Is my passport ok?

sharpasice

Not new to cruising but new to NCL. Made my first Escape reservation for Dec 2017. My passport expires in Feb. I have heard from some friends that my passport must be good for at least 3 mos after the cruise. Is this true? Must I renew before I leave? Any help would be appreciated as I have searched the NCL site and found nothing. Thanks

Not new to cruising but new to NCL. Made my first Escape reservation for Dec 2017. My passport expires in Feb. I have heard from some friends that my passport must be good for at least 3 mos after the cruise. Is this true? Must I renew before I leave? Any help would be appreciated as I have searched the NCL site and found nothing. Thanks

For us in the UK you have to have a minimum of 6 months left

Thank you both very much. We do have driver's licenses and birth certificates but like traveling with passports best. Probably will just renew so there are no problems.

That's smart. With all the things going on now, I would renew just to be sure. Better safe than sorry! The renewal process is quick and easy.

IF you are a US Citizen

For Cruises Leaving From a U.S. Port to the Caribbean, Bahamas & Florida, Bermuda, Alaska, Mexican Riviera, Canada & New England, Pacific Coastal

You’re required to carry:

A Valid Passport

OR

Proof of Citizenship (see below) AND Government-issued photo ID

• State certified U.S. birth certificate(Baptismal paper, hospital certificates of birth, and Puerto Rico birth certificates issued prior to 7/1/10 are not acceptable.)
  • Original certificate of U.S. naturalization
  • Original certificate of U.S. citizenship
  • U.S. Consular report of your birth abroad

OR

WHTI (Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative)-compliant documents

If you are on a closed loop Caribbean cruise it is fine. As long as it is valid on the day you return it doesn't matter how long is left on it. Remember that you can make that cruise without a passport. Since you can cruise on that closed loop cruise without a passport anyone who tries to tell you that it has to be valid longer than your date of return is simply wrong.

Thank you both very much. We do have driver's licenses and birth certificates but like traveling with passports best. Probably will just renew so there are no problems.

You DO NOT need to renew before your cruis eunless you want to. You will not have any issues because of the expiration date.

That's smart. With all the things going on now, I would renew just to be sure. Better safe than sorry! The renewal process is quick and easy.

"All the things going on now" have nothing to do with the passport requirements for US citizens.

Depends on where you're going. Some countries require that your passport be valid for six months beyond your visit.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country.html

https://fastportpassport.com/blog/six-month-validity-passport-rule

None of that will apply for your Caribbean cruise.

The OP clearly stated that they were going on the Escape to the Eastern Caribbean.

The OP clearly stated that they were going on the Escape to the Eastern Caribbean.

Who cares?

"Depends on where you are going" refers to the six month passport rule. I don't care where they are going.

Anyway, if you "clearly" see "Eastern Caribbean" in the OP, then you need your eyes checked.