My View: A Rainy Spring Break on Freedom of the Seas

Well, the day got away from me with meetings to prepare for. So, sea days will have to wait.

I will throw in a few ship pictures of some of my favorite views on Freedom:

682713f85f73b698ac4d70a1930f75ea.jpg

5d95a492b8866fd049b3c866be645cee.jpg

The promenade... looking forward from the aft area:

74c600b2d1795a3c5a7faeb4f49e1753.jpg

Looking aft from the forward area:

8c39a9670e7df4358aef7050a431191f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have really enjoyed checking in for your daily updates and wonderful photos!

We are blessed to have the same stateroom & balcony on her sister ship in the future - so, thank you for showing us previews of what to expect.

enjoy the rest of your trip!

I would like to add a little info for St Kitts, beware of the guys wearing green shirts with monkeys, someone on our cruse that had a picture taken with these cute fellows came down with a case of flees.

I would like to add a little info for St Kitts, beware of the guys wearing green shirts with monkeys, someone on our cruse that had a picture taken with these cute fellows came down with a case of flees.

Thank you for the warning. Sounds like one should flee the fleas to avoid being fleeced for a photo opportunity. ;)

Awesome pictures of the Solarium!! That is our favorite place on Adventure and we have our first cruise booked on Freedom for 2019! Very beautiful space in there! Hot tubs look great!![emoji106]

Thank you! We've been on Navigator also, but like the size of Freedom a bit better. Although I will take any ship, as long as I can be on it for at least 7 days :)

I have really enjoyed checking in for your daily updates and wonderful photos!

We are blessed to have the same stateroom & balcony on her sister ship in the future - so, thank you for showing us previews of what to expect.

enjoy the rest of your trip!

Nice! It is definitely a blessing and I will never forget what a privilege it is to cruise. 20 years ago, I would have never even thought it would be possible for me!

Will you be on Liberty or Indy? We were in the exact same room on Indy... At the time I wrote the review for Indy, it seemed that it had more vibration than Freedom, but now I think it is probably about the same... not too bad, but you notice it when you first go to bed. It has obviously not kept us away from the aft balconies :D

Very good point... we stay far from them because we have also been warned about rabies. I son't know if that is just a rumor, but it is enough to keep me away.

Thank you for the warning. Sounds like one should flee the fleas to avoid being fleeced for a photo opportunity. ;)

:D A Canadian nerd with a sense of humor :D Navigator is going to be fun!

My View: Day 7

…it was a rainy sea day

and all around the pool

not a creature was stirring

not one chairhogging fool

(I apologize to anyone who endured torture while reading that cheesy rhyme)

Yes, it rained -just-about-all-day. But we had a dry balcony :)

99b8ba443862fcc9a535c6cff60e84ed.jpg

On the agenda today:

1. Avoid Straw Market of the Seas aka Promenade…

Something happened to Freedom since the last time we cruised. It was like Khan el Khalili all over again (“Let me just show you something” “Only 10 minutes until this deal ends” “Today you can have it for the special price of”). Seriously, a salesperson was actually yelling on the promenade about something that was about to end in 10 minutes. I could not believe how the Royal Promenade had suddenly turned into an Egyptian Bazaar. (And that’s my only rant for this cruise…LOL!)

Agenda continued...

2. Read a book on the balcony

3. Check e-mail and WhatsApp on the balcony

4. Drink as many Caramel Latte’s as I want on the balcony

5. Take WAY too many pictures of rain from the balcony

…you get the picture :D (But just in case you don’t, here it is)

bc66e979960a97634372d11b690a1691.jpg

A few times, the rain cleared for just a little bit. Our view of a little bit of ‘sunshine’:

1cac725b6cfb3a8e75ca7a5384496093.jpg

These guys did their best to catch the ‘dry moments’ to complete their touch up painting:

4dceb7a07c10bfb3879d9e53562e3d45.jpg

When life throws you rain, go out barefoot and wear a ‘sunny’ shirt:4aa71b6d52d55867eda1d45c8768cc25.jpg

This was our second formal night. Since the ‘dress up’ was not quite as dressy the first night, I toned it down a bit for the second night. (My skew necklace is intentional to distract from the fact that DH and DS are wearing the same clothes as the first formal night. Oops, did I type that out loud?)

e4b46c799478ace94cc94b61e120ab5a.jpg

It was also the night for “Once Upon A Time”. I thought the two lead singers in the picture below did very well for the little bit we got to hear. Unfortunately, there were technical difficulties and the show was discontinued. They offered it again the last night, but we decided not to return.

