal's web site is just as bad right now. So bad that after spending 40 minutes on the phone with them trying to transfer my newest booking to my TA and being told to "try on line again on Monday, we hope to have it fixed"...that I blew up and told them I would just consider cancelling the trip and finding someone with a web site that works... There is no excuse for this but we keep putting up with it so they keep doing it.

I use Safari and I haven't been able to use the Celebrity website without extreme difficulty for months regarding our booked trip. We are leaving on Monday April 3rd and I was doing some final check ins, all of our bookings for specialty dinners and excursions including rebooking due to price drops when the website was literally shaking as it wasn't loading properly. I eventually called Celebrity, as I usually have to do, and worked with an agent for 45 minutes doing what I should have been able to do on the website. Very frustrating.

m8zenblue are you a Wolverine?

I worked with an agent for 45 minutes doing what I should have been able to do on the website. Very frustrating.

m8zenblue are you a Wolverine?

A lot of people have to call CC to do something that they should have been able to do on the website. This is just one way that their website is costing them money - having to staff CC reps to handle tasks that should be accomplished on the website.

Tried to check what's available on Eclipse for a 2018 cruise. Checked while on the Silhouette this week. The website just kept hanging up and "clocking", with no response. I thought it was a connection problem. I just tried to access their website from my home PC...same result. Hey, do I have to try NCL, or RCI to get a 2018 cruise?