EZ Air enroute desk

dickinson

I have EZ Air which includes a flight home from Europe. My personalizer says that I have 24/7 enroute support. If I have an issue, whether in US (origin flights are in US) or in Europe ... who do I call? Couldn't find the info. Thanks.

I have EZ Air which includes a flight home from Europe. My personalizer says that I have 24/7 enroute support. If I have an issue, whether in US (origin flights are in US) or in Europe ... who do I call? Couldn't find the info. Thanks.

Oy...well I have the number still saved in my phone, 800 545 0008. Although it did me absolutely ZERO good when our EZAir flights had to be all re-arranged in January this year. I re-arranged the flights myself, called the # to inform them of the changes, especially due to our Princess Transfer! We wouldn't be arriving in Rio until just after Midnight. I questioned the man at the other end several times, because I didn't think a Princess rep was really going to show up at 12:03AM. He assured me they would. In fact, he gave me a different 800 number to call just in case we got to Rio and no one was there. BIG surprise, no one was there, worse surprise - the 800 couldn't be dialed from Rio, not from my US phone, not from our porter's Rio phone. BIG HELP. We hopped in a taxi, got to our hotel, fell in bed at 2AM, met our private tour guide at 7:30AM, back at 5 pm, went directly to the Princess Hospitality desk in the hotel, where the 2 ladies exclaimed, "where have you been we've been looking for you for two days!". So obviously, my wonderful helper at En Route, Jason, didn't even bother to enter all our new flight/transfer info in to the freaking computer correctly.

Lesson learned: Yes, I am using EZAir to get to Europe this summer, their price was great, but never again will I believe that help will be at the other end of the phone from En Route. I'll just handle things myself.

Good luck & Happy Sailing (& hopefully flying!) :D

Have taken multiple overseas cruises and have never used EZ Air. I prefer to be in command of my own flights, plus I can always do it less expensive.

But if you are traveling internationally, you want either a local number (not toll-free as mentioned above) or a way to call a local number that will allow you to use toll-free numbers. My prepaid phone card has local access numbers in lots of countries. I can call that local access number, then it is like calling from the US so I can dial toll-free numbers with no problem.

The eZAir enroute desk was completely useless for us with flight issues we had on our way to Europe last fall. Can't beat their pricing, but it's best to deal with any issues yourself.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

From the Princess Cruise Answer Book (available online to download, but rarely mentioned as being a valuable resource), page 19

Upon learning your new flight arrangements, we ask thatyou immediately contact Princess with your new flight information for our records. You may call us toll-free at800-545-0008. This special number is operational onlyin the United States and Canada.

If you are outside of the United States and Canada, you canreach us at 13 24 88 (within Australia), 0800 780 717 (withinNew Zealand), 0843 373 0333 (within the United Kingdom),or 661-284-4410 (all other countries). Princess representativesare available to answer this en route line 24 hours a day,

7 days a week.

That said, I have to agree with Jo; all reports from people who actually contacted the EnRoute desk found them to be of little help. Mostly they just want to know your new flights...they don't contact the airline themselves.

From the Princess Cruise Answer Book (available online to download, but rarely mentioned as being a valuable resource), page 19

That said, I have to agree with Jo; all reports from people who actually contacted the EnRoute desk found them to be of little help. Mostly they just want to know your new flights...they don't contact the airline themselves.

Hi

Curious what happens if your EZ Air flight arrives late into your arrival airport prior to embarkation??

Will Princess have agents there??

Annie

Thanks everyone. If I have any issues I'll just deal directly with the airline involved.

Hopefully, that works. We are using EZ Air for the first time next month. After I made the EZ Air reservations, I understood that if I wanted to upgrade to a higher class than Economy, I was to contact the airline directly. I did yesterday and the United person put me on hold and came back to say that I needed to contact Princess to make arrangements for an Upgrade. So, I went back and tried to change Air arrangements in Personalizer, and it said to contact airline for any Class upgrade?!?

Oh well... Good Luck, Paul

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hopefully, that works. We are using EZ Air for the first time next month. After I made the EZ Air reservations, I understood that if I wanted to upgrade to a higher class than Economy, I was to contact the airline directly. I did yesterday and the United person put me on hold and came back to say that I needed to contact Princess to make arrangements for an Upgrade. So, I went back and tried to change Air arrangements in Personalizer, and it said to contact airline for any Class upgrade?!?

Oh well... Good Luck, Paul

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly what we ran into a few years back - the one and only time we used EZ Air - we were told to contact the airline, the airline then told us to contact Princess, in the end nobody would help us, we took care of things ourselves and haven't used EZ Air since.

EZ Air tickets are extremely discounted tickets. It is very unlikely that you would be able to upgrade. My guess is that the only way to upgrade would be to check with Princess. The airline sells the tickets to the cruise lines at a discounted price and the airline becomes the owner of the ticket.

Can't beat their pricing, but it's best to deal with any issues yourself.

Really you can't beat EZ Air's pricing? I wonder which routes you are looking at. There are lots of creative ways to beat EZ Air pricing, even on one-way tickets. The times I have looked, I have been able to beat EZ Air pricing and I didn't get the type of restricted ticket that Princess sells through EZ Air.

Though I don't fly 1st class or business class, I had no difficulty with upgrading from Economy to Economy Comfort with Delta last year on a flight to Rome booked thru EZAir. I just called Delta to make the change, and paid the fare difference directly to them. Perhaps it was so easy because it was well after final payment, so the air tickets were paid for.

Oy...well I have the number still saved in my phone, 800 545 0008. Although it did me absolutely ZERO good when our EZAir flights had to be all re-arranged in January this year. I re-arranged the flights myself, called the # to inform them of the changes, especially due to our Princess Transfer! We wouldn't be arriving in Rio until just after Midnight. I questioned the man at the other end several times, because I didn't think a Princess rep was really going to show up at 12:03AM. He assured me they would. In fact, he gave me a different 800 number to call just in case we got to Rio and no one was there. BIG surprise, no one was there, worse surprise - the 800 couldn't be dialed from Rio, not from my US phone, not from our porter's Rio phone. BIG HELP. We hopped in a taxi, got to our hotel, fell in bed at 2AM, met our private tour guide at 7:30AM, back at 5 pm, went directly to the Princess Hospitality desk in the hotel, where the 2 ladies exclaimed, "where have you been we've been looking for you for two days!". So obviously, my wonderful helper at En Route, Jason, didn't even bother to enter all our new flight/transfer info in to the freaking computer correctly.

Lesson learned: Yes, I am using EZAir to get to Europe this summer, their price was great, but never again will I believe that help will be at the other end of the phone from En Route. I'll just handle things myself.

Good luck & Happy Sailing (& hopefully flying!) :D

I hope you would have followed through on a complaint both onboard and when you returned home.

This is totally unacceptable.

Hi

Curious what happens if your EZ Air flight arrives late into your arrival airport prior to embarkation??

Will Princess have agents there??

Annie

It depends. A recent EZAir flight into FLL the day before depature was delayed and didn't arrive until 12:45 AM - no Princess person at airport. We took a cab to the airport, and would have been reimbursed the cost had we had a receipt. They did call to tell us that due to the delay they wouldn't be there, but unfortunately, left the message on our home phone....