69164906fc049315fd845f1a6b2da06a.jpg

819c240d72e01f2b4c31bdf37d6bc62e.jpg

6793f1a8bf1d12a3830565cf544ff2d3.jpg

That is it for now... tomorrow, I will share our last sea day, some tips for customs in Fort Lauderdale, and a few cabin hacks from previous cruise reviews.

Thank you for hanging in there as I juggle my busy work & family life to complete this review. :)

Cruise Dreams to all, and to all a good night.

Very good point... we stay far from them because we have also been warned about rabies. I son't know if that is just a rumor, but it is enough to keep me away.

Rabies is not very likely. I'm not sure if it is even present on St. Kitts or not. Small mammals like these Green Monkeys typically don't survive the bite from the predator. That is why we don't see rabies in animals like squirrels and rabbits for example.

On the agenda today:

1. Avoid Straw Market of the Seas aka Promenade…

Something happened to Freedom since the last time we cruised. It was like Khan el Khalili all over again (“Let me just show you something” “Only 10 minutes until this deal ends” “Today you can have it for the special price of”). Seriously, a salesperson was actually yelling on the promenade about something that was about to end in 10 minutes. I could not believe how the Royal Promenade had suddenly turned into an Egyptian Bazaar. (And that’s my only rant for this cruise…LOL!)

I don't think anything beats a t-shirt sale feeding frenzy. I've seen people elbowing each other to get to those shirts.

Rabies is not very likely. I'm not sure if it is even present on St. Kitts or not. Small mammals like these Green Monkeys typically don't survive the bite from the predator. That is why we don't see rabies in animals like squirrels and rabbits for example.

I checked the CDC website, St. Kitts is considered a rabies free country.

APDMOM..

Enjoying your review, we were on the same cruise. We met you on day 1 in the Library prior to the cabins opening, and again in the R Bar one evening. Hope you are all doing well. Yes it rained a lot, but I got off that cruise so relaxed.

Happy Cruising

Shay

APDMOM..

Enjoying your review, we were on the same cruise. We met you on day 1 in the Library prior to the cabins opening, and again in the R Bar one evening. Hope you are all doing well. Yes it rained a lot, but I got off that cruise so relaxed.

Happy Cruising

Shay

Hi, Shay!! Great to see you here! Hope you also had an enjoyable and relaxing cruise. :) Since you are up north, check out the Adventure cruises to New England next summer. I was pleasantly surprised to see those prices!

Happy cruising to you too!

I don't think anything beats a t-shirt sale feeding frenzy. I've seen people elbowing each other to get to those shirts.

LOL! That is true!

On that note...

TIP: Most cruises I have been on only had the 2 for $10 at the pool on one of the last sea days. This time, there was a 2 for $10 on the Promenade early in the morning on the first sea day. I finally got my "Wake View = Best View" shirt... (there was nobody to elbow me away from it :D)

My View: Day 8 (No you did not read this already…and it is not Deja Vu)

…it was a rainy sea day

and all around the pool

not a creature was stirring

not one chairhogging fool

Okay, it became a bit more sunny for about an hour or so. I guess there were probably a few people that made it up to the pool.

It looked promising with this sunrise:

7bcbda52acd3a0018a0aabf01a713925.jpg

3916fc62902196fe88e7eea2c5151d5d.jpg

But a dark cloud came hanging over our Crown and Anchor:

422ca3d3b3d8a6405c66f870b6b5a34c.jpg

We enjoyed the relative quiet of the promenade early on and then watched some of the action from the Crown & Anchor Room:

9ec0402a7bf0dae10628aec07a0c06a8.jpg

TIP: If you can find a seat, the library and crown & anchor room have nice comfy chairs that look down on the promenade.

Balcony views of the day… all that blue sky was just a tease:

e2887309555b2aa8b606d335a9ea3e1d.jpg

01c6f0787c7f4ef8e83f59aa59f1e5fc.jpg

Regent: Seven Seas Explorer:

6040d6309f29cfea48f66a14bf85b15e.jpg

cc4252a6da8e4472c5421dec70ab98c4.jpg

“Something” of the Seas… it stayed a bit too far off in the haze for the superzoom to reach the name:

eaf70060eba1dec13706cd31dbc96cab.jpg

92e66c904fbadd21bcae140fa37b6ba3.jpg