QM2 Sheltered Balcony 5215

Georgina1

Hi,

Is there anyone onboard QM2 in 5215 or out on the Forum who has had experience with Sheltered Balcony 5215. We have booked a full World Voyage on QM2 in 5215. Any info or photos would be much appreciated - position, noise, does Balcony get plenty of light/Sun, good or bad points.

Best wishes,

Georgina1

Edited by Georgina1

We were on deck 4 in a similar location on a TA last year it was quiet and 5 should be quieter still. (depends how your neighbours use their balcony while you are using yours) I like the sheltered balcony but they obviously are shaded at certain times more than a glass fronted one would be. The Cunard photos are pretty representative. hth

A full world voyage? How I envy you!

We've had a sheltered balcony on deck 5. And, like wenlyn, last summer we had a sheltered balcony on deck 4 in a location similar to yours. The cabins were quiet, comfortable, and offered all the light and fresh air we needed. To be sure, as welwyn said, you'll have less light than you'd have in a glass-fronted balcony and you'll have to stand up if you want to take in the view. But these are small inconveniences. Your stateroom is nicely located for the Britannia dining room and the Queen's Room for afternoon tea. Being aft, you'll have a bit of a hike to the theatre, the library, and the Commodore Club, but we found the exercise did us a world of good.

Have a wonderful journey!

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

We had a sheltered balcony cabin, midships on deck 5 of QM2 recently Sydney to HK. Quite happy with it, protect from sun and rain. Seas were calm generally, but stable mid ship on the lower decks anyway. No complaints re the cabin. Good location for accessing most public areas of the ship.

We had a sheltered on 4, almost immediately below yours, no issues, save not a lot of sun, it's almost like an extra room, the opening is like a large window (without glass) I will see if I have a photo. If I can find one I'll post it.

In 2014 we stayed just a few cabins away in 5206. I'm not sure if the cabins have been remodelled since then during the recent refurb but the size and layout will most probably be the same. This isn't the best video you'll ever see and the music is awful (what was I thinking!) but you'll get a good idea of what you'll get in your cabin. You won't get much sun on the balcony but we were glad of the fresh air in the room when the doors were open and I did spend quite a bit of time out there just enjoying some private time looking out to sea. You'll love it :)

zIT6uzwHDzk

Hi barnieslad,

Many thanks for the Video, the balcony is quite big but as you said not too much Sun but plenty of fresh air when you are in hot places. However you can see a lot standing up - could do with a couple of Bar Stools!!!

Thanks again,

Georgina1

PS - the music was not too bad!

We've had that cabin but on the port side...if that makes sense. We always take a sheltered balcony if possible as they are bigger than glass fronteds. They don't get as much sun but as has been said you can always stand up to look out. The less sun means they are cooler in the hotter parts of the world. Also you can dry your smalls out there.

We're joining the ship in Dubai and are in that cabin but deck 6

Liz

Hi,

Is there anyone onboard QM2 in 5215 or out on the Forum who has had experience with Sheltered Balcony 5215. We have booked a full World Voyage on QM2 in 5215. Any info or photos would be much appreciated - position, noise, does Balcony get plenty of light/Sun, good or bad points.

Best wishes,

Georgina1

My personal opinion is I would hate a sheltered balcony for a full world cruise. I like to be able to sit on my balcony and look out to sea through the glass front balcony which you cannot do on the sheltered balcony. I have done the world cruise (albeit in two halves) and the only time I have had the sheltered balcony was on a Transatlantic when you really don't sit out there. That is just my own opinion. Have a great world cruise. I loved it.

My personal opinion is I would hate a sheltered balcony for a full world cruise. I like to be able to sit on my balcony and look out to sea through the glass front balcony which you cannot do on the sheltered balcony. I have done the world cruise (albeit in two halves) and the only time I have had the sheltered balcony was on a Transatlantic when you really don't sit out there. That is just my own opinion. Have a great world cruise. I loved it.

I completely agree. If budget meant I was unable to book an open balcony, I would rather have a carefully chosen obstructed view balcony. We really didn't like the sheltered balconies at all.

Hi Sikwemu, DreamflightPat and Cruiseluvva,

Many thanks for you comments. On the opening day for World Club bookings I did try for one of the better situated Obstructed Staterooms but when my TA got through they had all been taken and so I went for my second choice in my price bracket for the full World Voyage.

With a little luck we may get upgraded.

Best wishes,

Georgina1

Hi,

Best wishes,

Georgina1

Good morning Georgina.

On a short cruise out of Southampton my wife and I booked a sheltered Balcony on Deck 5.

I wrote a blog review and here is the link if you'd like to see what they look like...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/09/15/queen-mary-2s-gallic-discovery/

14931429709_e9c9afa2d2_z.jpg