Did they do away with filling out waivers online before the cruise?

I'm going on Harmony later this month. There doesn't seem to be the usual button on the website to be able to fill out online activity waivers as I've done in years past. Did they do away with that?

-- Kevin

Online waivers are not available for Harmony.

You can do them on your in stateroom TV when your cabin opens at 1:00 or if you board before then you can fill out and sign a paper waiver at the sports desk on deck 16 by the flowrider. If you purchase a Wowband it is a very quick process at the sports desk.

You can do them on your in stateroom TV when your cabin opens at 1:00 or if you board before then you can fill out and sign a paper waiver at the sports desk on deck 16 by the flowrider. If you purchase a Wowband it is a very quick process at the sports desk.

That's interesting because we completed online waivers just 2 weeks ago on Harmony.

We sailed March 11 and they were not available for us.

Yours is the first report that I have read about waivers being available for Harmony.

I just completed online registration yesterday. Signing waivers was the very final step (sailing Allure April 30)

Not sure why Allure and Harmony would be any different.

We sailed Harmony the following week after yours...and had that option online available during the time period from 65-30 days prior to sailing, the same as our online choices for specialty dining, entertainment, and other Cruise Plan elements.

Online Waivers also NOT available for Anthem Cruise 3 weeks ago. Even the TV option did not work for us in 2 different rooms. But, we just went to the Seaplex and did all of them there at once. Only took 3 or 4 minutes for the 4 of us. We still had to sign a different waiver for our Scuba excursion in Cococay We did that one while we were waiting for the Tenders.

dp

Online Waivers also NOT available for Anthem Cruise 3 weeks ago. Even the TV option did not work for us in 2 different rooms. But, we just went to the Seaplex and did all of them there at once. Only took 3 or 4 minutes for the 4 of us. We still had to sign a different waiver for our Scuba excursion in Cococay We did that one while we were waiting for the Tenders.

dp

Thanks for sharing that...it's starting to sound like it was a software/site issue that impacted some folks, while others didn't have a problem.

You can do them on your in stateroom TV .

THIS

Did them on tv and never had use for them. But hey, they were there if I decided to overcome my cowardice and fly across the grand canyon on a tiny wire.

They were online for our upcoming Liberty cruise though.

So now we have people who could do it on line and others who couldn't.

We also have people reporting being able to do it on their cabin TV, and another who could not.

Clearly...this is a software issue.

Other posts reporting a range of issues around online booking things...

Just one example...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2479400

dp

For my anthem cruise in feb, waivers wasn't available online. DH and I did ours on the tv in our cabin. We where unable to do the girls on the tv in their cabin since their was no one over 18 in their cabin.

We had to do it in person, and the girls got wrist bands.

For my anthem cruise in feb, waivers wasn't available online. DH and I did ours on the tv in our cabin. We where unable to do the girls on the tv in their cabin since their was no one over 18 in their cabin.

We had to do it in person, and the girls got wrist bands.

The TV option did work for others in our group, but for some reason, after I check marked all the waivers and confirmed, it would freeze for a few seconds and comeback with a failure message. I called GS and they suggested we go to Seaplex. After we got back, someone from maintenance arrived at our room to see if they could help or fix the problem but we had already signed them at the Seaplex. I seem to remember that at that point, I could see on the TV that they had been signed. It might be simply because we had 2 rooms, and some wow bracelets had been re-assigned to open the other rooms door. As we all know, sometime it doesn't take much to mess up their IT system.

Isn't that always the issue with Royal?

There certainly are issues with Royal Caribbean's site/software from time to time - tons of posts over time verify this fact.

That said, I know from several research interactions with their tech team that those who use any browser other than MS IE seem to have the most problems.

Example: Prior to our recent Harmony cruise...we had no issues and could do all reservations in advance using IE, but tried to do them using Chrome with all sorts of "hiccups" and/or missing information on the Planner screens.

We had a similar experience 10 months earlier for another cruise.

In addition, looking at Crown & Anchor sales has resulted in a similar experience..where information is inconsistent when using any other browser than MS IE (including Safari and Chrome). Their TV software runs on separate code, or so I was told onboard once.

I'm convinced the Royal IT team codes their site and information to Microsoft Internet Explorer specs, and then attempts to duplicate it for other browsers (with mixed results) - that's based on literally dozens and dozens of compare attempts of the same information at the same time on the same computer.