My View: A Rainy Spring Break on Freedom of the Seas

Thanks for taking the time for the review. I really enjoyed it

You are welcome! I had fun retelling it too. :)

Thanks for the report. Reading it takes my mind away to great memories. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree, Mort! This week had been crazy at work, but I got to "escape" every night with my pictures. Thanks for following along!

Thank you for the review and all the amazing pictures! Calling out the tips separately was also a nice touch.

Despite the weather, I'm glad your family had a great trip. It's nice to have the Freedom to go on a cruise!! ;)

Thank you for your participation all week! Just a few months until Navigator... Will "see" you at the roll call! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I have one question. I am taking the same 8 days during the next Spring Break. I have 5:30 traditional seating and the sail away is 5:30. What time did you sail away? Did they change dinner time for first day to allow us to experience sail away party? I have first time cruiser with me and I want her to experience the sail away before we go to dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have one question. I am taking the same 8 days during the next Spring Break. I have 5:30 traditional seating and the sail away is 5:30. What time did you sail away? Did they change dinner time for first day to allow us to experience sail away party? I have first time cruiser with me and I want her to experience the sail away before we go to dinner.

When we sailed dinner the first night was at its usual time .

Yes, unfortunately it was dinner 'as usual' - at the same time as sail away. We had reservations for 5:45 pm on the first night, and we were still going through the canal at that time. DS and DH went ahead to dinner, as they know what I usually order and could order for me.

The best advice I can give is to switch to "My time dining" since the cruise is so far off. Then book your first dinner for 7 p.m, and the other dinners at your preferred time.

We were able to ask for the same waiters each night, and loved the ability to go a little later on sailaway night. You can make your reservations online, in advance, for every night... We never had to wait after the first night - just went straight to our reserved table. Let me know if you have questions about this. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Awesome review and tips. Thank you for taking the time to give us all the great information and photos...loved the tips!

You are welcome! Thank you for reading :)

Yes, unfortunately it was dinner 'as usual' - at the same time as sail away. We had reservations for 5:45 pm on the first night, and we were still going through the canal at that time. DS and DH went ahead to dinner, as they know what I usually order and could order for me.

The best advice I can give is to switch to "My time dining" since the cruise is so far off. Then book your first dinner for 7 p.m, and the other dinners at your preferred time.

We were able to ask for the same waiters each night, and loved the ability to go a little later on sailaway night. You can make your reservations online, in advance, for every night... We never had to wait after the first night - just went straight to our reserved table. Let me know if you have questions about this. :)

[emoji20] - I have always done 5:30 just first time i didn't sail away at 4:30. Sound like it will be more than 20 mins. Something to think about. Thanks!

[emoji20] - I have always done 5:30 just first time i didn't sail away at 4:30. Sound like it will be more than 20 mins. Something to think about. Thanks!

We like traditional early dining too. Due to a glitch we ended up with "my time dining". We booked nights 2-7 for 5:30, asked for the same waiters, and ended up not even noticing a difference [emoji846]

• 4 weeks later...
Enjoyed your review and photos.

We sail the Freedom next April and are really looking forward to it:).

Enjoy! It seems like a long wait, but Freedom is worth it :)