First Time on Balcony - Anything I need to know?

mosleyman

You will be hooked!!!!! We only book balconies. Great little private haven in the morning, for room breaks, before dinner drinks, and before bed. Enjoy!!! You are going to love it!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We like balcs too but it's not fair to say you'll never go back. Some certainly hold that opinion. But many (ourselves included) view it as a nice perk when the price is right.

I agree, you will never go back. Jsglo, it's not always about the money to some. YOLO

Every morning we have our pre breakfast room service, coffee, juice, fresh fruit and danish on the balcony.

Don't fall overboard!
:') Funny but true!

Also do not throw anything/one off the balcony (kids, wife ect...), and lastly do not think you can get away with smoking on the balcony (that is if you smoke) this is a BIG no no. You will be severely punished, if not killed:confused:....LOL seriously tho I do not know what they would do but at the worst they could kick you off the ship:(. As everyone knows a fire on the high seas is the worst thing for a cruise ship, so they do not mess around with smoking outside the designated areas.

I smelled cigarette smoke for 14 days on my balcony. You will not get thrown off the ship. If there is smoke smell in the cabin there is a fine just like most hotels. As Sharon Stone said "what are you going to do, arrest me for smoking" I know this is a contentious subject, but cigaretts is not the only smoke we smelled

We have just booked a balcony. Is there anything I need to know? Anything I should bring?

1) Sounds carry on the balcony so talk quietly, unless you want everyone around you to be part of your conversation.

2) Please, PLEASE, hold your balcony door when you close it. They are heavy and tend to slam, which is really annoying.

3) Sit and just listen to the sound of the ocean. It's amazing.

Enjoy.

Please be careful when closing your balcony door. If left to slam it shakes staterooms in all directions.

Please don't prop the door open. On some ships it interferes with the A/C system. Also you are allowing the humid sea air into your cabin.

It is against the rules to leave things out on the balcony.

While I love a balcony as much as anyone cost does come into the equation. We have been booking longer cruises of late and the $ can make a difference on a 14 day cruise. My very first cruise was an interior. I tried to go back to interiors to save some money but was very unhappy. We have a 4K booked on the Miracle. Technically an interior but with the French doors I should be fine.

mosleyman enjoy your balcony and your cruise.

Close your balcony door before opening your cabin door. Otherwise you'll create an incredible wind tunnel.

Enjoy!

This indeed works great when one needs to freshen up the room a bit.

Close your balcony door before opening your cabin door. Otherwise you'll create an incredible wind tunnel.

Enjoy!

Also, make sure that your balcony door is closed all the way because the A/C will shut off if its open at all. There are sensors that will turn off the A/C when the balcony door is open for a period of time.

Like others said, once you book a balcony, you'll be hooked!

We like balcs too but it's not fair to say you'll never go back. Some certainly hold that opinion. But many (ourselves included) view it as a nice perk when the price is right.

When going with a group, sometimes we do interior. Especially if we ate paying for adult children in lue of a gift. Giving a short cruise is a great gift.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Forums mobile app

Thank you everyone. We don't smoke so that won't be an issue and hopefully others around us don't smoke so we can enjoy the balcony. I can't promise though that I won't through my oldest teenager and his attitude overboard:D.

I agree, you will never go back. Jsglo, it's not always about the money to some. YOLO

Every morning we have our pre breakfast room service, coffee, juice, fresh fruit and danish on the balcony.

Respectfully, your statement was very rude. Many folks opt between many different type of cabins for a variety of reasons. And YES, it is about the money. Each person will have a different utility value assigned to the balcony and personally assign a $$ figure to that. You can choose to do what you want just like everyone can choose what they want.

For a couple hundred dollars more, I'd take a balc every time. For $700 more ($100 per day) I personally wouldn't. YMMV.

This will be the 5th cruise my husband and I have taken. We have always booked a balcony room. In the beginning, we did it because you could smoke on your balcony. When they stopped allowing that, we still booked balconies. It's very nice sitting out there in the morning with your coffee, or in the evening with a glass of wine. We always drink champagne on our balcony at the beginning of the cruise as we are leaving the port. It's a bit more expensive, but we don't go on any of the excursions so we spend that money on other things.

Respectfully, your statement was very rude. Many folks opt between many different type of cabins for a variety of reasons. And YES, it is about the money. Each person will have a different utility value assigned to the balcony and personally assign a $$ figure to that. You can choose to do what you want just like everyone can choose what they want.

For a couple hundred dollars more, I'd take a balc every time. For $700 more ($100 per day) I personally wouldn't. YMMV.

I have read my post over and over, what's rude? An balcony is never $700 more than a interior. On an average for a 7 day cruise $500 for an interior, $800 for a balcony, again on an average. All I was saying is, to some, it's not always about a few hundred dollars. You do know what the acronym YOLO is?

We have just booked a balcony. Is there anything I need to know? Anything I should bring?

A balcony is good but it really depends on your neighbors, Slamming the door , talking real loud, playing loud music, having loud sex in the middle of the night !!!