OBC and Price Drop

I went on a RCI cruise a couple weeks ago and while on board i booked another cruise. When i booked onboard i got OBC. I just checked the price of the cruise and it has gone down but the sale is with NO OBC. If i call RCI and say to them there is a price drop, can they adjust, will they drop the price but take away the OBC. I was told when i booked on board that I couldnt lose the OBC, only if i booked an entirely new cruise.

I went on a RCI cruise a couple weeks ago and while on board i booked another cruise. When i booked onboard i got OBC. I just checked the price of the cruise and it has gone down but the sale is with NO OBC. If i call RCI and say to them there is a price drop, can they adjust, will they drop the price but take away the OBC. I was told when i booked on board that I couldnt lose the OBC, only if i booked an entirely new cruise.

Just call and ask. That is the best way to make sure.

You should not lose the book-onboard-OBC.

You will lose your OBC if there is any adjustment to your fare. RCI will state that the original on board price is cheaper if you take the OBC into consideration.

You shouldn't lose the onboard booking obc. Even if the new cruise is cheaper. It may be adjusted (up or down) if your cruise length or cabin category changes.

You could have received two different types of OBC when you booked on board.

For certain you would have received the next cruise OBC which will transfer with you to your new booking and will remain if you call for price drops.

You may also have received promotional OBC depending on what "sale" Royal was running at the time. You would lose this if you call in for any price drops or move your cruise to another date.

It's confusing because your OBC may be a combination of that from booking on board and also from any promo that mughr have been running So you could lose that part of the OBC from any promo that is gone now, but you should not lose that part of the OBC coming from booking on board.

UPDATE: so i just called royal caribbean and they did give me the lower price and i also got to keep the OBC credit. Since i book onboard the rep said I will also have that OBC no matter what.

Excellent, thanks for reporting back.:)

I got an alert about a price drop called RCL- I got the price drop and did lose my OBC. Since my price drop totaled $233 and the obc I lost was only $50. - in mho- it was a no brainer- I took the price drop! I think it all depends on your original booking.

UPDATE: so i just called royal caribbean and they did give me the lower price and i also got to keep the OBC credit. Since i book onboard the rep said I will also have that OBC no matter what.

Wish us in the UK had this option.